Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does Your Wife/GF Share Your Preference for a Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 09:34 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms Kita
Well, well, I am a special kind of woman!
My guy likes my Porsches, he likes that it makes me happy! I'm happy, he's happy! We plan to autocross together in the near future. His fondness of the vehicles is purely related to my well being. I am special!
Ms Kita,

You are every RL man's dream come true. Now we really need to perfect the human cloning technology pronto. Keep hopes alive.

CP
Old 03-20-2006, 09:35 PM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife wants us to take the car out more often, and enjoys trips in it. When I had my '95 993 Cab, she would take it to work on occassion (yes, I let her drive it). When we had one dog, I would even put my 100 lb Shepherd in the back, and take an hour and a half ride. People would waive like crazy when they saw a Porsche drive by and saw a big German Shepherd lying in the back w/ his head up.
My '98 is a different story, the wife is an excellent driver, and only drives manuals, but the '98 is more of a beast to drive. She has driven it around the block, but hasn't taken it any where yet (and I don't think I will let her). I am sure this summer we will hopefully be enjoying a few trips together.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:56 PM
CP
Race Director

Carman,

Absolutely beautiful car, and Andial 3.8 engine to boot. Drool... What's with the 993 turbo S rear/side scoops? Did you change the rear fenders? Lovely turbo tail as well.

Also congratulations to a lady who knows nice cars.

CP
Old 03-20-2006, 10:04 PM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

CP - thanks. Your car sounds great also.
The 'S' scoops were done the same time the engine, suspension and transmission were. Basically the previous owner wanted a C2S w/ an Andial 3.8 in Turbo S clothing. Here is the list of items - 98 C2S Glacier White / Beige-black Andial 3.8 SuperCup / Lightweight Flywheel / 8.32 Ring & Pinion / Quaiffe Limited Slip / Sport Mufflers / Big Ovals / M030 Euro - springs, shocks, sway bars / shock tower brace / Turbo-S rear Brake Vents / Techart Turbo S Scoops w/ fog / Euro clear turn signals & Euro Tail Lights / Twin Turbo Yellow Calipers / Sport Seats / CD HiFi / 18" Turbo Techs / wheel crests / aluminum-wood shift & brake [321HP 278TRQ]
Old 03-20-2006, 10:29 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Man.... this is upsetting...

Man.... I hate this story. My GF/SO is the love of my life. We spent much time ridin' Harleys when she first came into my life 10 years ago. Seemed as tho we were always on a Harley when the weekends happened to be nice.

I've been ridin' HDs since I was a kid.... 45 years ago! Ride year 'round. SO only rides in the warm months. And, I had a custom 'bagger' Harley.... then moved to a BIG Honda Gold Wing and she loved the move.

Then about 2 years ago, she decided she did not wanna ride motorcycles anymore. Now, I'm a good rider, not a dangerous rider by any means. She just got this "thing" in here head... we flew to FLA in Oct right after '9/11'. I had to drive home. She freaked out on a plane to the Caymans as well. But, we got home. She is getting better as we fly to a vacation place (in the US) every couple months.

I'm sorry for the long post..... I tho't that if we had a Porsche (I've had several over the years) that we could "rebond". If you know what I mean. Bonding is important.

We drove to New Hampshire on back roads the first weekend we had the car. Only 2.5 hours and a pretty nice ride. Had lunch.... drove home on the Interstate.... 1.25 hours. She was not happy. Said the seats were uncomfy, and I drove too fast.... well, maybe I did. I can drive a 911 pretty well, but still... I was within normal limits.

Anyway.... she does not ask to ride in the car. We used to take the 993 to the coast for a sea food lunch on Sundays. But, that has not happened lately. I do ask her if she wants to go for a ride when the roads/weather permit, but I always hear some sort of excuse. I will not relate them here.

Sooooo.... I pretty much take the car out bymyowndamnself, now. Pretty lame. But, I do drive the crap outa it when I'm alone in the car. I like that part, other than I drive too fast without her.

I do miss the times we had in the car going to VT, NH.... and to the coast for lunch on Sundays. Crap.... !! But, I will continue to drive the crap outa this car, folks. It is a nice 993 and I love it. BTW, just got an AJUSA 3 spoke wheel to install soon.

Sorry for the long post.....

BAGGER
Old 03-20-2006, 11:43 PM
CP
Race Director

Bagger,

Gald you shared your story. Now we can commiserate together, with some others.

Carman,

That's an incredible transformation for a 2S, 98 MY to boot. That's gotta be one of the rarest 993 anywhere. Mind sharing the story how you found this car? And how many miles?

