Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Anyone notice the Rennlist buyout? (See top of forum for announcement)

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 08:42 PM
GeoT3
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats to Jenn and John. To me you guys deserve more than what you got for the site. For all your hard work, time, endless hours devoted to this site... I congratulate you.

If not for you, Rennlisters like myself would not have a place to 'hang' and, most importantly, share priceless info and our enthusiasm for our cars. This site made mine ownership of a P-car special.

Again, thank you.

George
Old 11-05-2007, 10:17 PM
rc1320
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone... I think there are a lot of great questions coming out of this thread and it's a bit overwhelming for me to chicane through so I almost want to request you guys shoot some q's back at me even if they have been asked already.

Thanks,
IB_Ryan

(Internet Brands Ryan)
Old 11-06-2007, 12:30 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 442 Posts

Congrats on adding to the American Dream John and Jen!

I will always be grateful to you because if it wasn't for you, me and a bunch of other folks wouldn't have had the confidence to even buy a 993. That confidence was given to me by the active members of this board through their acts of kindness. Some of you actually helped me find my car for me, met me at the airport to pick me up 12 hours from my house, took me out for food, took me back to my hotel afterwards, drove my car before I bought it to make sure it was as good as it looked to be, took a ton of pics of it and emailed them to me in advance of flying out to get it ... Without all this, I never would have gotten my 933. You guys know who you are. All the best to ... all of you.

Steve R
Old 11-06-2007, 02:14 AM
TargaTango
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Berkley
This is the way the story should end....Two folks with a combination of personal funds, loads of sweat equity, the will to survive with unyielding integrity have now reached a road's end after many years of crossroads traveled through.....

I feel certain the sense of accomplisment and value added for John and Jen will far outweigh the financial rewards bestowed on their family......Money does not buy happiness but only facilitates living......

A job well done......
+1 and I would like to add a big thank you. Rennlist has brought me into contact with information and thoughts which only an excellent Internet site patronised by enthusiasts can. My dream Project Orange which is nearing completion (a modern interpretation of a 993 RS Club Sport) is based greatly on what I have learnt here. While I have not formed any close friendships, I feel I know quite a few of the posters and watchers. When I had problems a number of good people gave me their time and great advice. While I do not know you personally John I wish you and Jen the best and thank you for a wonderful site which hopefully will contine. I was a big user of Timezone before it was taken over and it still seems to be a great site. If the new commercial owners of this site are balanced and considerate it can serve everyone well.

Thanks again John and all the very best,
Old 11-06-2007, 03:43 PM
HBdirtbag
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by IB_Ryan
Hey everyone... I think there are a lot of great questions coming out of this thread and it's a bit overwhelming for me to chicane through so I almost want to request you guys shoot some q's back at me even if they have been asked already.

Thanks,
IB_Ryan

(Internet Brands Ryan)
Good to see you guys acquired another good site Ryan (I work over at DPI with Tom and Andy)

I moderate another forum that was purchased by internet brands (been there for 8 years now), and for those that are scared that IB will come in and ruin your community; I can assure you, atleast on our site, things have not changed and the community has remained the same.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by soon2be993TT
.... I can assure you, atleast on our site, things have not changed and the community has remained the same.
While I have no inside information, I think we can all be assured that John D. has only ever done what is best for Rennlist for the past 11 years so I am confident that this will only help RL grow in the future.

Marc
Old 11-06-2007, 08:47 PM
HBdirtbag
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc Shaw
While I have no inside information, I think we can all be assured that John D. has only ever done what is best for Rennlist for the past 11 years so I am confident that this will only help RL grow in the future.

Marc
Dead on, I was just trying to re-assure those who were concerned

Quick Reply: OT: Anyone notice the Rennlist buyout? (See top of forum for announcement)