Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Subwoofer under seat

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 03:42 PM
hidden impact
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i went the bazooka tube route. it's a 6" powered sub (BTA6200).

it may not be for all. it's definitely not "stealth" but at first glance it's not a dead give away of a speaker at all. i've retained the ability to shoehorn kids or my smallish friends in the rear seats. it fits pretty well, with only minimal overlap on the center console. it doesn't flop around, and the straps provided make for a decent little install. routing the wires was a bit of a chore. in the end, i'm pretty happy with how it came out.

i'm not shaking the ground with this system, but the bass fill is just right to complement my 5 1/4 diamond separates in the doors.

Last edited by hidden impact; 11-21-2006 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:16 PM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

After much experimentation, I also went with a powered sub to provide the much needed low frequency punch. I mounted a Sirius sub woofer in the rear set footwell directly behind the drivers seat and can now hear and feel the bass at any speed with RSRs

Here is the link to the Crutchfield site for review http://www.crutchfield.com/S-9ktHgqi...00&I=607SIRPS1
Attached Images   
Old 11-21-2006, 03:30 AM
carrera79
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi,
i did put a clarion 303 under my wife seat (!!!) and put an amplifier under mine.
you'll have to put some parts to raise the seat about 1/2 inch, (and change for appropriate screww with same strongth M8 12.9 ).
i put an axton amplifier under my seat, had to find a good way for the wiring to avoid parasites, put a pioneer DEH P88 and plug an iPod that i leave in the ashtray with a custom dock.
the speakers front are from canton, the back are clarion also.
the sounds is very good (for me, some friends of mine hear too much bass from sub).
i can post pictures when i'll have some time if you want to.
fred

Quick Reply: Subwoofer under seat