Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Arrwin
Updated (as of 10/26/07).....

Current Roster:
1. Bob in NY - 997 C4S - Lunch
[... lots of cars]
51. Stevie +1 - CaymanS(?)
Here's maybe a dumb question: how are we fitting ~60-70 cars in the Sloatsburg rest stop parking lot? Doesn't look that big from the satellite photos. Or do they have a secret underground parking deck to fool the Rooskies?

- Dave
Old 10-26-2007, 03:49 PM
Leslie 928 S2
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's an extremely large lot...most of which is under an awning (that would be the end of the structure closest to the entrance to the rest stop). Must be able to hold a minimum of 100 cars under the awning alone, I'm estimating. It's really long and 4 or 5 rows deep. Plus there is additional parking behind the parking structure, and at the far end of the rest area, past the main visitors building, if push comes to shove.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:01 PM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Arrwin.

I just got a phone call from Larry..who lives in Woodstock. He's having difficulties logging in and can't post here. He is coming down to meet us at the lunch spot with some friends. 5 cars total....7 people total. They will be eating lunch as well.

Just giving you a heads up for reservation purposes. Are you dealing with Mark there?

J
Old 10-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Leslie.
It's an extremely large lot...most of which is under an awning (that would be the end of the structure closest to the entrance to the rest stop). Must be able to hold a minimum of 100 cars under the awning alone, I'm estimating. It's really long and 4 or 5 rows deep. Plus there is additional parking behind the parking structure, and at the far end of the rest area, past the main visitors building, if push comes to shove.
Hi Leslie...thanks for clarification.

Originally Posted by JBRipps
Hi Arrwin.

I just got a phone call from Larry..who lives in Woodstock. He's having difficulties logging in and can't post here. He is coming down to meet us at the lunch spot with some friends. 5 cars total....7 people total. They will be eating lunch as well.

Just giving you a heads up for reservation purposes. Are you dealing with Mark there?

J
Sounds good. Will add them. Yup...spoke with Mark and will call him to confirm our reservations for 12:00-12:30ish.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:49 PM
davesnothere
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Leslie.
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]It's an extremely large lot...most of which is under an awning (that would be the end of the structure closest to the entrance to the rest stop).
Um ... yes, that would be the large-ish structure that looks conspicuously like a parking deck that I somehow missed last time I looked.

Thanks Leslie!

Everyone else, back to your smack-talk and grouping plans. Sorry 'bout that.

- Dave
Old 10-26-2007, 05:33 PM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Weather for Sunday morning

Hi guyz n galz,
I've been keeping a VERY close eye on the weather for the weekend -- cognizant, of course, of Arrwin's run.
We have a LOT of cars "lined up" and everyone is very much thinking positive but very much aware of what's on the weather channel.

Let me say this:
Saturday is pretty much totally hosed for the NJ and NY area.

However, this is a reasonably fast-moving low-pressure area and - thus -- **** I predict that it will have moved AWAY and OFF the NY state area long before Sunday morning ****. I frankly, at this stage, predict that "Arrwin's Run", for Sunday morning and for the rest of Sunday is a "GO" -- although, you, Arrwin, of course, being HMFIC -- have the final say.

I realize I'm putting my A$$ on the line here with this 'positive forecast' -- but that is what all the signs are pointing towards. If I'm wrong, yes, I'll eat crow and will look forward to a 'Spring Run' instead. (But, really, right now, it DOES look like 'Thunderbirds are GO'.)

BTW, coming from Nassau Co./Long Island for Sloatsburg for 8'ish on a Sunday morning (it's 55 miles away from me) is a bit of a stretch - for wifey and me - but we'll do our best. If not -- I reckon I'll see u guyz (n galz) for lunch at the Brauhaus.

Gerry
Old 10-26-2007, 05:48 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Gerry, thanks for your optimistic prediction. At this point everything looks good, however if things change a posting of a rain date will be up by 10 pm Sat night. Looking forward to seeing everyone Sun morning!!!
Old 10-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Leslie 928 S2
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by g_murray
Hi guyz n galz,
I've been keeping a VERY close eye on the weather for the weekend -- cognizant, of course, of Arrwin's run.
We have a LOT of cars "lined up" and everyone is very much thinking positive but very much aware of what's on the weather channel.

Let me say this:
Saturday is pretty much totally hosed for the NJ and NY area.

However, this is a reasonably fast-moving low-pressure area and - thus -- **** I predict that it will have moved AWAY and OFF the NY state area long before Sunday morning ****. I frankly, at this stage, predict that "Arrwin's Run", for Sunday morning and for the rest of Sunday is a "GO" -- although, you, Arrwin, of course, being HMFIC -- have the final say.

I realize I'm putting my A$$ on the line here with this 'positive forecast' -- but that is what all the signs are pointing towards. If I'm wrong, yes, I'll eat crow and will look forward to a 'Spring Run' instead. (But, really, right now, it DOES look like 'Thunderbirds are GO'.)

BTW, coming from Nassau Co./Long Island for Sloatsburg for 8'ish on a Sunday morning (it's 55 miles away from me) is a bit of a stretch - for wifey and me - but we'll do our best. If not -- I reckon I'll see u guyz (n galz) for lunch at the Brauhaus.

Gerry
Ok, somebody poke a stick in this guy's eye.

Dude, are you trying to jinx us???? I suppose next you'll run outside and start washing and waxing your car??

Hope you're right!!
Old 10-26-2007, 06:09 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,167 Posts

Originally Posted by g_murray

it DOES look like 'Thunderbirds are GO'.)

Gerry
F A B
Old 10-26-2007, 08:26 PM
Black930
Rennlist Member

arrwin as of now its myself plus 3 for lunch. will let you know if that # changes.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,368 Likes on 792 Posts

hopefully the roads won't still be wet.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:50 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 504 Likes on 186 Posts

Hey Arrwin, I posted this earlier I'm in + 1 more car and two more people for lunch. Thanks!
Old 10-26-2007, 10:02 PM
993 Guy
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Looking forward to seeing everyone there...in addition, I'll also have a friend in a 997S Cab along for the ride.

Won't be able to stick around for lunch though...
Old 10-26-2007, 10:23 PM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Hey Leslie,
How about ...if I'm wrong you get to poke me in the eye -- and if I'm not -- I get a free calendar.
G.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:23 AM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh Boy....getting pounded by the rain right now Sat. a.m....glad the run is not today. Clear skies...Clear skies....Clear skies......

J

Quick Reply: Save the Date: Tri-State NY/NJ Run - Oct. 28th