Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

A wealth of Networking and Contacts at our finger tips.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 12:55 PM
Blue Ocean
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run the national operations of mid-sized IT consultancy headquartered in Dallas, Object Systems Group, Inc www.osgcorp.com

We assist large organizations by providing complete solutions or staff augmentation in architecting, designing, developing and deploying large-scale critical systems. Most of our work is based on J2EE and distributed computing technologies.

We also have a paten pending for the use of technology which we call aggressive simplification that allows us to quickly access disparate data residing in any format, from multiple systems and display it, in real-time graphical format as the data changes. The graphs are usually displayed on executive's desktop or smart phones for strategic decision making.

It's been very interesting having the opportunity to get to know the operations of many Fortune 500 companies and help them become more successful through the proper use of information technology.

If I had it to do all over again.... Not sure. Been doing this kind of work for almost 20 years all the while trying to decide what I want to do when I grow up!
Old 02-01-2007, 01:29 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, seems I am very late to this thread...

First, thanks to all the military guys---enlisted and officers who are rennlisters...I appreciate your service in what I believe is nothing short of the fight for the future of freedom on earth...

Second, I am a Partner at Deloitte Consulting. In my practice area, we focus on helping companies develop strategies to improve marketing and customer management.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:10 PM
wombat7
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chris walrod
Believe me Mark, it isnt all cracked-up to what it appears to be on the outside

Its extreme highs and lows, nothing inbetween. There is only one winner, so its a majority of lows

Finally got around to reading the thread and I'm gonna definitely agree with Chris on this one... When things are good, they are really good, but when they are bad....
Old 02-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Jascha-M
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the most part I am a quintessential Professor / Inventor (Bioengineering and Cardiac Surgery). Perhaps out of ignorance, but I spent the better part of my professional life pursuing and advancing (very slowly) heart replacement therapies (mechanical and biological) -started in rocket engineering so I have no fear of fast moving objects, heights or complex machinery. I still get ‘excited’ fixing my 993 and 911 (3.2L).
Old 02-01-2007, 11:09 PM
faster
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Occupation, F-16 Falcon Crewchief "Civilian" Air National Guard
Hobby, buy and sell classic muscle cars
Proud father of 2 beautiful Daughters and a great Wife
Old 02-02-2007, 12:16 AM
Imracerx
Advanced

Director of sales
Distribution of Professional Salon Products
Old 02-02-2007, 12:42 AM
William K.
AutoX

Ok - me too. I am an Engineering Manager at the Johnson Space Center, develping tools for astronauts. We recently completed am assortment of "just in case" tools to repair the shuttle on orbit prior to a 17,000 mph orbital reinsertion.

I love this site........
Old 02-02-2007, 01:52 AM
curveraider
Racer

Wow, I just power read through 16 pages and you guys rock. I own a small company with manufacturing facilities in the SF Bay Area, Dallas Texas and Guadalajara Mexico; bonus points to anybody who knows what a "probe card" is or does...
Old 02-02-2007, 09:41 AM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by William K.
Ok - me too. I am an Engineering Manager at the Johnson Space Center, develping tools for astronauts. We recently completed am assortment of "just in case" tools to repair the shuttle on orbit prior to a 17,000 mph orbital reinsertion.
Did that kit include a BFH and duct tape?
Old 02-02-2007, 11:34 AM
bb993c4s
Intermediate

I am a franchisee for a QSR (fast food) chain and have several locations in CT. I have begun to dabble in commercial real estate development.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:54 AM
ColoradoMark
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I co-own a commercial real estate brokerage company in northern Colorado. When not managing the other brokers and staff I gravitate towards dealing with investment and industrial properties, but our market is small enough that I cover the full spectrum of commercial real estate.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,371 Likes on 794 Posts

Analyst for the New York Stock Exchange and NYU Stern MBA student
Old 02-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Temple
Addict
Rennlist Member

Another entrepreneurial attorney. Was an associate in a telecommunications law firm back in D.C., helped found an equipment leasing dot com in the Bay area, spent a few years as general counsel for a television station group in Los Angeles and currently operate an incubator for a private licensing and assessment company. Basically enjoy building new businesses.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Jon 'Bama
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

I don't post here very often but I will add to the discussion

Software sales for the fastest growing software company in the world and the #1 vendor of Virtual Infrastructure solutions. I cover OEM business for the East Coast, Canada and Latin America (small territory I know )

and for you software guys, we're hiring pretty much everywhere pm me if you are looking to work 60-80 hours a week

Jon
Old 02-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by curveraider
bonus points to anybody who knows what a "probe card" is or does...
Isn't that a tool for testing semiconductors.

Quick Reply: A wealth of Networking and Contacts at our finger tips.