Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   Save the Date: Tri-State NY/NJ Run - Oct. 28th (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/381549-save-the-date-tri-state-ny-nj-run-oct-28th.html)

Arrwin 09-30-2007 01:30 AM

**Change of Lunch Location!!** - Save the Date: Tri-State NY/NJ Run - Oct. 28th

--Updated Oct. 27th...Change of Lunch Spot!

** ATTENTION: LUNCH SPOT Change **

Since the Brahaus couldn't accomodate our growing number of hungry Rennlisters, please note that the lunch spot has changed! :p The new spot is just a few miles away from the original spot, so no big deal. Bob has found this great BBQ place (Yum!) about 10 miles from the original spot. They will be able to accomodate our appetites and Bob also worked out a flat rate of $20/pp (tips & drinks included). Children should be cheaper.

Here's the new lunch spot info:

Hickory BBQ Smokehouse
743 Route 28
Kingston, NY 12401
(845) 338-2424
http://www.hickoryrestaurant.com

Price: $20/pp (tax, tips, drinks included). Kids should be cheaper.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys & gals,

I apologize for keeping everyone in suspense, but I now have more details for everyone. Our route planner, Bob ("Bob in NY") went on a recon mission this past weekend and explored some nice scenic fun routes. We still have to finalize some details, but we are well on our way to a great time on the 28th. As always, I will continuously be updating this thread with more details as plans are confirmed, so please stay tuned.

MEETING SPOT
Date: Sunday, October 28th
Meeting Time: 7:45am-8:30am
Leaving Time: 8:30am SHARP
Location: Sloatsburg Rest Stop - NY Thruway [Click Here for Satellite Map]
Sloatsburg, NY 10974
(NY Thruway - between 15A (Suffern) & 16 (Woodbury) Toll Barrier)

They have ample covered parking as well as a full rest area with a Starbucks, BK, Dunkin' Donuts, etc.

**Please Note: That this is not the lot we met at during our prior outings at the Palisades Pkwy.

END SPOT
End: Kingston, NY
Distance travelled: 155 miles (from start (Sloatsburg) to finish (New Paltz area)
Time: Approx 4 hrs. (according to Google, but probably a little less)

AREAS OF INTEREST
In case you guys are interested, some areas of interests we will be heading to is: Hawks Nest, White Lake, Port Jervis, Rondaunt Reservoir, Ashokan Reservoir.

WE GOTTA EAT (but of course...)
We are looking to eat at Mountain Brauhaus (where some of us ended up making a little pitstop during the Spring Run).
Lunch Spot: Hickory BBQ Smokehouse
Address: 743 Route 28, Kingston, NY 12401
Phone: (845) 338-2424
Link for More Info: Hickory BBQ Smokehouse Website

Additional tidbit.....

NOT A RACE
We are all responsible mature adults. We have NEVER had any incidents and we do not ever plan to. This is NOT a race and anyone thinking so should just sleep in this Sunday. I understand everyone's comfortable levels are at different speeds, so as I always reiterate go at your own pace. Directions and phone numbers will be given out that morning, so don't worry if you lose sight of the car you were following.

GROUPS
Also, since we have over 40+ cars, unlike the last few runs, we will break everyone into groups of 5-7 cars with staggered starts. This will make it much more managable and fun. We will also designate two stops along the way to reconvene and corral the group.

Hope this clears things up and lets hope for good weather on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

WEATHER - RAIN DATE
This Sunday's weather looks promising so far, but you never know nowadays. We will keep an eye out on the weather the next few days and will make the call whether the event will be cancelled Saturday night @ 10:00 PM. If it does rain, a raindate will be TBD.

Thanks guys.

Please let me know whether you'd be joining us so that I can make the appropriate accomodations. Thanks.

........please stay tuned as more details to follow. Thanks! :bigbye:

Quadcammer 09-30-2007 11:16 AM

If I don't have midterms that week, I should be there.

tjangi 09-30-2007 01:26 PM

i will keep that date open ... my first outing and can't wait to meet fellow RL's in the tri state area :jumper:

ilko 09-30-2007 08:56 PM

Werd :thumbup:

g_murray 10-01-2007 10:20 AM

Count me in!

Gerry

993 Guy 10-01-2007 01:00 PM

It's on the calender Arrwin.

Looking forward to it!

cobalt 10-01-2007 02:03 PM

Can't wait. the turbo needs some leg stretching.

Arrwin 10-01-2007 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by cobalt (Post 4628501)

Jeez...you are fast (3.6 fast that is ;)).

ppashley 10-01-2007 02:45 PM

Hey Arrwin - If I'm in town, I'm up for it!

hatchback 10-01-2007 03:57 PM

Where and when are you planning to start the drive?

Arrwin 10-01-2007 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by hatchback (Post 4628976)
Where and when are you planning to start the drive?

Start/End is still tentative, but our last few runs started at the Rest Area near Exit 5 on the Palisades Pkwy. Good chance we will meet there again.

Will update soon. Thanks.

McQueen993 10-01-2007 04:21 PM

Looks good to me!

IamSMC 10-01-2007 09:12 PM

I'm in and so is my buddy

and my bro-in-law.

Plus maybe a Viper.

davesnothere 10-02-2007 03:37 PM

I'm in! :thumbup:

- Dave

Frank 993 C4S 10-02-2007 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by cobalt (Post 4628501)

+1 = two blue turbos. Count me in.