Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 07:17 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Some more pics from the begining of setting up this flimsy plastic rocker for tooling. The first hurdle to overcome was setting-up the sideskirt close to the shape it will be on the car. So, since I happened to have a 993 handy, I bolted it up to the car and made a fixture to capture its shape. Once this fixture was set, the sideskirt was removed and a back-up structure was made from wood to create a stand or a base for laminating. But first, a 4" flange had to be fabricated as tooling generally needs to be laminated beyond EOP (end of part). This also creates a flange to vacuum bag to.

As earlier pictures have shown, the messy process of wet-layup with tooling fabric (really think, bulky CF fabric) began. Definitely not the way to do the high-end composite tooling that I am accustomed to, but its much less expensive and since I dont have a lot of money, it will do just fine. In this case, its the parts themselves that count
Some more pics...
Attached Images     
Old 02-06-2005, 05:14 PM
sonny1
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can get them (nice copy),at Van Zweeden, at www.v-zweeden.com, much more cheeper than the originals and stronger too,cheers,Sonny.

Quick Reply: Source for RS black rockers?