Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A wealth of Networking and Contacts at our finger tips.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 11:56 AM
jerbroo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me next. I'm a business owner, inventor, software developer, entrepreneur, marketer, SEM expert.

If anyone is looking for more leads and sales, hit us up! www.ideagility.com

By far my favorite biz project is. http://www.primochalk.com ...low tech - I love it

Regards,
Jeremy
Old 01-10-2014, 01:17 PM
ehanauer
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm a writer/photographer/videographer specializing in underwater. www.ehanauer.com
Old 01-10-2014, 01:31 PM
jerbroo
Instructor

That's beautiful work Eric!
Old 01-10-2014, 01:44 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 995 Likes on 647 Posts

I think this is a fantastic idea. At some point, it might be advantageous to have a list/chart of the professions and who the individuals are - as opposed to combing through this thread to try to find a person you remember seeing. Just a thought.

I am a partner at Achievement Tec, in Dallas, and I'm in charge of Business Development, Sales and Marketing. We are an HR solution company that offers 'Job-fit' personality assessments, applicant tracking systems, and background and drug services. We help companies hire the best potential applicant they can by assessing their skills and background before they are hired and not after.

I offer our most widely used assessment, The Achiever, to prospects for free to see just how accurate our instrument is. I would be happy to extend that offer to any business owner or hiring manager here on this site.

Our website is: www.personalitytesting.com

A little personal information; Long time enthusiast, many years spent with the BMW CCA, 2 years as President of the National Capitol Chapter in the DC area, previous SCCA racer in ITS, driving instructor for various clubs and BSR (at Summit Point), NCC autox instructor and now back into Porsches and a PCA member.

Thanks.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:50 PM
vincer77
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

How did I miss this thread before?

I am a mechanical engineer and work with a company called Burns Stainless LLC specializing in exhaust components for the motorsports industry. www.burnsstainless.com
Old 01-10-2014, 07:29 PM
1st State 993
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ehanauer
I'm a writer/photographer/videographer specializing in underwater. www.ehanauer.com
Eric, you have my dream job! I'm an avid diver and underwater photography dilettante.

For my day job I am a pediatric otolaryngologist (ENT surgeon).
Old 01-10-2014, 07:59 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm not sure what to write here. I was involved in the automotive locksmith industry in various aspects as an owner for nearly 15 years. Sold off the local business in 2007 and the nationwide business in 2012. It was a great opportunity for me to be around cars and car dealers for a very long time. I took a year off after the sale from doing anything too serious. I was helping a close friend organize his auto parts importation business as something to keep my mind busy. I am now in the process of launching a similar importation type auto parts distribution company. My focus is on Toyota/ Lexus/ Scion, Nissan/ Infiniti and Kia/ Hyundai crash parts (new OEM parts for crash related use). I suffer from organizational OCD which will hopefully keep the train on the tracks so to speak. Currently 38 and in a relationship for 3.5 years with a girl that is way too sweet for me and residing in the Miami area...
Old 01-10-2014, 08:06 PM
71-3.0-911
Rennlist Member

Received 768 Likes on 517 Posts

I'm an engineer for Lockheed Martin working in the defense industry. Prior military (Navy) and always looking to help out a fellow veteran.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:28 PM
F18drvr
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It's not everyday that you get to toot your own horn...so hold on bro's...

20 year military veteran, 6 as a Squid, 14 as a US Marine. I rode a US Navy ship in sea state 6, after a hurricane blew up the coast of Virginia. Steamed through the Red Sea trolling for mines in the mid 1980's. Special task force in Beruit Lebanon, 1984 when the Embassy Annex was bombed. Back to college, then I was fortunate enough to earn my "Wings of Gold" and become a "tail-hooker", eventually flying F/A-18's in California. I have been supersonic at 500 feet above the desert floor, and 50,000+ feet over the pacific ocean. I have made the sun rise after it had set, as well as the moon rise after it had set. I have flown through the Grand Canyon in my F/A-18, legally, and through "Star Wars Canyon", under the radar. I flew at night, on night vision goggles, shooting live ordnance to include 20mm rounds through the M61 Vulcan gatling gun, dropping 2000 pound high explosive ordnance, shooting Aim-9M sidewinder missiles and other various air to air weapons. I have dropped 6 canisters of Napalm, and 6 Rockeye pods before they became "outdated" by our current weapons inventory of GPS weapons.
Never in harm's way though...when the war started I was toward the end of my military career and posturing to retire. My last job was as a flight instructor in Miramar California.

