FS : Help me finance my rebuild...993 Sport Seats for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 01:15 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts
Default FS : Help me finance my rebuild...993 Sport Seats for Sale

Well my engine rebuild and new paint is costing lots of $$$...and I have a nice set of Sport Seats sitting in the garage not being used so I thought I would offer them to my favorite list before they go to eBay.

I switched over to Sparco seats last year and I have been keeping the seats in storage "just in case". These seats are not heated and have two way power tilt (i.e. front and back seperately goes up and down). They are in very good shape but not perfect ; there are some small scratches on the backs, some scuffing by one of the switches. The cushions/backs/bolsters are very good. I switched the right and left seats two years ago to make sure the passenger seat gets some use as well (you swap the undercarriage of the seats to do this). The right and left seatbelt clips are not on the seats ; I used them on the Sparco seats. They are easily bought at a wrecker.

I am asking for the pair $3300 + shipping. I am near the Pacific North West ; Seattle and vicinity is within driving distance. Other than they have to be shipped.

Cheers,

Mike

** sorry about the yellow tinge...I used the camera without the flash (low battery) and light was a bit low...my camera tends to yellow in those conditions..

Here are the two seats..

Back shot, unpainted backs with the Porsche logo..

More closeup of the logo..

Drivers side power switch. There is some small scuffing happening near the switch.

I removed the seatbelt ends to use on the Sparco Seats. These seats require another set (easily gotten from a wrecker).

Old 02-27-2006, 08:39 AM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

You have a PM
Old 02-27-2006, 09:37 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow...they didn't last long.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:56 AM
Arena993
Race Car

Get em while there HOT
Old 02-27-2006, 10:27 AM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn that's a pretty good deal compared to what I've seen recently, especially for seats in such nice shape (and the right color)
Old 02-27-2006, 11:04 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

I presume those seat backs will be bright yellow in a few short weeks....

Andreas
Old 02-28-2006, 02:07 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

this is a killer deal, someone should jump on it... the tiny scratches on the back are commonplace and almost impossible to avoid... these look like they are in great shape...
Old 02-28-2006, 03:14 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
this is a killer deal, someone should jump on it... the tiny scratches on the back are commonplace and almost impossible to avoid... these look like they are in great shape...
These are not perfect quality but they are in pretty good shape. A bit of scuffing near the switches, minor scratches, and the leather is showing some patterns just a bit on the bolsters. Pretty clean though.

Judging by the response I guess I set the price too low

I am currently waiting for Mike (arena993) since he asked for a day to decide.

Since they are not sold yet would it be ethical to open it up to anyone who really wants these seats and will outbid the current price? I am not clear on how the list would feel about that....I certainly don't want to step on any toes but, heh, every $ pays for one more Targa seal...but I don't want to look unethical either and would rather sell them to a rennlister than to someone who will resell them on ebay for a quick buck.

Any recommendations for shipping? I plan to use a moving wardrobe box, bolt the seats to some 1/4 plywood for a stable base, and then wrap them in bubble wrap...sound reasonable? It works out to about 75lbs a box so the shipping is not cheap.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 02-28-2006, 09:12 AM
Arena993
Race Car

Mike:

Just sent a PM to buy the seats.

Mike
Old 02-28-2006, 09:57 AM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike J
Judging by the response I guess I set the price too low

I am currently waiting for Mike (arena993) since he asked for a day to decide.

Since they are not sold yet would it be ethical to open it up to anyone who really wants these seats and will outbid the current price? I am not clear on how the list would feel about that....I certainly don't want to step on any toes but, heh, every $ pays for one more Targa seal...but I don't want to look unethical either and would rather sell them to a rennlister than to someone who will resell them on ebay for a quick buck.

Mike
Hi Mike...IMHO once you did set a price to the Rennlisters, it's not ethical to change it into an auction...on the other hand, you are entitled to get top $$$ for your seats. If you want to auction them, take the sport seats to eBay...you might get a good deal although it feels a way better to do business among enthusiasts!
Old 02-28-2006, 11:43 AM
ed devinney
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

I'm with Pedro here, you should stick with the offer made. Less $$, better karma.

When I sold my 'cuda I had it listed for 14,500 on a Mopar enthusiast site but then listed on ebay. I didn't pull the mopar site ad immediately and got a full price offer from it. The car was getting great action on ebay but I stuck with my advertised deal.

I feel better for that even leaving a couple grand on the table. The buyer ended up flipping it but coincidentally ended up dead within a couple weeks. Karma? No, but it makes a good story :-)
Old 02-28-2006, 12:09 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Yup, I agree, my gut says once a price is set stick with it. Its the rennlist thing to do! In that light looks like Mike (Areana993) wants the seats so we are just working out the details of the deal.

I will let you guys know how it goes.

And god knows I need all the postivie Karma I can get when you are putting pistons together! ;-)

Thanks!

Mike
Old 02-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike J
Yup, I agree, my gut says once a price is set stick with it. Its the rennlist thing to do! In that light looks like Mike (Areana993) wants the seats so we are just working out the details of the deal.

And god knows I need all the postivie Karma I can get when you are putting pistons together! ;-)

Thanks!

Mike
Hi Mike...congratulations...you always sounded like a gentleman and you are really acting like one...the Porsche gods shall be on your side for the pistons assembly!!! Good luck!!!!
Old 02-28-2006, 01:08 PM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
I presume those seat backs will be bright yellow in a few short weeks....

Andreas
I thought he sold the yellow cab.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:12 PM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Mike & Mike -

Good for you. Mike (Arena993) You gonna be searching for someone to paint those seat backs fly yellow?

Scott

Quick Reply: FS : Help me finance my rebuild...993 Sport Seats for Sale