Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

new additions to the posse' / seinfeld blue / jordan red / rare artic silv

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 09:28 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default new additions to the posse' / seinfeld blue / jordan red / rare artic silv

Well gang, i promised i'd get some photos up once i had the time to do so.
I have a few nice vehicles and just added a few extra-ordinary ones.
the short list of my favorite possessions are as follows:
1. newly acquired 97 seinfeld turbo s, one-off blue;
2. 1997 turbo -s artic/black with , what i believe, is the lowest # of miles in the world...just under 650 miles;
3. newly acquire 1997 turbo-s guards rd/cashme with 7k miles, orig owner was MJordan
4. 1996 turbo, non-s, black/cashme, with 4k miles; insanely nice
5. 1997 carrera cab- black black black , the only one non-stock;
6. 1968 gt shelby 350 fast back, black/black restored insanely nice;

See some photos at http://results.westwoodvelo.com/porsche_collection.htm

the s's are nuts. seinfelds car is awsome. i give that guy a ton of credit. made a great career for himself and enjoys his toys to the nth degree. thx for the hand me down. the <700 mile artic silver is prestine, museum quality.
neither of the two i'll drive though i neorotically took them to get gas and put on a few miles. they are too nice to drive.
the mjordan car i'll drive here and there.
the 96 black turbo and cab are drviers
and the shelby is simply too insane to drive. no cat converter. u turn it on, its so narly, i think it spits fire. anyway, i have mmore photos on one of our teams' sites...if anyone has questions let me know.

i got a little lucky a few years ago with my company. a little bit of hard work and some luck. so my theory is to enjoy things as much as possible. i agree in total with other peeople's comments about these just being cars. they are...just cars. the kids, the wife, the house...it all comes first and foremost and u give it up in a heart beat for them. but if you can, if you have the ability, and you have a passion for it....fit in what you can. one day, they close the box on your head and you cant take the carbon dash with you. enjloy it while you can.

my theory - unless you can restore to perfection, buy the best, pay a premium, but either by value/cheaper and improve; or buy the best. stuff in the middle is tough to justifyother than money. same as in real estate.
location location location.
i'm particular fond of low mile s but they cant be dried-out cars; i wont buy anything that seeps or leaks. i passed on a quite a few higher mile cars with blemishes, and low miles that were dried out.
the artic 97s is really amazing as it really got what must have been tons of love. the thing had zero blemishes, zero wrong, zero dried out. the PPI guy said "its freakish. like going back in time". seinfelds is pretty perfect. had a rosette ignition issue which sloan was good enough to swap out.
fyi, differing thoughts on sloan i've heard....mine is pretty darn positive. guy works hard, is a sole practitioner...loves the cars. he doesn't bullcrap but like anyone, you never really know whats what till you get it on a lift for a ppi. stuff changes. when you have a lot of inventory, hard to get it perfect. but he resolved every issue to perfection. included new tires on all, included shipping white glove via intercity,.....and was very reasonable in price. he has a wicked nice collection...is about 90 minutes from my house, which makes it too easy to get there. the artic low miles came from RPM and Ray was phenomenal. Park place provided the mjordan S. the rest are secrets...
fyi, sloan has some really cool cars if you are in the market. really cool.

i have a warehouse space, actually 2. i just finished doing some renovations on the space (not actually done yet, so i actually have them all covered in rgualr covers and then ALL under blue tarps). no cutting, no sanding in the space, but i'm **** about them being perfecto. the 96 gets driven. and cab gets pushed around fast.

insane cars for sure. i make no pretenses about knowing the world about porsche or any other car or market. but i am fastidious in my learning, took a ton of good advise from many in putting together this collection, and am really excited to learn more and more. bot a mohawk lift which is installed to the left there, and over the next few years really want to learn to do more servicing on y own. i used to own a bike shop so mechanicals and wrenching is fun; u just dont want to make am istake with a collectors 1997 twin turbo.

dudes..enjoy the photos....fun stuff.
Attached Images   
Old 10-06-2006, 09:34 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

