Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

100 Cel cat question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 02:52 PM
Toga
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Colin, I just checked how far you where from home... well it's around 700km! Too bad!
Now if I'm correct, 1250£+19%VAT= 2207€ Which leaves the Cargraphic (2211€) in the deal as I can pick them up myslef in Landau.
Colin how much time do you need for the remapping?
David, you files are a usefull reference, thanks!
Old 08-30-2006, 03:24 PM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Toga,

Going to the UK by car next week... I will pick them up if Colin can get them delivered to a acceptable adress in Sussex.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:02 PM
Toga
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Monique
Toga,

Going to the UK by car next week... I will pick them up if Colin can get them delivered to a acceptable adress in Sussex.
Thanks for the offer Monique, but I'm not in a hurry. I'll keep you advise anyway. I slowly think that a spring trip to 9m could be an option for a remap and a nightstop with a few beers to may be meet some UK Rennlisters...
Old 08-30-2006, 05:58 PM
LAT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Cargraphic split 100 cell that I bought from a Rennlister and an Andial 2 deg timing block (which I have been told is made by RS Tuning) and I am very happy with the results. I don't get CEL and I have over 3K kms on the system. I am getting a 5% increase in acceleration from 50-100 mph as measured on my XA22. I think Colin is correct on the power expectations, on mine I think I am getting about 15 hp from the combination and would get more from a true remap.

m2c
Old 08-30-2006, 08:18 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Caveman
Hi Colin,

You must have seen a few silencers in your time. In your opinion what works well with the sports cats? I have RSRs plus the sports cats which I think sound great. What do you use on your racer (which sounds excellent by the way)?
(Sorry for the slight hijack).

Cheers,

David

PS I've added a video clip of you pulling off (sounds rude!) at Brands Hatch last year. I've also added a mystery (to me) 911 that sounded fantastic and looked pretty powerful - any idea what it was? See my Putfile site.

On the 9m 993+1 of Robin's (the black varioram) we tested a combination of my Cargraphic N-GT cats & silencers, Dansk cats with standard silencers and Dansk cats with Techart silencers. Lets just say that the silencers made no difference whatsoever, but if you fitted the stock cats the engine hit a brick wall at 315bhp, thus Robin drove away with Dansk cats and standard silencers.

Like the video clip, nice to see the car from the outside for a change! You will have to mail it to me as I get a lot of folk asking what my car sounds like in anger....

The second car is Johnathon Williamson's hillclimb car, 3.2 engine with around 260-270bhp on headers and mechanical injection in an early impact shell, the car weighs in at approx 950kg and normally does the first 64ft in 1.95 seconds on slicks. My car in comparison has never beaten 2.19 onlist 1b (road legal) tyres but it does weigh in at 1150kg.

Jonathon's car is very quick indeed up a hill, the soft suspension putting the power down well and the relative lack of power is compensated for with a short gear set, however it is not a match for the grunt and 1.5g brakes of my RS-R on the sprints like Brands. Makes for interesting competition though!
Old 08-31-2006, 05:14 AM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Colin,

I'll try and remember to send you the clip when I'm at home as it is on my home computer.

Cheers,

David
Old 10-08-2006, 09:40 AM
Toga
Three Wheelin'

Hi gentlemen,
I'm slowly loosing grip on the slope, and I'm about to order a 100 cells cargraphic cat. A few more questions come to my mind while lying under my car and trying to imagine how to fit it...

-what's going on with the heat tube which is above the OEM cat? Will I still have heating with a split flow exhaust?
-correct me if I'm wrong, but I have only one O2 sensor on my OEM cat. Do we need a special connection to set one on each cat when we have a split flow?
-I'm still not sure which kind of tubes connections I have: Bischoff or Gillet. I suspect Bischoff. Does someone have an easy trick to find out while it's on the car?

Thanks for your help
Old 10-08-2006, 09:50 AM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The muffler's connection is the same, its the heat exchanger style that dictates what you'll need. Bishoff is a "square oval" type attachment, where as gillet is a round pipe and triangular flanged attachment. bishoff requires the "doughnuts" to moun the muffs to the cat, gillet is integrated into the cat.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Hi JP,

The central heat shield can be fitted, you may need to grind a small notch in it or the central Cargrahic bracket ( a flat piece of steel bent into a "square" U shape) for it all to fit in perfect harmony. Some people don't bother with the central bracket to hold the Cargraphic pipes but it seems a shame not to use it. Sorry, just read your question again; no impact on heating as heat is picked off of hot air from the manifolds and you are not tocuhing them (unless you are replacing manifolds as well). The O2 sensor plugs into one of the pipes, no need to split it and the cargraphic pipes should only have one sensor socket (at least mine does). Bischoff are early and Gillet are late model pipes. Bischoff flange is "bent triangle" in shape plus what Chris says above.

Good luck! You won't regret it once you start it up and hear it!

Cheers,

David
Old 10-08-2006, 07:01 PM
GabiOsz
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have heard that SCART are about to bring out a split flow 100 Cell CAT.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:21 AM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Their price is quite good on their current cat so hopefully they might be less than the other options?

Cheers,

David
Old 10-10-2006, 09:45 AM
Toga
Three Wheelin'

Chris, David, Gaby, thanks for the infos.
according to your descriptions, I have the Bishoff ones.

I should get them by the 25th this month... and then I'll need time to instal them.
I'll keep you advised!

Cheers

Last edited by Toga; 10-10-2006 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Hi JP,

That looks like my Bishoff flange. Excellent news; you must be excited! I hope that you like them as much as I do mine.

Cheers,

David
Old 10-10-2006, 10:00 AM
Toga
Three Wheelin'

Just ordered now!
Yep I hope I'll like them. After all I read here, I will probably keep the OEM mufflers, but will I stop slipping before the remapping?
Old 10-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Cool!

I'd love to hear them with OEM silencers - should make for an interesting comparison with my set up. The car's engine management can handle 100 cell cats and I've not had any issues. My understanding is that the car would run even better with a remap so it's on my list but I don't feel like I have to do it straight away.

Cheers,

David

Quick Reply: 100 Cel cat question.