Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 Price Tracking Thread - Please only post data for cars you have purchased or sold

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 12:56 AM
David A
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

purchase price: $30000 + tax
purchase date: 26th Apr 13
mileage: 87000
state or country where purchased: Monterey, California.
Model year: 1995
C2 or C4: C2
Coupe, targa or cab: Coupe
color: Polar Silver
tip or manual: Manual
NA or turbo: NA
aftermarket accessories that came with the car: None
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 8
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 7
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 6
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 7
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? Dealer
How many previous owners?: 3
Accident history: yes/no?? No
Please list any factory installed options: 17" wheels, power seats L&R
Please list any modifications: PSS9 Coilovers

Purchased from: http://www.mohrimports.com/view_inve...php?make_id=16
Old 05-03-2013, 05:15 AM
RichPugh
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

purchase price: $29,850 USD
purchase date: 4/16/2012
mileage: 100,450
state or country where purchased: New York (near Albany)
Model year: 1996
C2 or C4: C4
color: Iris Blue
tip or manual: Manual 6 speed
aftermarket accessories that came with the car: None
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 2... It has all the dealer maintenance service stamps and such but ZERO repair history paperwork... could be worse LOL)
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 7... It is tight, well fit and clean but does show some wear on drivers seat, shift **** and parking brake handle from over 100k of driving. Leather dash is receding from edge, some scuffs on drivers seat from seatbelt, minor scuffs, otherwise it is wonderful.
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 7... Body is straight as an arrow and shows no sign of repair or repainting but does show signs of regular road wear from over 100k worth of driving. Front bumper and hood stone chips are small but plentiful, rear flare stone guards are pretty well worn, below rear glass on drivers side has small rust area in the seal jam which will be repaired shortly. Paint polished out well. All rubber and trim is in top condition. Door jams nearly pristine except for some scratch in drivers side (possibly from seat R&R?).
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 9... PPI showed no real mechanical issues at all. Rear wing sometimes doesnt retract at stop but does operated with switch manually fine, lower valve covers show some seepage, overall this is a very mechanically fit car. Front hood shocks are bad... must hold up with back of head
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer?: Small Independent Dealer (no other Porsches on lot)
How many previous owners?: 1. I am the 2nd owner.
Accident history: yes/no??: No.
Please list any factory installed options:
09991 - manufacture from the exclusive-programme
139 - Seat Heating - Left
329 - Radio - ? (lol...)
340 - Seat heating - Right
373 - Left Sport Seat w/ Power Height Adjuster
374 - Right Sport Seat w/ Power Height Adjuster
425 - Rear wiper
454 - Automatic speed control (cruise control? It does have CC)
650 - Sunroof
659 - Onboard computer
C02 - Equipped with catalytic converter
X89 - Painted Porsche Crest Rim Caps
XD9 - Wheels Painted to match vehicle's color
Please list any modifications: None.
What other information if anywould you like to include? Windshield looks to have been replaced within the last few years.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:27 PM
NYC993
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

purchase price: $48,000 + tax USD
purchase date: 27th Apr 2013
mileage: 67,050
state or country where purchased: New Jersey
Model year: 1998
C2 or C4: C4S (with big reds and turbo bumper)
color: Silver
aftermarket accessories that came with the car: Alpine sound system (head unit and speakers)
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 5 - I got to talk to the owner of the car, which gave a lot of confidence. There was only a book with maintenance stamps.
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 7 - not bad for 15 year old car
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 7 - a few chips, swirl marks from certain angles, the bumper has a lot of chips, but hey it's 15 years old.
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 10 (leakdown and compression test were outstanding (0-2% and 205-210psi)
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? Dealer
How many previous owners?: 2, last owner had the car for 13 years and never intended to sell it if not for 993TT.
Please list any factory installed options: power driver seat, sunroof
Please list any modifications: H&R Coilovers, professionally painted rims, tinted windows, Alpine stereo and speakers, Litronic retrofit ($1k option), painted split grill (from C2S).