All I can say is WOW! Great collection! I will say its a shame these race horses wont get driven
Old 10-06-2006, 09:50 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

well, i thought the same thing when i put 6 miles on blueboy seinfeld today, but then i recognize a few things: they are pretty cool cars to preserve. for future generations to see, etc. what a real car is all about. i think preserving them properly probably takes more money, more effort and more discipline than just driving them, and lastly, i plan on driving the snot out of the 96 turbo and 97 cab. but they are really pretty to look at . under the warehouse light, noone around, locked and safe from the outside world, big drive in door to get in and out....its always a fine time tending to the herd even if you dont throw a saddle over your prize stud.
amazing they just dont make cars like that any more. all the gizmos and plastic and flashing reminders.....just too much nonesense, and stuff that makes it impossible to collect. i sold an m6 because it has so much garbage on it, and HUD display. really cool, but i could only imagine how impossible it will be to replace that when it hits its built in obsolences.
my thinks i have 3 cars. i havent given her the exact total, nor does she need to know. or price. she'ld then think she'd have carte blanche with her stuff. funny thing is my inlaws and most peole always thought of me as the least showy, least materialistic, guy they knew. cyclist, mountain biker, wall street guy who wears jeans everyday...and then bang..these things....i dont consider them materialistic. jewels are materialistic...these things are narly beasts, or better justifying them...a diversified asset class.<G>
dudes, later.
Originally Posted by chris walrod
All I can say is WOW! Great collection! I will say its a shame these race horses wont get driven
Old 10-06-2006, 10:09 PM
gordo993
Burning Brakes

I had a dream like that once - I woke up and realized it was a dream. I was crabby for a week.

Enjoy your spectacular collection!
Old 10-06-2006, 10:24 PM
Berkley
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very Nice

You are indeed fortunate to have such a wonderful collection.....Congratulations

I do I recall correctly that you operate a hedge fund?
Old 10-06-2006, 10:55 PM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

wow...need I say more...
Old 10-06-2006, 10:59 PM
RS man
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is the name of the blue on Seinfeld's ex? Is it maritime?

Harry
Old 10-06-2006, 11:01 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,002 Likes on 1,776 Posts

That is one beautiful collection!!! Love the wide asses. I just came from Wissach where they have a black RUF TT, a metallic black TT and a black C4S. I'm having a tough time containing myself.

Enjoy your toys and take the S's out of the glass cabinet once in a while.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:52 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 139 Posts

Every day a 993 sits in storage God kills a kitten....
Old 10-07-2006, 12:01 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RS man

Harry
shoshana blue i believe...

sorry could not help btw: i think larry david did pretty well for jerry too.

spg993tt thanks for saving a few whales but please let a few of us snag one or two to drive... the tt-s is by far one of the most beautiful porsches ever created... both to look @ & drive. great collection dude. btw: one of those tt's isn't possibly lance armstrong's is it? and where's the c-gt's?

by the way... what have you done to the 993 3xblk cab mod-wise?... & do you @ least drive her hard?

& hey... 2 each their own. there are a lot worse things one can do w/ money than collect p-cars. personally i'd give the the best in care... but i'd really drive them too. (just material things).

Last edited by 24FPS; 10-07-2006 at 12:23 AM.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:20 AM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by RS man

Harry
I believe it to be to be a paint to sample, therefore an official color name may
not be available. Richard Sloan referred to it as `turquoise' in his listing.
I believe it is also the first Turbo S off the assembly line.

Congrats on the awesome collection! Consider attending a Concour event with some members of the collection. It's a great way to exercise them a little, preserve, and share them with others. You'll probably go home with some
useless piece of hardware (an Award!) as well.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:14 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

Very cool collection...congrats!
Old 10-07-2006, 01:38 AM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Very, Very Cool... Enjoy in good health.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:14 AM
ientre9y11
Addict
Rennlist Member

Superb collection. We all take our hats off to you!

I think the Seinfeld S is Turquoise Blue. You can check the sticker on the under side of the front hood. It will have the paint code.

Please post lots and lots of pictures!
Old 10-07-2006, 02:51 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great gobs of drool!!!

Now for the important part. Where are you? How can I see these beauties in the flesh?

Quick Reply: new additions to the posse' / seinfeld blue / jordan red / rare artic silv