993 Forum 1995-1998

new additions to the posse' / seinfeld blue / jordan red / rare artic silv

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 08:33 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are a lucky man with great taste in cars. Beautiful collection.
chuck
Old 10-07-2006, 09:40 PM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Ritter
He doesn't need to join a club- HE IS HIS OWN CLUB!
He also could start his own collector Porsche Supercar Museum...
Old 10-07-2006, 09:43 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my son is 6; my daughter 3, and my youngest son 8 months. i have no major ills to speak of...my wife loves me (which in its own right is a miracle);
i am definately a lucky guy for sure. i spent a lot of time getting ideas and suggestions from many. i previously had an m6, a great car which i loved, but not that kind of class. a lot of guys up here were good enough to PM me, to talk personally by phone, and shared a ton of wisdom about the cars, various elements of the market, prices...different approaches. i just sort of listened to it all and then rolled my dice like the rest of us... heck, if i made a few mistakes, i'll eat it like the rest of us.... we can strive to get it all right, but a few goofs and errors a long the way are part of the process.
so i'll again say thx to those guys who shared their thoughts and passions with me. id call my collection a picture of what a few really-expierienced rennlisters would get for themselves.
thx. later.

Originally Posted by csertich
You are a lucky man with great taste in cars. Beautiful collection.
chuck
Old 10-07-2006, 11:25 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

not that kind of class
Well, there you go. Sounds kind of Trump-esque to me, but I don't have that kind of class.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:51 AM
GratefulJED
Burning Brakes

I don't know - I've forgotten whether the s was mechanically the same as the reg turbo, but I do know they were chock full of weight, amminities, and those beautiful hips. They were the creme de la creme of the 993. You have certainly started at the top, and with multiple examples. I would definately jump on Ray's 993 yellow monster that was posted here recently, and I would definatley get the 73 rs and some kind of cool cab. Then I think the next step is to race maybe. I would stop at the rs! Fab collection - hope your wife backs you up and that you start sharing everything with her!! Thanks for sharing, and I definately want to see your collection next time I'm on on the Jersey border!
Old 10-08-2006, 05:27 AM
urban_alchemist
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spg993tt
my son is 6; my daughter 3, and my youngest son 8 months. i have no major ills to speak of...my wife loves me (which in its own right is a miracle);
i am definately a lucky guy for sure. i spent a lot of time getting ideas and suggestions from many. i previously had an m6, a great car which i loved, but not that kind of class. a lot of guys up here were good enough to PM me, to talk personally by phone, and shared a ton of wisdom about the cars, various elements of the market, prices...different approaches. i just sort of listened to it all and then rolled my dice like the rest of us... heck, if i made a few mistakes, i'll eat it like the rest of us.... we can strive to get it all right, but a few goofs and errors a long the way are part of the process.
so i'll again say thx to those guys who shared their thoughts and passions with me. id call my collection a picture of what a few really-expierienced rennlisters would get for themselves.
thx. later.
Very eloquently and well said! Enjoy them in good health, and drive the nuts off that TT! At least one of them deserves to be driven!
Old 10-08-2006, 11:43 AM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

i looked long and hard at the 94 turbo s. still am. many recommended that as an integral part of a collection of air cooleds. and it has airbags which is always nice maybe a tad wrong-focused though. but i have a tough time stomaching whaling around in something so fast without airbags. its a really pretty car to look at. rich was going to get a review on the mechanicals when his mechanic got back from some vacation and up to speed. then i ran into the mjordan car and for the moment, i'm chock full.

if anyone is in the nj/ny area and you ever want to check them out or go out for a spin, just let me know. i'm in the northern nJ (right on ny border) area.

someone asked about a hedge fund....not a hedge fund. my company does equity trading for institutional clients (hedge funds, mutual funds, banks). no stock recommendations, or capital introduction, just quality trade execution. my background was software and running cmpanies, a perfect fit. been doing it for nealry 15 years. ceo the company. got back into road bike racing 2 years ago, won the NJ Masters (read: old guys 35+ in age) State Championship in time trialing. and so after years of slaving, i'm starting to as my wife would call it, 'enjoy' stuff/life a bit. whereever your number is, money is only money, and valueless when you go. heck, i have no interest in being upstairs with my dada and grandfather, looking down to see my wife's new husband playing golf on my hard work....chuckling about how he married smartly. that would kill me. then again, i'd be dead, so the only thing you can do while alive is love your kids, love your wife, and have a little fun.