Purchased from: Schneider-Nelson Porsche
Old 05-08-2013, 12:51 AM
Ridingisliving
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

purchase price (in USD please) -$30,000.
purchase date- 5/1/13
mileage -59,900
state or country where purchased - CA
Model year - 1996
C2 or C4
Coupe, targa or cab- C2 Cab
color- Polar Silver
tip or manual - Manual
NA or turbo
aftermarket accessories that came with the car - tequipment cover, Bra
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest) - 3 -true barn find, unfortunately most of the receipts have been lost
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) 8 after a vacuum and a little leather cleaner the interior is fantastic. Light wear on drivers seat but overall very nice.
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest)- 7 unfortunately because of it being in a barn since 06 the exterior has some nicks and a small crease in the bumper, there has been some paint work to it in the past but the car shows well. Two small holes in top that have been repaired but a new top is in order before the end of the year.
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest)[/I] -10. The PO had the engine rebuilt to the tune of almost 17 grand approximately 3 years ago(less than 3000 miles) which included a new racing clutch - the car passed smog as if "as new". I was able to track down the mechanic who did the work who remembered the car and found and was able to fax me the work order and went through in detail over the phone what he did to it.
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer?-private
How many previous owners? 3
Accident history: yes/no?? None on carfax, door was opened too wide and not fixed up to standards- Body is straight.
Please list any factory installed options - car was a special order with a full leather interior (and I mean leather everywhere) leather Dash upper and lower transmission tunnel, The door handles, speakers (hi-fi with cd changer)were trimmed in leather, leather boot(which is no longer with the car)Leather visors with unique passenger light, carbon fiber handbrake, carbon fibre shifter, aluminum dials and door sills, comfort seats left and right with lumbar support on drivers side and 18 inch turbo twist wheels(dunlops show little wear)
Please list any modifications[/ - Dansk Exhaust
Old 05-15-2013, 12:32 AM
jg291446
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Please don't laugh! I bought this car at a really low price but it had been accidented and there are a couple of things to do on the car. But at that price, my dream came true. I wanted a 993 or 964 since I was very young and now I can enjoy driving this wonderful car!

purchase price (in USD please) - $14,000
purchase date - 5/2013
mileage - 127,000
state or country where purchased - Quebec, Canada
Model year - 1995
C2 or C4 - C2
Coupe, targa or cab - Cabriolet
color - White with tan interior
tip or manual - Tiptronic
NA or turbo - NA
aftermarket accessories that came with the car - na
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest) - 2
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) - 7 (Interior is good but the seats are in a very poor condition, the speaker grill is broken (60$) and there are 2 caps missing to hide the cabriolet bolt (4$ each).
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) - 6 Windshield needs to be replaced (950$), little rust near windshield and on the hood and scratches on driver side door. But I'll repaint the car since I bought side rockers, front splitters and Aerokit wing.
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest) - 7 Need to do a complete tune up (close to $2k), replace fan shroud ($70) and repair blower fan that won't stop running. BTW, I replaced the sensor, relay and resistor and it did not correct the problem.
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? - Private Party
How many previous owners? - 3
Accident history: yes/no?? -Yes, that's why I paid so low. It's a rebuilt vehicule. But the accident was in the front and not so bad according to pictures.
Please list any factory installed options - unknown for now.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:24 AM
overrestored
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BradtheAg
Alright let's see if I can win best first post ever in the history of message boards.

993 Pricing Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0E&usp=sharing

I ran through this quickly, so I only captured the details I considered most important. Most are self-explanatory. For "Overall Score" I just eyeballed the four scores given and came up with a rough estimate average. Also I failed to distinguish between the reds, did not realize until it was too late that there were two different ones (I just started shopping for a 993 about 2 days ago, rookie mistake).

I am a Google Docs beginner so its not very pretty or functional but you can copy it out to Excel and manipulate it as you wish.
I like it! If I were better at spreadsheets I'd separate out the c2, c4, C2S, C4S,turbo... and then build graphs for each.

