Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does Your Wife/GF Share Your Preference for a Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 12:44 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Wow,

Three pages of responses barely over-night. Glad to know that some of your significant others enjoy the Porsche. Share the love. It's a beautiful thing. Unfortunately (or may be is fortunately, as Greg says), my RUF is my ride alone. Well, Melissa will join me anytime.

John,

Yes, Melissa will actually turn 21 in July. Time flies when you're having fun, and I suspect you are having entirely too much fun.

CP
Old 03-20-2006, 02:24 PM
ed devinney
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

My wife likes the 993, but has never found the 951 pleasant to drive.

She's due for the next fun car in a couple of years and is interested in a Boxster, which is dandy with me.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:36 PM
Fred, Long Island
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now I remember the consensus voiced when this comaprison was made some years ago on another board: "Girlfriends like 'em, wives don't"
Well, not in all cases.....
Old 03-20-2006, 02:44 PM
hoggel
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I met my GF at a PCA autocross. We love to go to DEs together in our separate cars.

Old 03-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Lawrence_P
Racer

Mine will not let me do a DE without her and now she is pushing to go to Skippy School. On the other hand, she does not want to race motorcycles... but she is considering a Ducati Monster for the street.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:16 PM
Bruce SEA 993
Addict
Rennlist Member

My wife enjoys the car as passenger and driver...she is a little intimidated about DEs as she is not a great double clutcher. We take long trips and enjoy PCA gatherings.

She also doesn't begrudge my spending on the car and actually encourages the projects.

I also support her activities and passions...it works well for us!
Old 03-20-2006, 05:40 PM
tobyport
Instructor

CP-- I purchased last week a 993 Tip for my wife to drive..when I get through all the mods that I intend to do I will give it to her for a daily driver!....will let you know how it works out.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Midnight C4S
Pro

My GF is really good about it. Trips down the coast to Hearst Castle - and often to Carmel when she knows we are taking the 993 are met with quiet understanding. She doesn't mind at all bless her.

Pong has your daughter ever driven the RUF? Ever wanted to? Ever done so when you were asleep and she pushed it out of the garage? Nah your driveway is steep enough to keep her from being able to push it out I would think. Something to think about for all of you with teenagers though yes?
Old 03-20-2006, 05:54 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

[QUOTE=Midnight C4S]My GF is really good about it. Trips down the coast to Hearst Castle - and often to Carmel when she knows we are taking the 993 are met with quiet understanding. She doesn't mind at all bless her.

Pong has your daughter ever driven the RUF? Ever wanted to? Ever done so when you were asleep and she pushed it out of the garage? Nah your driveway is steep enough to keep her from being able to push it out I would think. Something to think about

I've met your GF and she is a doll. I'm glad that she loves riding your beautiful mid-night blue.

To answer your question, Melissa had driven the RUF, all by herself a few times at that. She helps me take the car to various shops for minor stuff, so she had driven it to Tony C's, the bosy shop, and a few other places. We have also driven it together often. I am not worried that she would feel free to take the RUF out on her own. She has a lot of respect and appreciation for the car, and would be devastated if something happens to it, no matter who is driving.

CP
Old 03-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Midnight C4S
Pro

"I've met your GF and she is a doll"

Thanks Pong. I should have known Melissa would be good about the car. I must have been thinking about me as a kid.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:48 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My wife loves riding in our 993 so much I'm beginning to wonder if all the runs we make are necessary or if maybe something sexual is going on behind my back(or next to me).................Hummmmmmmm

Actually, the love of Porsches is one of the few things we had in common when we met..............now after 22+ years, we seem to have fewer things in common than when we started (kids excluded),
but our love & the shared love of Porsches keeps on going strong.

ZP44
Old 03-20-2006, 06:53 PM
Ash
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

My wife has a love-hate relationship with the car...
She loves the way the car looks, appreciates the performance and ultimately prefers being a passenger (having driven it on several occasions she has found it to be a bit on the 'demanding' side...LWF and reverse gear in particular).
That said, she has referred to it on several occasions as the 'first wife' given the time and expense spent on it....if this is a new version of polygamy...I'll take it...hell, sign me up for a few more 'first wives'...maybe a GT3, a TT...sigh what a harem THAT would be...
Old 03-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Bill (NC)
Racer

My wife never liked our 996, but that all changed when we got the 993TT. She loves the sound (muffler bypass) and she is a speed junkie (and we are seniors.lol). Happy with being a passenger, which suits me fine.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:01 PM
Ms Kita
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well, well, I am a special kind of woman!
My guy likes my Porsches, he likes that it makes me happy! I'm happy, he's happy! We plan to autocross together in the near future. His fondness of the vehicles is purely related to my well being. I am special!
Old 03-20-2006, 09:15 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 242 Posts

Well when I got my first porsche back in 1992, I never told her I was buying it..I just showed up at the house with it...well big mistake...she hated it...never drove in it etc..

Now fast forwarding, a few weeks ago when I started looking at 993s she actually approved of me buying the S and really likes it. She thinks it's sexy etc.., so she's good for now, untils she see my mod list..

Quick Reply: Does Your Wife/GF Share Your Preference for a Porsche?