Old 10-10-2007, 02:15 AM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stealth 993
It's at the Porsche Dealer on a consignment deal, the wheels are holding it up.

I paid what other are going for in this shape & condition. My PPI shop said it was a solid 9 out of 10. Everything is up to date, the only downside is I wanted a Yellow one, instead of black.

I did look around for another one, but didn't find anything in the country that stands up to this one for the $$, there is a 10kmi one on eBay for $65 with out the Aero kit, & some other things.
who did you buy the car from? a used car dealer, or a Porsche dealer?
Old 10-10-2007, 02:28 AM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

**** Him! Possession is 9/10ths of the law. He has or had an obligation to turn in the paperwork in a timely fashion if everything was kosher. How does he have you over the barrel, you have the damn car and the contracts were signed. You can't change the terms of the contract AFTER the fact. WTF?

If you have no choice I'd **** his 100k deal up, and THEN return the wheels, and the car, and get my $$ back, and find another car. You probably overpaid for the car anyway. Principle, integrity, and honor are gifts you give to yourself. This is why, I'd **** someone up whether they stole $.05 or $500 bucks from me. If it was me, I'd stare his *** down and I wouldn't blink
Old 10-10-2007, 02:28 AM
Bogwan
Racer

I'm assuming you bought it in WA, and if the 4 days went by without him contacting you, then he is breaking the "bushing" law in our state, and you might let him know that you know this, and that the AG can have the DOL shut him down.
As far as time frame on returning it(you don't have to if above is the case), take your time, whats he going to do? Let him squirm, then return it at your liesure.

Find another car, $65995 buys alot of car, be patient, or buy some new wheels.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:32 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 4,799 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Wait a minute, did you pay $65k for that car????

It's very nice and has some sweet options but not $65k nice. Heck, you can buy a nice Turbo for $5k more. Maybe you ought to think about returning it.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:49 AM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Stealth,
You have been far above board here by NOT posting the name of the particular dealer.

However, post the name of the bottom feeding, sleaze-ball a-hole for the benefit of the RL crowd. Sure the guy might make a TT sale, but you can cost him a bunch more sales down the road...

DO NOT GIVE THE WHEELS BACK. I'm quite sure it is a "as-is" sale. Just ask if he'll fix a few things that were broken... If you decide to give him anything, give him the car back....after he refunds you the cost of your taxes...make sure you can get the taxes back

I can't stand to see people f*ck people over just because they think they can. PLEASE go through the pain of contacting the state AG and any other proper authority.

just my 2c.....
Old 10-10-2007, 03:00 AM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

it seems it may be better to give the car back. Paying 65+ k for a c4s....insane. I paid 68k back in 2001 for a c4s. It seems stealth has become emotional about this purchase, and is looking a gift horse in the mouth. This will be my last post in this thread..........with this advice.

GIVE THE FU**&^N CAR BACK.....*******
Old 10-10-2007, 03:13 AM
David_J
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a messed up situation. Look on the bright side, if you keep the car with the chrome wheels, you will have a great winter set.

Bring it out on our next drive and you can match my newly purchased chrome turbo twist wheels. Yep, that's right. I bought a set since they were so cheap and work great for winter time. The will hold me over until my new wheels show up.

I have had some crappy deals before, but this seems pretty bad. When I bought a Boxster last year, I paid to have it certified. After the deal was done, and I paid the money, they tried to tell me the car never went through the CPO inspection. I wonder if you are dealing with the same place I was.

Since I'm just curious, can you PM me the dealer?

Good luck

-David
Old 10-10-2007, 03:24 AM
C4S_fan
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

This is an unfortunate situation...

I agree with a lot of the guys here... there's a princple here that's being violated which would infuriate me.

There's two ways to go... if you really really want this car, then you're going to have to play by his game. If you think, even for a moment, that you might have overpaid or the car just doesn't feel 'right' (maybe as a consequence of this ordeal) you could drag it out and give him a taste of his own medicine.

I'm super curious as to who the dealer is as well...

Last edited by C4S_fan; 10-10-2007 at 03:39 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:59 AM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I didn't read all of the posts word for word but my take on it is you have a sales contract. If there is nothing written and signed regarding the wheels and the car rolled off the lot that way when you consummated the deal, by signing the purchase contract, I think you are in the right. If they sue, counter-sue since it will likely wind up in small claims court. Get alternate financing right away and then find better financing later if need be since there are usually no prepayment penalties on these kinds of loans. Who are they kidding anyway? Gee, we made the deal but we changed our minds. Please....... This is why I hate dealers. Keep the wheels, get alternate financing, and be done with it. The deal was done the second you drove it off the lot. They can't add in a "if we change our minds about the wheels we swapped" clause. Frickin' donkeys.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:04 AM
Marlon
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There were a couple real nice 996 Turbo's on Ebay last week - each for about 52K as I recall.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:29 AM
NCporsche
Chainsaw
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 128 Posts

After reading the thread it appears as though you have relented and agreed to return the wheels.

If it's not too late, I'd also return the car making sure I get my $6k in taxes back. A situation like this would leave a bad memory and a memory that I would just as soon put behind me.

Every time you wash your wheels, you'll remember the hassle.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:33 AM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 650 Likes on 385 Posts

What's the downside of simply leaving the car in the garage and not returning phone calls for three or four weeks? It seems to me that possession is 90% of the law in this scenario.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:57 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

you got screwed bad on the price no matter how nice the car might be. $6000 in tax??? Insane price. I would have demanded gold plated wheels if I paid that much for a 10year old car.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:00 AM
Pete
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems pretty simple to me. I'd give him back the wheels he wants but he has to replace them with the equivalent or the wheels of my choice of comparable value, not the chrome ones that were on the car when you decided to purchase it. Of course all mounting, balancing, shipping, etc charges are on him because you bought the car the way it sits right now in your garage, and you need to get all of this in writing up front. If the dealer doesn't agree, give him back the car. There's plenty of cars out there, especially at the reported price.

Sounds like this dealer is a real amateur.

Pete
Old 10-10-2007, 08:37 AM
TroyN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Time for a road trip across the US... then return the car. You can look at other cars on the way.

Quick Reply: Car Dealer is screwing me!