Thanks for the work!
Old 05-31-2013, 03:50 PM
Mr.Woolery
Burning Brakes

Received 140 Likes on 74 Posts

purchase price: $27,000
purchase date: 18 May 2013
mileage: 101,000
state or country where purchased: CA
C2 or C4: C2
color: Arena Red
aftermarket accessories that came with the car: Sound system, DPE wheels
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 7
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 8
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 7
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? Private party
How many previous owners?: 3
Please list any modifications: DPE forged wheels, exhaust, sound system
Old 06-27-2013, 02:40 PM
Monkey Brain
Advanced

Can someone provide a real world estimate for this? Seems that all of the price charts I've seen are lacking purchases in 2013. Can't get a good value estimate.

purchase price: N/A
purchase date: N/A
mileage: 43,000
state or country where purchased: AZ
C2 or C4: C4S
color: Midnight Blue
aftermarket accessories that came with the car: Sound system, Turbo wheels
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 8
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 9
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 9 - top end rebuilt within the last year
How many previous owners?: 2
Please list any modifications: 993 Turbo wheels. Fabspeed cat
Old 06-27-2013, 03:52 PM
c4consult
Racer

Van 1,
No matter how many times I see your lawn equipment list,
It gives me a laugh.
Thank you.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:28 PM
JonSnow83
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Monkey Brain
Can someone provide a real world estimate for this? Seems that all of the price charts I've seen are lacking purchases in 2013. Can't get a good value estimate.

purchase price: N/A
purchase date: N/A
mileage: 43,000
state or country where purchased: AZ
C2 or C4: C4S
color: Midnight Blue
aftermarket accessories that came with the car: Sound system, Turbo wheels
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 9
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 9 - top end rebuilt within the last year
How many previous owners?: 2
Please list any modifications: 993 Turbo wheels. Fabspeed cat
Anywhere from $48,000-$65,000 depending on seller. Private sales being closer to the $50K mark, dealers asking MUCH higher. Actual value is pretty hard to determine when things are so spread out.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:06 AM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 993LaJolla
Hello, I just put a deposit down at a dealer for a '96 993 C2 with 27,000 miles. It's Black with tan interior and appears to be in great shape. Car was serviced at the same dealership for many years. They are asking for $46,900. Kelly Blue Book says $44,500 from a dealer is a fair price but $41,000 is a fair price from a private party. Any suggestions on how much I should barter the price down? I don't plan to let this one go. Hope to provide more info in the coming days.
Depends on the patience of the seller. If the car is in flawless condition with those miles, it could easily fetch asking price.

Anyhow, did you buy it?
Old 07-19-2013, 12:36 AM
993LaJolla
3rd Gear

arr0gant, I did buy it. Was able to barter the price down because the a/c was inoperable. I'm in Southern California, on the coast, where the weather is dry so I'm in no hurry to get it fixed. Otherwise, the car is in superb condition. The car is a dream :-)
Old 07-20-2013, 09:29 PM
AllMine
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My 95 Cab

purchase price (in USD please). 16,300 + TTT
purchase date july 2013
mileage 98K
state or country where purchased Florida
Model year. 1995
C2 or C4. C2
Coupe, targa or cab. Cab
color. Dark blue
tip or manual. Manual
NA or turbo. NA
aftermarket accessories that came with the car CD shuttle
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest). 2
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest). 5
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest). 5
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest). 7
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? Dealer wholesale
How many previous owners? 3
Please list any factory installed options 17" wheels Comfort seats
Please list any modifications none
Old 07-28-2013, 01:16 PM
Gmund48
Advanced

Default Need PPI in the bay area near Emeryville/Oakland California

Prefer an independent that knows 993s

356fan@gmail.com
Old 07-28-2013, 02:00 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 609 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by Gmund48
Prefer an independent that knows 993s

356fan@gmail.com
Bauer Porsche Repair or Hollaran's Perfromance seem to get good comments.

Quick Reply: 993 Price Tracking Thread - Please only post data for cars you have purchased or sold