Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 Price Tracking Thread - Please only post data for cars you have purchased or sold

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 04:06 PM
FabianS
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

purchase date: Late October 2012.
mileage: 146,000 kms (90,000 miles).
state or country where purchased: Canada- shipped from Manitoba to Alberta.
Model year: 1995.
C2 or C4:C4
Coupe, targa or cab: Coupe.
color: Guards red.
tip or manual: Manual.
NA or turbo: NA
aftermarket accessories that came with the car: Fabspeed exhaust, chip and cup air intake, Bilstein HD's with H&R springs, $2600 worth of professionally installed stereo equipment, Short shifter, tinted windows.
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest) 10
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) 8
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) 7.5
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest) 9, PPI backs this up.
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? : Private
How many previous owners? 2
Accident history: yes/no?? No
Please list any factory installed options: HiFi stereo with CD changer, sunroof, rear wiper.
Please list any modifications: None by me. See above.

Car came with extensive records from both previous owners (signed/ stamped book, and binder full of records and reciepts for everything done), as well as the spare tire, tools, tire pump, and all factory manuals.

Has small amount of rust at front passenger window, and rear window, as well as some rock chips on front bumper. This will be repaired and painted this Spring, and the car will look very nice indeed Hopefully make it an 8 to 8.5 exterior.

Last edited by FabianS; 04-03-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:35 PM
Chris V
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

purchase price (in USD please): $35,000 + shipping to California
purchase date: Feb 2013
mileage: 53,000
state or country where purchased: Texas
Model year: 1997
C2 or C4: C2
Coupe, targa or cab: Targa
color: black/black
tip or manual: manual
aftermarket accessories that came with the car: none
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 3
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 8
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 7
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 8
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? PP
How many previous owners? 2, both in Dallas area
Accident history: yes/no?? none per carfax and PPI
Please list any factory installed options: colored crest wheel centers, single CD, 8-way power driver/passenger seats, hifi sound, infrared security system (520), motor sound, aluminum/carbon shifter and e-brake (X47/X58)
Please list any modifications: tinted windows, otherwise bone stock

Only had service records for past 5k miles, no owners manual, could use a set of tires because of tire age more than wear, exterior has scratches/front bumper rash but a good polish and wax made a huge improvement, some of the targa headliner trim needs to be glued back in place, couple of small plastic interior tim pieces missing, engine and trans in good shape, PPI leakdown was 6% avg., no oil drips, PPI tech mentioned he may have heard a very slight throw out bearing noise but honestly when the top is open and the RPM's climb over 3k I can't tell! It's a weekend car anyway so maybe a clutch in a couple of years. I'll add it to the list of tires, M033/FSD, bushings, and all the other stuff I don't really need but will buy anyway. Oh what fun it is to ride.......
Old 03-16-2013, 01:14 PM
kg4nih
Intermediate

purchase price (in USD please): $42,000
purchase date: Nov 2012
mileage: 19,600
state or country where purchased: Nevada
Model year: 1997
Coupe, targa or cab: Coupe
color: guards red/gray partial leather
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 9
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 9.8
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 9.8
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 10
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? Private Party
How many previous owners? 3
Accident history: yes/no? no
Please list any factory installed options: Very lightly optioned when purchased - Porsche Floor Mats (M6G), 17" Cup Design Wheels (398), Porsche Crest Rim Caps (445)
Please list any modifications: post delivery from factory - radio was upgraded from AM/FM/Cassette Tape to Porsche AM/FM/Single CD and standard air box cover was replaced with a Porsche motor sound air box cover.

History: Imported thru Champion Porsche, FL; sold & serviced by Beverly Hills Porsche; original invoice (w/ destination charge) $66,235. A SoCal (LA) car for most of it's life. The first owner kept the car for 6 yrs.; the second owner kept the car for 9 yrs.; the third owner drove the car from LA to LV and kept the car for about 8 months (and less than 500 miles). Car had a complete service, wheels refinished and new tires in Mar 12 when third owner purchased it.

The ratings: 9 for missing some service records. 9.8 for interior and exterior; both near perfect. 10 for mechanical. Very experienced mechanic that did the PPI said the car was for all intents "as new." Came complete with all manuals, keys, key fobs, new owners video, tools ...
Old 03-19-2013, 12:50 AM
993LaJolla
3rd Gear

Hello, I just put a deposit down at a dealer for a '96 993 C2 with 27,000 miles. It's Black with tan interior and appears to be in great shape. Car was serviced at the same dealership for many years. They are asking for $46,900. Kelly Blue Book says $44,500 from a dealer is a fair price but $41,000 is a fair price from a private party. Any suggestions on how much I should barter the price down? I don't plan to let this one go. Hope to provide more info in the coming days.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:57 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 680 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by 993LaJolla
Kelly Blue Book says $44,500 from a dealer is a fair price but $41,000 is a fair price from a private party.
What does a dealer have to offer making the same car worth $3500 more? The only cars I buy at a dealer is a new car.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:37 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,034 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by IXLR8
What does a dealer have to offer making the same car worth $3500 more? The only cars I buy at a dealer is a new car.
Well one thing the dealer has is the car. Low mile cars don't grow on trees these days.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:08 PM
993LaJolla
3rd Gear

purchase price (in USD please): $41,000
purchase date: Mar 2013
mileage: 27,000
state or country where purchased: California
Model year: 1996
color: black/black
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 9
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 10
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 9.5
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 8 (because AC inoperable)
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? Dealer
How many previous owners? 2, California
Accident history: yes/no?? none per carfax and PPI
Please list any factory installed options: Interior Color LC Cashmere. 398: 17” Cup design rims. P01: comfort package. Z69 deviating carpet.
Please list any modifications: None
A/C does not work and there are a couple of nickel and dime discrepancies to include the engine lid cover struts not holding and a broken sunroof wind deflector hinge. I got a lower price and I plan to get these items fixed at home and the AC repaired at an independent shop. Overall, Mechanically and aesthetically this is a great car. I’m sure I paid a premium for the low miles but I am thrilled to own this low mileage 993. My dilemma now – use it as a daily driver and enjoy it, or use it sparingly and keep it low miles??
Old 03-24-2013, 01:37 PM
dc88
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm considering getting a late model 993 coupe. I found one that looks quite nice and all stock BUT Tiptronic.