i think guys who are reading this thread, post on these boards, are maniacal about these cars. we are probably all similar in many ways: we're obsessive, ****, compulsive, neurotics... if we grew up in todays' school system, we'd be on all kinds of alert lists and watch charts. nineteen teacher analysts would be telling our parents all the pscyhological help we need. instead, we just grew up and find things to make us happy.

anyway, i just wanted to make an introduction. i really like these boards since one thing i am keenly aware about is how little i know cmpared to the truley talented on this board. so i plan on continuing to listen, read, and learn and become as educated in the area of p-cars, their markets, their mechanicals...as one can be. or atleast as much as i can be.

dudes, have a good weekend....if ever in the area and you want to check them out....let me know.

-sg
Welcome, great collection you have there! Look forward to your participation on this board!
Old 10-08-2006, 09:38 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

i'm nice but not that nice. the wife, simply stated, will never drive that collection. nor does she want to. i love her to death and she has such care and love for my kids, that i look past any frustration i might have...but, and tell me if any of you have spouses that are like this....she would be driving down the road...there is roadkill ahead....500 yards, 400 yards, 300 yards...200 yards...100 yards...and where you or i might do a minimal tweak to avoid it, puttig it etween the wheels, etc, she lets it roll right under the tire. i look over, no change on her face. i say "any reasonwhy u chose to run over the boney dead creature that will now be stuck to the underside of your car?" her response, "you dont like my driving, you drive". when we go to vermont, and i get a little loopey tired in the first 30 minutes of so (throw back to getting sleepy in a car as a kid), i let her drive. and i have to sleep . because i really cant stomach being awake and in the passengers seat...."any reason we're just idling 300 feet behind the biggest tractor trailer 18 wheeler on the road with stuff flying off at us?"....
dudes, if she expressed some great love for such a car (if she drove stick), then i'll deal with it at that time. i bot her a black burton light weight ski vest. she loved that. we're even.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:54 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 858 Likes on 436 Posts

Loved reading your post, your thoughts, seeing the pics of your cars (my dream cars), and your stories about your wife and kids. I'm sure we can all relate to some extent.

Super glad for you. Welcome to our little community. Wish I lived in your area so I could see those cars up close and personal! Maybe I'll meet you one day at a future Porsche Parade where your "Seinfeld" special is winning the concours.

Steve R
Old 10-09-2006, 12:13 AM
ed devinney
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts

Nice cars, nice pix, and a nice attitude about life!
Old 10-09-2006, 12:34 AM
ARM993
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great collection of cars and great taste. Thanks for sharing with us. Welcome to Rennlist.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:57 AM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

i looked long and hard at the 94 turbo s. still am. many recommended that as an integral part of a collection of air cooleds. and it has airbags which is always nice maybe a tad wrong-focused though. but i have a tough time stomaching whaling around in something so fast without airbags. its a really pretty car to look at. rich was going to get a review on the mechanicals when his mechanic got back from some vacation and up to speed. then i ran into the mjordan car and for the moment, i'm chock full.

if anyone is in the nj/ny area and you ever want to check them out or go out for a spin, just let me know. i'm in the northern nJ (right on ny border) area.
Welcome! What an incredible collection and would I love to see/hear them! If you haven't seen the thread yet, you should come out on the Rennlist Fall Foliage meet & drive with us on Sunday, Oct. 22nd. We will be meeting right up the street from you on the Palisades Pkwy. We would love to meet you and you can choose one car to take.

Seriously though...you didn't slide down the slope...you have jumped off.

Hope to see you on the 22nd.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:51 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 497 Likes on 320 Posts

Awesome collection! Welcome!

How about some photos of the GT350??
Old 10-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Ty Smith
Instructor

Sure I'll come by to visit, but I might not leave. I'm available for adoption too...
Old 10-09-2006, 01:06 PM
foryorent
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Cactus
Every day a 993 sits in storage God kills a kitten....

Quick Reply: new additions to the posse' / seinfeld blue / jordan red / rare artic silv