993 Forum 1995-1998

new additions to the posse' / seinfeld blue / jordan red / rare artic silv

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 02:58 PM
trickydisco
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spg993tt
tell me if any of you have spouses that are like this....she would be driving down the road...there is roadkill ahead....500 yards, 400 yards, 300 yards...200 yards...100 yards...and where you or i might do a minimal tweak to avoid it, puttig it etween the wheels, etc, she lets it roll right under the tire. i look over, no change on her face. i say "any reasonwhy u chose to run over the boney dead creature that will now be stuck to the underside of your car?" her response, "you dont like my driving, you drive". when we go to vermont, and i get a little loopey tired in the first 30 minutes of so (throw back to getting sleepy in a car as a kid), i let her drive. and i have to sleep . because i really cant stomach being awake and in the passengers seat...."any reason we're just idling 300 feet behind the biggest tractor trailer 18 wheeler on the road with stuff flying off at us?"....
LOL.... I've totally been there few times with past girlfriends.
I'd just have to close my eyes and try to ignore behaviours so
incongruous to my own. Meanwhile, they are fine, while my
bloodpressure is going through the roof.

btw, that is a wonderful collection!
Old 10-09-2006, 03:01 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

i take even more pride in my bikes... a couple of matching giant tcr advanced frames, with new sram force and srm power meters. one for training one for racing; i find cycling the pinnacle of action sports; hard, aerobic endurance work, incredibly competitive, battling other guys and when you descend off big mountains at 60mph with just a helmet on your head, that teaches you quick to be safe.... i would get rid of the cars in a heart beat if i ahad to choose between the two...

Originally Posted by Academictech
Nice cars. Agree on your assessment of Sloan; a patient, fair and honest seller. No BS and he has an awesome collection. His warehouse is only about 20 minutes from me, saw your Seinfeld Blue there a few months back; beautiful car. Off topic, if this is your car collection; as a fellow cyclist, it would surprise me if you had a bit of carbon fiber kicking around the garage in terms of two wheeled transportation. Have fun, nothing is as nice as that S body in the 993, it's an addictive curve.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:57 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

Another cyclist here. Keep that helmet on; mine just saved my life and thankfully I'm only nursing a fractured clavicle instead of massive head injuries.
Great collection. Now you just need a '92 Turbo S, maybe a 993GT2, 993RS, 964 3.8RS....

c
Old 10-09-2006, 10:07 PM
kalumbian
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While I too believe those cars should be driven, I admire your collection immensely.
Given that, if I was in a similar situation as you, I would probably do something similar in terms of the quantity of cars.

I hope you join the Fall Foliage cruise, as I would love to see any of these examples up close and personal.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:15 PM
Bruce SEA 993
Addict
Rennlist Member

I saw your Red Turbo S here in the Seattle area...Bellevue to be exact at a PCA party at Park Place. The owner told us that it was M Jordans car. I told my wife that she could buy me that one but you beat me to it! Well that and we didn't win the lottery. Looks like your hard work is paying off so congrats! Smoke em if you got em!

Cheers
Old 10-10-2006, 08:35 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Default Immobilizer issue

definately offtopic, but hoping someone can push me in the right direction. did a bunchof searching but any on-point thread is a bit dated (no recent responses).

anyway, short story, ran into a 'starting' problem with the artic turbo s, the one with <700 miles on it , from Ray @ RPM. sort of experienced it when we were unloading 2 weeks ago with the hauling cmpany. we were turning the key but no spark, no crank., nothing. now, first, i'm pretty familiar with the immobilizer and its functionality. i have the other turbos with same functionality and this problem is not experienced on those cars. and i've read the manual about 5 times to ensure i'm not missing anything.

ok, so here are the facts and things i've done. 1) i've changed the battery on the remotes; i push the immobilizer button and the doors unlock, hop in, and right away put key in ignition, clutch down, try to crank it up. key turns to 3rd position where it should lite up, and nothing. no cranking.
on the clock i see the immobilizer light. when i turn it to position 3 (crank), the light comes on for a few seconds as it should, then goes off.

if i just sit in the car , dont try turning on, and it rearms, then when you go to position 3, immobilizer light comes on but doesnt go off. ok, thats correct functionality.

but i click clicker and now it should be deactived, ready to turn on. i turn key again as noted above to position 3, immob light comes on for 2 secs then off but no ignite.

i tried a few things, a few times. on , off, shut door, open door, etc. open hood, shut hood.... i would say once in every 25 times i get it to turn on and then it runs just fine.

i spoke to ray who was a bit stumped as well but suggested starting with the easiest course of actin....charge for a day or two the battery. maybe it doesnt have a full charge. sawa a post up here that you need a full battery to get it to work right. ...so its charging as we speak.

also, i think something is a bit off because on other turbos which light up fine, the alarm when set flashes fast for a few seconds, then slow and steady, one blick at a time. on the artic with the problem, sometimes it doesnt cme on at all. when it does, its a double blink...double blink....double blink...etc.
wonder if that indicates something.

tommorrow, i'm going to try the other rememote...didnt have it at the warehouse today.

so , i guess my questions are:
1. (pending hopeful fix via charging), what are the steps one should go through in bugging this? how can you isolate the immobilizer is working fine/
2. ray mentioned you could adjust settings of immobilizer (he doesnt recommend)....how can i tell if mine was modified by prior owners?
3. how do i reset to factor defaults the immobilizer, without whacking the car codes as i was never given the car code
4. any other thoughts or ideas...?
feel free to point me towards the right set of threads or tell me to jump in a lake ...heck, tell me whatever you want, but if someone has some ideas, i;d love to learn more about what i think is a disasterous attempt at security. not exactly great stuff even on the cars that work. whatever happened to personal responsibility. you set the alarm, you're protected. yo dont..fine, you deserve to lose your car.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:44 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 218 Posts

Might want to start a separate thread with the question. Some folks who saw this thread earlier may not come back to it. Goodluck.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:26 PM
Blue Ocean
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve,
Looks like another "Seinfeld" car is for sale.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...36232328QQrdZ1
Old 10-12-2006, 03:09 PM
red_wagen
Instructor

Originally Posted by Blue Ocean
Steve,
I wonder if that's the same guy who sold George Costanza, "John" Voight's car?

Back on topic. That's a beautiful collection of cars. A loving wife, 3 great kids, good health and a superb collection of P-cars, I hope you enjoy them for a long, long time.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:07 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

enjoy. i'm sitting out for a bit!<G>

Originally Posted by Blue Ocean
Steve,
Old 10-13-2006, 01:37 AM
GratefulJED
Burning Brakes

With regard to your problem, my friend has a Porsche that he rarely drives that showed those same symptoms. I have never seen this on this board, but the wrench said it was a stuck ignition module and suggested he squirt some wd40 in the keyhole and work it around. My buddy did just that and it worked. Something about not getting used enough. Good Luck.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Surj-993C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Have you replaced the DME relay? just a thought.

Quick Reply: new additions to the posse' / seinfeld blue / jordan red / rare artic silv