Is the price on TIPs much lower? Will it be hard to sell later?

Thx
Old 03-24-2013, 05:16 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 609 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by dc88
Is the price on TIPs much lower? Will it be hard to sell later?
Yes and yes there is a smaller market for a Tip than a Man.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:18 PM
BradtheAg
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Alright let's see if I can win best first post ever in the history of message boards.

993 Pricing Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0E&usp=sharing

I ran through this quickly, so I only captured the details I considered most important. Most are self-explanatory. For "Overall Score" I just eyeballed the four scores given and came up with a rough estimate average. Also I failed to distinguish between the reds, did not realize until it was too late that there were two different ones (I just started shopping for a 993 about 2 days ago, rookie mistake).

I am a Google Docs beginner so its not very pretty or functional but you can copy it out to Excel and manipulate it as you wish.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:51 PM
blacksparrow
Instructor

Thumbs up 1995.5

One more to add to the mix, sorry I missed the spreadsheet… Happy Easter!

Purchase price (in USD please): $35,500 (+dir., tax, lic and delivery)

Purchase date: March 2013

Mileage: 62,000

State or country where purchased: Florida, USA

Model year: 1995.5 (no basket handle)

Color: Black on Black

Tip or manual: Manual

Any aftermarket accessories that came with the car: CD player and speakers, to be replaced asap.

Did the vehicle come with tool kit: Yes

Did the vehicle come with tire inflator kit: No (lame)

Your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 3 -most recent dealer work and a few receipts from the last owner.

Your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 9 - very clean, one point off for the nasty aftermarket speakers that I will have to replace and some general wear. Steering wheel may have been replaced, very clean. Seats do not show typical wear on side bolsters or in seat bottom. Floor mats over original carpet, all in tact.

Your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 7 - bodywork very good, few minor issues; but paint rashed/rock chipped on bumper, hood, mirrors and swirls. With a good detail, she should start to stand up.

Your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 9 - Extensive dealer work documented elsewhere here. PPI was solid, no previous accidents or mechanical issues known when purchased; that said just discovered 3rd brake light out… minor, but grrrrr.

Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? Dealer (Brumos)

How many previous owners? 3, all in Florida, the car serviced mainly at same dealer, Brumos. Car is now in California.

Accident history: yes/no?? None per dealer, Carfax and PPI

Please list any factory installed options:
220 Locking Differential (LSD working, confirmed by physical inspection)
224 Active Brake Differential
331 AM/FM Cassette w/ 2 door speakers
398 Left outside mirror – electric
398 17” 5-spoke Wheels (P205/50ZR17 front, P225/40ZR17 rear)
437 Comfort seat left
438 Comfort seat right
445 Wheel rim caps with Porsche crest
454 Automatic speed control
650 Sunroof

Please list any modifications: None... yet!

Other details: Car was extensively gone thru at Brumos Porsche where I purchased it from. Complete engine reseal warranted by Porsche NA for 2 years. Included in this, new exhaust valve guides and drilled out SAI ports. New Plugs, wires and rotors, oil change and filters. New Clutch. New brake pads. New Yokohama Tires all the way around.

I may have paid a bit too much considering the paint condition and that I had to have it shipped to CA from Florida, but mechanically I felt it was in good shape with all the dealer work done and it had lower miles and the recent service, which put it above the many others I had considered, in a similar range. Also, I wanted a specific year (95.5) and color combo (Blk/Blk) and was willing to pay small premium for this as well.

Attached Images  

Last edited by blacksparrow; 04-09-2013 at 07:30 PM. Reason: add purchase date
Old 04-03-2013, 02:27 PM
BradtheAg
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

When did you buy it?
Old 04-09-2013, 07:31 PM
blacksparrow
Instructor

Originally Posted by BradtheAg
When did you buy it?
Thanks, March 2013... I edited post.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:53 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BradtheAg
Alright let's see if I can win best first post ever in the history of message boards.

993 Pricing Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0E&usp=sharing

I ran through this quickly, so I only captured the details I considered most important. Most are self-explanatory. For "Overall Score" I just eyeballed the four scores given and came up with a rough estimate average. Also I failed to distinguish between the reds, did not realize until it was too late that there were two different ones (I just started shopping for a 993 about 2 days ago, rookie mistake).

I am a Google Docs beginner so its not very pretty or functional but you can copy it out to Excel and manipulate it as you wish.
Much better way to track this information than in this thread.

Thanks.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:59 PM
gmorat
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 89 Posts

purchase price (in USD please): $37,500
purchase date: April 2013
mileage: 42,000
state or country where purchased: CA
Model year: 1996
color: Polar Silver/black
aftermarket accessories that came with the car: None
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 10
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 9.5
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 9
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 9
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? Private
How many previous owners?: 1
Accident history: yes/no?? Yes. A pedestrian ran in front of the car at relatively low speed(15mph). Hood and windshield were replaced. Airbags did deploy.
Please list any factory installed options: 17" wheels, power seats L&R, LSD.
Please list any modifications: None

One owner car is great condition.

Last edited by gmorat; 05-03-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Quick Reply: 993 Price Tracking Thread - Please only post data for cars you have purchased or sold