Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does Your Wife/GF Share Your Preference for a Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 09:52 AM
993c2cab
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess they were right.. men are from mars.. For all of you whos significant other loves the p-car.. keep em.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:00 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I notice in many of the responses a trend of "doesn't like to ride in..." and "loves to drive.../has her own that she drives...". Driving these cars is what it is all about for me and my wife. When "riding in", it becomes more about practicality, etc.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Racer944
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm lucky in that my wife does enjoy the car and even enjoys the social aspect of coming to the track for the occasional DE events. We have taken a few trips in the 993 and those have indeed been enjoyable as well. Unfortunately with two young kids, shared drives in the Porsche are few and far between.

She is very supportive and understanding, and I'm also careful not to go overboard about "P-Car" stuff all the time either, but so far its a great balance. If we had the cash, she would love to have her own Lapis blue Cayman parked next to the 993...

Eric
Old 03-20-2006, 10:27 AM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by chris walrod
My wife now has a Porsche that she drives daily. She really likes it and is starting to appreciate what Porsche is all about. We both enjoy driving the Boxster.
Same here, she actually has driven the 993 twice, both times under 5 minutes. She thinks its too loud and stiff (which is completely fine with me). She always asks that we take it out however with me driving. She loves Porsches and is exited for my next purchase.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:29 AM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by pcar964
Most girls I've met like the way the Pcar looks, but don't like riding in them. All the better if you ask me - I'd rather put miles on her car than waste miles in my 993 with a person who doesn't appreciate it. They're girls, it's not their thing. How many of you guys enjoy shopping for clothes...

Adrienne, Joanne - the exceptions

I enjoy shopping for clothes.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:55 AM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like 996 guys attract better women. Just kidding!! I'm not starting that war again.

My GF loves racing and loves cars. When I met her two years ago she had a Boxster, a Jag, an R1 and a sweet 84 911 Euro cab. The Boxster and R1 have gone to make room for a Cayman S that she will track as soon as we get it set up. For now she DEs in my racecar. She crews for me at races and is the one person I never have to double check the work of. The bonus, she's gorgeous.
Jim
Old 03-20-2006, 10:57 AM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine has taken to Porsches like a crack addict has taken to the pipe.

When we were buying the 993 she devoured everything you could read on the subject. She LOVES the 993.

She uses it as a daily driver, her commute is like 20 minutes, and she is very happy. We take it to Pebble Beach for the Concoures and has gone on a few fun runs.

Life is good.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:14 AM
Dan V
Race Car

Mrs. V loves taking trips in the Silver Bullet. Just this past weekend we took a trip up to Murphys in the foothills in it. Unlike our other "normal" cars, the 993 never makes her carsick, thanks to the almost non-existent roll in turns. In fact, the whole family loves the 993, and I often have a couple of relatives stuffed into the back seats around town.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:24 AM
TYNUSKT
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My wife enjoys riding in the Porsche now & then but prefers the comfort of her BMW.

Like the VW commercial says..."It's kind of hard to hear the engine honey with all that yackity yack"
Attached Images  
Old 03-20-2006, 11:36 AM
c993k
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I met my last GF around Christmas, She never knew I had 993 because I always picked her up in the Expedition. One day I showed up in the Pcar and she acted strange. First question, "How much did that thing cost?" and without missing a beat "That don't impress me much!?
So I said "Shania, thank you for a great two weeks! C ya.."
She now walks to work.
You could be lonely or irritated for the rest of your life, the choice is yours! Chris
Old 03-20-2006, 11:38 AM
swmic

Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Like the VW commercial says..."It's kind of hard to hear the engine honey with all that yackity yack"

Man, that cracks me up!!!
Old 03-20-2006, 11:39 AM
Reynard38
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When changes to my prefession made selling my race car a necessity my wife actually encouraged me to get something I really wanted. I sold my BMW cabrio and bought the "S". At fiirst she missed the droptop.
One night we went out to a really swank resuraunt (Panos and Paul's). Did the valet thing. After a 2 hour dinner (worth every penny) we exited to find the 993 parked center stage in front of the door. It was surrounded by 996TT's, 360's, Rolls, Bentleys, Astons etc. The valets, matre de, and a couple of other car gys were looking at the "S". We spent a couple of minutes talking and then I tipped the valet well and headed home.
My wife turned to me on the way home and said "honey I am really starting to like this car".
Now whenever we go out to a nice eatery we take the 993 and it always gets center stage parking. My wife loves the car, just for different reasons than me!
Old 03-20-2006, 11:54 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by JimB
My GF loves racing and loves cars. When I met her two years ago she had a Boxster, a Jag, an R1 and a sweet 84 911 Euro cab. The Boxster and R1 have gone to make room for a Cayman S that she will track as soon as we get it set up. For now she DEs in my racecar. She crews for me at races and is the one person I never have to double check the work of. The bonus, she's gorgeous.
Jim
where can i find one of these? not the car, the girl.
let me know when her cayS is set up. maybe i can learn a thing or too.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:06 PM
ppressle
Rennlist Member

My wife has discovered autocrossing and has hit most of the events of the ggr and Loma Prieta clubs for about a year now... The tire bills are going to mount!

I am glad that she appreciates the car and enjoys it. At least as long as I can stay just a bit faster!

Pete
Old 03-20-2006, 12:06 PM
Deanriffs
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Regarding cars, my wife is a like gordo993's & David's, probably like most women. Point a to point b, etc... When sitting in Chicago's traffic, she also likes to tease me with "Wow, it's really great sitting in this fast car, just feel the acceleration, the g-forces".

However, she does like the look of the Cayenne. Maybe that's our next daily driver...

Quick Reply: Does Your Wife/GF Share Your Preference for a Porsche?