Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Missing: viperbob aka Bob Brooks

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Just caught up with this thread. Good luck in your relationship, Bob, however you wish for it to proceed.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:46 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Bob,

Here's the deal with Moorpark... great weather, Rufus lives there, not gawdawful expensive, Rufus lives there, you can draw from the billion or so Porsches in Simi, San Fernando, Westalake, Agoura, Thousand Oaks, the one in Ventura/Oxnard, and Santa Barbara, and did I mention that Rufus lives there? All the NorCal guys will happily drive down. All the Orange County and San Diego guys will gladly drive up. Oh... need I mention "California Girls"?
Old 08-01-2006, 03:00 PM
jerrykrug
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How bout Reno, NV. Skiing 20 min away, Race track http://www.reno-fernleyraceway.com/ + all the northern CA tracks, affordable, only 1 other Porshe shop http://www.sporthausinc.com/ and EBS Racing. great weather and tons to do. Just thought I would through this idea at you.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:54 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, as many retired persons are finding out as of late, the Carolinas puts one half way between the north east (skiing in NH), a days drive away and half way to the south (racing in Fla) again a days drive
We here have a geater need IMHO than everyone else for a good wrench. To boot, we have skiing in the mountains of NC and WV, just a half days drive away.....how can you beat working at the beach and still being central to the entire east coast? Good looking women (of EVERY age), cheaper RE than most metro areas, THE BEACH, and best of all P-cars than need attention.

Oh,and I forgot......within 3 hours: VIR, Charlotte, CMP, RRR (4 1/2 hrs), RA (6 hrs).....need I say more?
Old 08-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 523 Likes on 346 Posts
Cool Listen to Chris...his words..

ring true in my ears. My recent four (4) days in NC twisted my head...nice spot indeed, and hand made mufflers and cat cross over pipes are readily available. You sold me Chris!
Old 08-01-2006, 07:50 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by 993inNC
Well, as many retired persons are finding out as of late, the Carolinas puts one half way between the north east (skiing in NH), a days drive away and half way to the south (racing in Fla) again a days drive
We here have a geater need IMHO than everyone else for a good wrench. To boot, we have skiing in the mountains of NC and WV, just a half days drive away.....how can you beat working at the beach and still being central to the entire east coast? Good looking women (of EVERY age), cheaper RE than most metro areas, THE BEACH, and best of all P-cars than need attention.

Oh,and I forgot......within 3 hours: VIR, Charlotte, CMP, RRR (4 1/2 hrs), RA (6 hrs).....need I say more?
Myrtle beach, Williamsburg...Outerbanks...
Old 08-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by viperbob
Maybe Abe I could work out a deal with Jerry. I'll live in the house he is not living in for 6 months out or the year. I could ski in NH, Maine and Vermont in the winters and then race in Daytona, Sebring etc in the summers and fall.... HMMMMM.....
I think Bob might be becoming Rennlists' Kato Kaelin ... : ) ... JUST KIDDING BOB ... please send my parts ... I promise my credit card will clear !!!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:33 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jerrykrug
How bout Reno, NV. Skiing 20 min away, Race track http://www.reno-fernleyraceway.com/ + all the northern CA tracks, affordable, only 1 other Porshe shop http://www.sporthausinc.com/ and EBS Racing. great weather and tons to do. Just thought I would through this idea at you.
I think Tahoe starts to make sense -- thirty minutes to EBS, one hour to to the track, live on the snow through the ski season and enjoy Lake Tahoe through summer ... what a lifestyle!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:46 PM
Bill (NC)
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just tried to make an appointment at the Porsche shop in Greensboro and was told I could come in about two weeks! And I would have to drive 50 miles from Winston-Salem to get there....there are none closer. Sounds like opportunity knocking! LOL. Good Luck. (Keep trying Chris)
Old 08-01-2006, 09:29 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Myrtle is like the cheesy parts of Vegas, but more family oriented. Its Hell during the summer and Closed come winter.

