Sponsored by:

BAR Drive 2/6??? - Yes, SB Sunday!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 01:00 AM
Jim Morton
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve:

If I have any say in this, this run is open to anyone who would rather be out driving than sitting in front of the "tube" on SB Sunday. I know nothing about this being posted on Yahoo, but will try and check it out.

As far as keeping up, there is NO issue here. This is a fun run amongst enthusiasts and I will not give out directions to anyone who thinks we are having any sort of street race or other sort of speed contest. As the keeper of the maps, I can say this.

If folks want to race one another or otherwise demonstrate un-safe driving, they can take that stuff to the track or local drag strip and deal with the stewards or what ever officials there. This drive is for the simple pleasure of getting out on some backroads and taking in some sights and turns. Bad attitudes are simply NOT welcome...

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or want to have me include you in the lunch reservations at Nepenthe. OK???
Old 01-22-2005, 01:01 AM
ckathens
Drifting

Excellent! Very nice GT3, i was very excited when we caught up with you and I saw it. You're the second white GT3 i've seen in the Bay Area in the last week. Or maybe I caught you both times.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:02 AM
ckathens
Drifting

Thanks Jim! I'll talk it over with Katrina and make sure we don't have to go to a Superbowl party. If not, we're there! I'll let you know ASAP so you can make reservations.

-Steve
Old 01-22-2005, 01:19 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 937 Likes on 566 Posts

On a whim - I was already in HMB - I drove down to Big Sur yesterday afternoon. What a spectacular drive, right in our back yard.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:29 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,807 Likes on 2,380 Posts

cool jim, i will take mia out in my avant.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:33 AM
Fongster
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
cool jim, i will take mia out in my avant.
bring mia out in the GT3.....
Old 01-22-2005, 01:37 AM
graham_mitchell
Banned

Received 443 Likes on 242 Posts

Great initiative. Wish I could be there!
Old 01-22-2005, 01:44 AM
Jim Morton
Three Wheelin'

John:

Mia is more than welcome. I may take Joe if I can get through to him how long he will be away from the house and his toys. He loves riding in the "yellow Porsche car" (as he calls it). It's just a matter of how long he likes to hang with Dad and his car buddies and not playing "Spiderman" or some other kid thing...

FWIW and a bit OT, the spec Miata is coming together well. I got a call from the frieght company today that my hardtop rear window was at the Oakland freight depot will call. With that window and a bit more wrenching, the little red "go kart" should be ready for its first track day. The SM should be a blast as a track mule... a lot cheaper with less $$$ risk of the TT. This year at the track should be a lot of fun !!!

See you soon.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:52 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

jim, when will you be out with sm?

fong, i would take mia out in gt3, but the baby seat doesn't fit and i have roll bar in rear. you need GT3 seats in your ugly white car. i have a pair for you.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:54 AM
Fongster
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
jim, when will you be out with sm?

fong, i would take mia out in gt3, but the baby seat doesn't fit and i have roll bar in rear. you need GT3 seats in your ugly white car. i have a pair for you.
free?????

haha I need some of those .....
Old 01-22-2005, 02:04 AM
Jim Morton
Three Wheelin'

John:

We missed our expected first date at LS on the 17th. Too much rain and a few other issues delayed getting the car finished mechanically. Right now, we are shooting for 2/26 and 2/27 with NCRC at TH to try it out.

I just have too many projects going at once and it seems like parts delays are causing everything to slip. I keep reminding myself that we are still not in the prime of the season so it's not that big of a deal...

Relating to another delay...Last night I was comparing the shoulder harness angles relative to my seating position and the GCR requirements. I am thinking that I will need to fab a different belt anchor than the rollbar behind seat cross bar. Unfortunately, there is some sort of cover for the gas tank or something relating to that right in the vicinity. I HATE mounting things with drills around gas tanks... We'll see. I will likely ping Tony C. or Justin about what others have done with the shoulder belts and low mounted seats.

I'll post some pictures (or links to them) if the waether holds good for some photo taking. Between the various spares, engine projects, the 2002tii and the SM, my shop is packed a little tight for good photo taking.

More later.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:06 AM
c4bliss
Racer

My wife and i went the hwy 1 route last weekend. From Central Valley down to Ragged Point and San Simion for lunch. No traffic, beutifull weather, a few slides to keep it interesting and very few other cars. We both are new Porsche owners, on our second one, a 1999 C4 Cab, after selling our 2000 Boxster and buying the new one this last December. We would be up for a drive assuming weather holds up. Since the Cowboys aint playing, why bother watching!? Robert and Suzanne
Old 01-22-2005, 02:11 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

jim, keep us posted.

fong, yes the seats are free for you, as long as you hand me $2k in cash ;-) email me.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:51 PM
Carreragal
Advanced

I haven't been here for a few months but I was hapy to see a BAR drive and the date choice is great! I'm in if that's OK? Not a racer... but I'll keep up!!!!!
Old 01-22-2005, 01:45 PM
Jim Morton
Three Wheelin'

Carreragal:

You are definately welcome to attend and enjoy. No worries about keeping up. Excessive speed will not be tolerated, although as this is a completely casual thing, there is not much we can do if a few folks take off on their own...

I do expect the group to spread out a bit and to cover this, I plan to establish regroup points along the way at the major intersections we turn at. A number of us east bay folks did a drive of a similar nature the day after X-Mas. We had folks with a broad range of experience and interest and we all had a blast.

The planned route is quite scenic with good old style backroads. I am still researching a couple of raod conditions after the recent rains, but if all goes well, the route will be what I have planned.

Stay tuned. I will post updates as we get closer.

Quick Reply: BAR Drive 2/6??? - Yes, SB Sunday!