Now, I fly 757's for FEDEX and continue to live the dream in SoCal.

Now, my biggest kick is driving my car, with other guys who like to drive theirs....and trying to stay ahead of my 20 year old son's times at AX!!

Attached Images   
Old 01-10-2014, 09:49 PM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

holy crap........uhhh.........who wants to go next.....??

thank you for your service....people like you are awesome....
Old 01-10-2014, 09:51 PM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by therossinator
I'm a US Naval Officer. If you need the US to be protected on the sea or in the air I'm your man.
we definitely do.....so thank you....
Old 01-10-2014, 11:31 PM
993KT
Racer

We have a winner!
Old 01-11-2014, 09:35 AM
wtmmm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great thread in a great community.

I have so much appreciation for the service men and the first responders in this thread. It may seem like a worn saying to some but I do believe "freedom isn't free." It is so easy to forget that when we get all wrapped up in our "first world problems" like 964 vs. 993 or do I want Fister Stage II or Stage III!

Here is my bio:

I'm in my 40s and own a small family business that sells COTS-type equipment to the Federal Government, mostly to the military, so I get the pleasure of visiting a number of domestic bases and depots, which are always interesting to see (think the last scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark).

Previously I worked at some .com start ups in SF. Prior to that I worked in finance with a very large IT company (the inspiration for HAL). I mowed greens and tee boxes in college. I owned/operated my first business in high school selling skateboards (like Rich P!) within a small sporting goods store. We had $3,000 in inventory. After a year, my partner and I were able to turn that into $300! But we had an idea, ran with it and learned a lot for two kids who weren't even old enough to drive at the time. And it all started in middle school when I mowed the lawns of most of the houses on my street.

I would be happy to talk with anyone who is in or wants to enter Government contracting. I'd also be happy to talk surfing or skiing or if anyone wants to hear about how great my two boys are.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:41 PM
chaoscreature
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm 33, Mechanical Engineer with degree from UCSD, with a background mostly in manufacturing engineering.
I am currently working on a underwater acoustic releases to disconnect oil rig mooring lines remotely. Pretty cool devices, they weigh more than a 993 and are rated to hold 1.35 million pounds of tension. They can release via an acoustic signal at distances over a mile under the water.

I dabble in car parts that I can make at home on my small benchtop mill. I also own a full CAD suite so if anyone has any small projects they would like assistance with, I would be glad to help.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:53 PM
F18drvr
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chaoscreature
I'm 33, Mechanical Engineer with degree from UCSD, with a background mostly in manufacturing engineering.
I am currently working on a underwater acoustic releases to disconnect oil rig mooring lines remotely. Pretty cool devices, they weigh more than a 993 and are rated to hold 1.35 million pounds of tension. They can release via an acoustic signal at distances over a mile under the water.

I dabble in car parts that I can make at home on my small benchtop mill. I also own a full CAD suite so if anyone has any small projects they would like assistance with, I would be glad to help.
Dude...tension of 1.35 million pounds!! thats pretty cool to be released remotely...and underwater, acoustically no less

I have a buddy back in Ohio who is an Electrical Engineer, car nut, and has had his company recently purchased by a German Corporation. He is currently being retained by that Company, but he wants to relocate out here in SoCal. Needs a job out here first...Anyone? Anyone? Bueler?

Quick Reply: A wealth of Networking and Contacts at our finger tips.