Williamsburg is a nice place, but is Va taxes and doesn't offer much outside of alot of cool historic features.

Outerbanks.......barrier island........hurricane? You can do the math, but it usually disappears when a good one comes through.

Wilmington to Myrtle Beach (outside of) is one of the best and biggest booming area right now, and holds all that I previously mentioned.

ring true in my ears. My recent four (4) days in NC twisted my head...nice spot indeed, and hand made mufflers and cat cross over pipes are readily available. You sold me Chris!
Just doing my part........I've told no lies, have I ?

(Keep trying Chris)

I'm willing to put up my own money and resources as well as recruit other like kind if necessary, what more can I do? I was just having a conversation with a friend recently about this very subject, in which it was expressed that someone could make a killing with a good European shop. If Bob is open to location and is interested in an entrepenuer friendly area with a good business base.......we're it, he won't do much better.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:20 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by 993inNC

Myrtle is like the cheesy parts of Vegas, but more family oriented. Its Hell during the summer and Closed come winter.

Williamsburg is a nice place, but is Va taxes and doesn't offer much outside of alot of cool historic features.

Outerbanks.......barrier island........hurricane? You can do the math, but it usually disappears when a good one comes through.

Wilmington to Myrtle Beach (outside of) is one of the best and biggest booming area right now, and holds all that I previously mentioned.

Just doing my part........I've told no lies, have I ?

(Keep trying Chris)

I'm willing to put up my own money and resources as well as recruit other like kind if necessary, what more can I do? I was just having a conversation with a friend recently about this very subject, in which it was expressed that someone could make a killing with a good European shop. If Bob is open to location and is interested in an entrepenuer friendly area with a good business base.......we're it, he won't do much better.
Actually bought a truck off Ebay in Wilmington a couple years ago. Was pretty surprised to see all the businesses on that strip..can't think of the road right now, but it was real busy for a week day. I mentioned those other areas because of proximity to Wilmington. And your'e right about winds and the OB
Old 08-01-2006, 11:15 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Originally Posted by TRINITONY

Actually bought a truck off Ebay in Wilmington a couple years ago. Was pretty surprised to see all the businesses on that strip..can't think of the road right now, but it was real busy for a week day. I mentioned those other areas because of proximity to Wilmington. And your'e right about winds and the OB
College road.....and you think it was busy then
I just finished an aricle about the business environment here (amazing). It is poised for more growth as more people come in. Brunswich county (just over the Cape Fear river) is 19th in the Nation for fastest growing population. We have boomers coming down with lots of $$$, they buy houses, spend $$ and start little mom/pop businesses. There are more restaurants here per capita and yet they are still ALL packed on any given day, and we are mostly isolated from nation economic issues becuse we are a service area, we all serve each other (spread the love).
In all seriousness, and consideringing Bob's situation, he couldn't consider a better total package both for personal gain and economic gain than here.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:29 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by 95 C4 993
What about SLC, UT Valley?? This is coming from a former Silicon Valley guy and not Mormon either.

1. Best snow on earth
2. Extremely clean-I have never seen such a clean area
3. Cost of living is decent
4. Outdoor Meca
5. Mountain views everywhere
6. Only place in the world that truely experiences all 4 seasons.
7. No tornado's, hurricanes, humidity, or major disasters.
6. You can still get away with Pologamy!!!
1) Then why do I meet so many people from Utah on the Tram and the Gondie at JHMR?

4) Then why are there so many Utah plates in Jackson all summer long? They can't all be rental cars...

5) How can you top a mountain range named after big breasts?

2) You do have us on this one. Too many damn dogs in this town.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:20 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
5) How can you top a mountain range named after big breasts?

"Ski The Bodacious TaTas"!
Old 08-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Come on, Colorado is the place to be. Zippo competition business wise. Skiing, Hiking, Hunting, Babes, Wide open spaces etc.....
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Missing: viperbob aka Bob Brooks