Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does Your Wife/GF Share Your Preference for a Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 01:15 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 129 Posts

My GF is very supportive of my p-car enthusiasm. I try to reciprocate by being supportive of her in whatever she chooses. We even did a driver's skills day together last year and she had a blast. I am not protective of my car, and encourage her to drive it any time she wants. She has even been known to take her friends for drives in the car. Her friends cannot believe it, saying things like, "I can't believe that he trusts you with his Porsche." and "MY husband would never let me touch his car...." My friends who aren't p-car owners always say, "You are crazy, man, to let your GF drive your car." Hey, it is just a car, right?! LOL

I am a very lucky guy. She is even supportive of my recent 10meter race boat purchase...

Thanks everyone- I have really enjoyed these anecdotes.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:28 PM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

My wife gets sick driving in mine. My 5 yr old daughter and 2 yr old son are a different story. They love the car and the faster and more aggressive I drive the better. Kinda embarrasing to hear my 2 yo son tell some one that dads got a Porsche. Another scary moment was when he saw me polishing the car and he thought he would help with a ball point pen. Luckily I got between him and car in time!!!
I recently upgraded to HID and my wife has not noticed when I was driving behind her last night. Oh well, I guess she is getting me back for not noticing a hair cut.
BTW, isnt amazing how we can spout off technical data on the car about the same as they can tell us about a friend of a friends story of a brother who we see in a grocery store... yada yada..
Old 03-23-2006, 11:35 PM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CP - not the best pics. I need to get some really good ones this year.
I purchased the car w/ 19k miles, has a tad over 20k. Found her via the net, in Fl. I took off the 's' spoiler, need to get it & lower front end refinished. Yes its a Turbo S tail. Either I will attempt to DIY or going to have the following done - brake bleed, clutch slave replaced, engine mounts, SSK. And thinking of wheels, possibly Fikse Mach V.

Old 03-24-2006, 12:20 AM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Carmen,

Thanks for the pics. Just a spectacular car. Even more rare than a 993ttS. The yellow calipers just go SOOOOOO beautifully with white.

Enjoy in great health.

CP
Old 03-24-2006, 04:36 AM
Kevin Ross
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife at the 911 40th Anniv parade here in Australia...

She loves the car...
Old 03-25-2006, 05:34 PM
jen993
Cruisin'

I'm the one who actually got my boyfriend into the p-car thing. So much so that we just bought our first 993 together!

Jen
Old 03-26-2006, 02:19 AM
ARM993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife enjoys going out to dinner in the 993 on Friday nights and likes driving it once in a while. But in general, she doesn't get the fascination. She describes it to all of her friends as the noisy, rough riding, expensive toy with no cupholders and a crappy stereo. I have always been into cars though and she likes this one the best of anything I've been into. For our vacation this summer without the kids she even suggested a week long road trip with the car so I can be with both of my "girlfriends".
Old 03-26-2006, 05:32 AM
JChiles
Rennlist Member

My GF thinks the 993 is MORE comfortable than the previous BMW 330Ci. How about that...

Next time it's gonna be a GT3 CS so she really can enjoy the long drives.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:13 PM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

My wife loves driving the p-cars. We share the TT @ DE events. She drives the 356 occasionally but it is a little to raw for her taste (no radio, no a/c, worthless heater,etc). She loves driving and after the TT was set up for track events, she starting been bugging me for a 911 cab to drive around town. We both want a 997-S cab to drive around on nice days but settled for now on the MINI until the budget for a 997 arrives..........

By the way, the Cayenne is a great driving SUV and a capable tow vehicle. I know I'll take some _ _ _ _ from purists but it really is a lot of fun to drive (but not to fill up)

Also,
the last 2 speeding tickets were not mine.

Quick Reply: Does Your Wife/GF Share Your Preference for a Porsche?