My eyes aren't what they used to be. Can't tell if you have a turbo S tail or a turbo tail. Please post some pics if you can. Much appreciated.

CP
Old 03-21-2006, 12:17 AM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CP-My wife does not enjoy my car as I do. When I purchased it, I envisioned weekend trips and some local PCA events, etc. She has never complained but I can tell she doesn't like it much. Nice to look at but....
I've been kind of disappointed but like Dagger, I do enjoy the times alone in my car!

chuck
Old 03-21-2006, 12:18 AM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

Pong I'm so sorry to hear your wife doesn't enjoy the Ruf. What a treat she's missing out on! It sounds like you have fun in it with your daughter though.
My wife loves the Porsche. She loves going out in it with me and drives sometimes too (she really enjoys driving a manual). She's even to the point now where she'll come home and tell me what other Porsches she saw on the road.

c
Old 03-21-2006, 12:24 AM
CP
Race Director

Chris,

Yes, Melissa (my daughter) is an opportunist when it comes to fine rides. She started with the M5 in 2001, and now graduated to the RUF from 2003 on.

In that regards, my wife is still in pre-school.

CP
Old 03-21-2006, 12:49 AM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

She loves to ride (check grin!), especially with the top down...but if you ask her to choose a Porsche, her choice would be a "Cayenne"
Attached Images  
Old 03-21-2006, 01:29 AM
saphriel
Instructor

I once had a gorgeous Japanese girl in the passenger seat, and her cute Korean friend in the back. Ms.Japan wanted me to drive slow, whilst Ms.Korea at the back there kept yelling "Go FAST, damnit!!!".
Who did I listen to?
Well it didn't matter, they both ended up screaming along the way to 105 mph (albeit for different reasons).
Old 03-21-2006, 01:32 AM
CP
Race Director

Originally Posted by saphriel
Well it didn't matter, they both ended up screaming along the way to 105 mph (albeit for different reasons).
ROTFLOL. Now I would pay good money to see that in-car video.

CP
Old 03-21-2006, 01:59 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

This used to make me sad, but now I've just accepted it. Whenever my wife and I used to go out, I'd ask: "Hey, let's take the Porsche, ok?" If it was a very short trip, like under 20 minutes, she's usually say ok. Then we'd drive to that place and invariably after we went over a bad section of road, and they're everywhere around where I live, she'd say "This car is so bumpy and I feel everything. It's just not that comfortable for me."

Ughhh - what could I do?

Then when we make a plan to go on a longer trip, like to Ocean City, MD, 4 hours away, or to Philly, 2.5 hours away, she'd always say: "No way, it's just not that comfortable for a long trip."

So basically she rarely will ride in it, and it initially depressed me because when I met her she loved 911's and loved that I had an 88 911. Oh well - I just have to enjoy it by myself, and I do. I drive it all day for my sales job whenever it's nice out, and to work and back. It's not the easiest car to drive all day in god awful traffic, but I never complain and feel blessed to have it.

Steve R
Old 03-21-2006, 04:36 AM
SCMomentum
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my 'topper'...not only does the wife love the thing, so does my mom. Shortly after purchase, I was at my folks on a weekend and my mom approaches me and asks if she can drive my car!!! "YGBSM!", I say. "No, no, no,...you don't know how to drive that thing". She says, "I was driving stick long before you were!". After about 30 minutes of pestering (and I do mean PESTERING)...out we go to the car. I'm sitting in the passenger seat of MY car with my mother in the driver's seat, just shaking my head and slightly nervous. After she figured out where the key went , she fires it up and pulls away from the house. A couple of minutes later I am in shock as she is just shifting right through the gears on a nice long stretch of road by her home. I was giggling like a little kid. I just couldn't believe it. Anyways, we get back to the house and for the rest of the evening all she would talk about was "that wonderful Porsche"! How cool is that? Grandma driving my C4S!

Dave

Last edited by SCMomentum; 03-21-2006 at 01:50 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:11 AM
Midnight C4S
Pro

A couple of years ago my Grandfather was visiting from a small farm town in Ohio where he had lived his entire life mostly with trucks and the family Oldsmobile that Grandma drove. So my Mom tells me that Grandpa would like a ride in my car. He was a complete gamer he was, so I took him out and went mildly fast through a few uphill climbs and around some curves and he's loving it. I get home and later find out from my Mom that this was not only the best time he ever had in a car but the first time he had ever sat in Bucket seats! He has passed away now but I always enjoy knowing how much fun he had.

Quick Reply: Does Your Wife/GF Share Your Preference for a Porsche?