Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A wealth of Networking and Contacts at our finger tips.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010 | 10:50 AM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matt Lane
Ok, I'll bite.

I am a professional, ambidextrous prawn picker and (past) regional oyster and scallop shucking champion. When my ice-numbed digits permit it, I play a mean Stratocaster through a number of old Fenders, Hiwatts and Marshalls. And, yes, I do it Who-style.

PS -Mike, nice King of Tone. Very nice.
Well, your choice of amps is good, though your guitar preference lacks a bit. Did I miss Analog Mike here somewhere? My Analog Man TS is one of my fave drive pedals.
Old 03-15-2010 | 12:13 PM
Sean Hamilton
Instructor

Originally Posted by Matt Lane
.............When my ice-numbed digits permit it, I play a mean Stratocaster through a number of old Fenders, Hiwatts and Marshalls. And, yes, I do it Who-style.............

yeah, hammer on Matt.

Sailing my yacht, if my rope burned mittens permit a decent grip of the chrome Lap Dawg I play a Jim Dyson lap steel with a unique tuning thru a BOSS Digital delay pedal then warped via a Behringer V-Amp 2 set to tube, rectified hi gain with plenty of crunch and listened loud thru Sennheiser digital concert wireless head phones ...."Floyd" style....?? hmm well, Gilmour would probably tear down "the wall" n' throw the bricks at me !! So for a living I quietly dabble in Architectural building design.
Old 03-15-2010 | 11:16 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Reddy Kilowatt
Well, your choice of amps is good, though your guitar preference lacks a bit. Did I miss Analog Mike here somewhere? My Analog Man TS is one of my fave drive pedals.
Originally Posted by Sean Hamilton

yeah, hammer on Matt.

Sailing my yacht, if my rope burned mittens permit a decent grip of the chrome Lap Dawg I play a Jim Dyson lap steel with a unique tuning thru a BOSS Digital delay pedal then warped via a Behringer V-Amp 2 set to tube, rectified hi gain with plenty of crunch and listened loud thru Sennheiser digital concert wireless head phones ...."Floyd" style....?? hmm well, Gilmour would probably tear down "the wall" n' throw the bricks at me !! So for a living I quietly dabble in Architectural building design.
Good stuff guys! Felt the need for a little levity in this thread, glad you appreciated it. Yeah, AnalogMike (Mike Piera) hangs out on the Racing and DE forum. Nice life playing with guitars, vintage 911's and cup cars!

Best,

Matt
Old 03-16-2010 | 03:21 PM
aadrew10
Instructor

I am a CNC machinist, I make parts for research, cars, telescopes, etc.. I've made lots of tools for my SC. Let me know if you need something made!
Old 03-17-2010 | 04:01 AM
Thatcher
Rennlist Member

I am an independent distributor of 3 piece modular wheel parts (Kinesis, Fikse, HRE, etc) for people who don't want to send their wheels to the manufacturer and want to replace the parts themselves. Located in Seattle.

Looking for the right opportunity in Marketing or Sales that will allow me to re-locate to San Francisco, Santa Barbara, or LA.. and scale back on the wheel parts distribution. Background in marketing & sales, BA from Dickinson College in PA.

-Thatcher

Last edited by Thatcher; 03-17-2010 at 05:46 AM.
Old 03-17-2010 | 05:45 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Originally Posted by aadrew10
I am a CNC machinist, I make parts for research, cars, telescopes, etc.. I've made lots of tools for my SC. Let me know if you need something made!
you may have opened a can of worms here...

welcome
Old 03-20-2010 | 09:57 PM
ard
Burning Brakes

I am a thrilled to be part of RL. In real life I am a quantitative equity portfolio manager holding a CFA with over 12 years experience in all aspects of managing small-cap portfolios and multi-dimensional investment processes and building and leading global teams of professionals. In my previous life I was a hardware engineer on the original Pentium team at Intel and the UltraSPARC team at Sun Micro.

I am currently in a job search blending my finance and technology skills, so please do look me up on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/alexanderdalal

TIA

Last edited by ard; 03-20-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old 03-23-2010 | 09:55 AM
Alos
Instructor

I live in Lowell MA and am a Bioinformatician
Old 03-23-2010 | 11:49 AM
nina007
1st Gear

I have been publishing a national men's magazine for the past 11 years and operating a limousine service for the past 8 years.
www.umm.ca
www.ottawalimousine.com
Old 08-17-2010 | 12:57 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nina007
I have been publishing a national men's magazine for the past 11 years and operating a limousine service for the past 8 years.
www.umm.ca
www.ottawalimousine.com
I've seen the magazine...kewl job! Lot of eyecandy...lol
Old 08-17-2010 | 02:29 AM
Damien Lewis
Rennlist Member

Great Thread!

I am in the Media Business. Advertising specifically...we are a Boutique Multi-Media Marketing Agency based out of Los Angeles with offices in LA and New York. We handle a variety of clients, large and small and help them develop comprehensive marketing campaigns designed to reach their target audiences efficiently and with great frequency. We have the distinction of being able to offer our clients an additional 10% of media value in the same medium or alternate medium when placing advertising buys with us. No other agency is able to truly offer such a compelling program.

We handle all mediums...however I have a deep love of Radio as I started my career in Radio in Los Angeles over 15 years ago.

If you ever have a need for Marketing your business or would like some advice, feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to lend an ear.

Sincerely,

Damien Lewis
Old 08-17-2010 | 09:24 AM
TRM
Pro

I'm an ME from Penn State, currently pursuing an MBA. I have almost 18 years of medical device and pharmaceutical industry experience. I'm a technology manager by title and work for Pfizer and manage their anti-counterfeit platforms and strategies.
Old 08-17-2010 | 09:49 AM
bobesser
Pro

I will update my entry:

Bob Esser
Currently a Senior Program Analyst at ManTech International working on high power laser systems. I work in the intersection of program management and technology. Most of my experience has been with the DoD and I spent 8 years as a reserve Navy Officer. Prior to ManTech, I was Director of Operations at a small electronics reliability and failure analysis laboratory. Prior to that, I was a manufacturability and producibility consultant.

In my spare time (and since last month), I am the assistant editor of der Vorganger, the local PCA magazine.

Bob
Old 08-17-2010 | 10:09 AM
spts
Advanced

I'm a CEO of Web Marketing Technology firm located in the DC area. We currently help the small to medium sized companies develop an online marketing strategy (SEO, Social Media, Online Advertising, and Analytics) and execute it by creating the necessary technology online or on mobile platforms. The industries we have serviced have been in Automotive, IT, Commercial Property Management, Finance, Health care, and of course Government/Non Profits.

Here's a link to our website that explains it all: www.boostlabs.com

Ali
Old 08-17-2010 | 11:23 AM
twingt30s
Instructor

im a autobody painter located in south jersey been doing this for the last 8 years now and painting full time for the last 5.
Im just starting to do more stuff on the side and slowly working my way to being self employed

Quick Reply: A wealth of Networking and Contacts at our finger tips.