Dishonest Business Practices -- Pelican Parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pzkw993
I ordered a set of 18" Lightweight wheels from Pelican and paid them in magic beans. The wheels have not yet arrived. I demand that I be given a free 997 Carrera S to compensate for the magic trees my magic beans would have grown otherwise. While I am waiting for the 997 to arrive I'd appreciate the loan of a Gulfstream Five to get me from here to the strip club.

Sincerely,

A Really Good, Honest, and Truthful Customer
Just wanted to say that you've had some pretty funny posts lately. Made me laugh out loud
Old 01-03-2005, 06:45 PM
billh1963
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 189 Posts

Okay everyone...enough is enough

Jonathan had a bad experience that he wanted to share. Maybe he jumped the gun in posting his experience but I hope that this thread doesn't deter others from sharing their bad experiences.

I have never ordered from PP so I don't have any history with them but something must have gone awry on the phone to have ticked him off.

Hopefully, the issue is resolved so let's get back to talking 993's
Old 01-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 724 Likes on 334 Posts

Nah, Lets hear some more bitching and sniveling. I'm sure none of us ever hear enough of that
Old 01-03-2005, 06:59 PM
Par911
Advanced

mrsullivan, just out of curiosity are you a DIY'er or do you take your 911 to a shop or dealer for service? The reason I am asking is because I know from first hand experience that Pelican is invaluable for the technical help they provide after ordering a part . There have been numerous times when I ordered a part for my 911 and needed assistance. I have contacted Wayne personally and recieved an immediate response from him on how to replace the part I ordered. Also, I don't think most of Pelican's bread and butter comes from selling Porsche garments. I have said it before, and lord knows I'm not spokesman for anyone, but I will say it again, IMO Pelican's customer service is on point.

Wayne, it's all right, I won't boycott you even if you grab my ladies a$$, just don't think about hitting it .

Last edited by Par911; 01-03-2005 at 10:17 PM.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:59 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wayne at Pelican Parts

Item Name Item Price Quantity Item Total
WAP-541-000-14-L
Porsche Motorsport Parka - Grey w/ Red lining
$281.95 1 $281.95
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow! $280 for a parka?! Is it flame-resistant?

Sorry...just wanted to lighten the mood here.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Par911
Advanced

Originally Posted by Arrwin

ROFL

It's OEM Porsche, of course it's flame resistant .
Old 01-03-2005, 07:09 PM
purrybonker
Pro

Originally Posted by Leland Pate
Well, aren't we "Mr. Sen-se-tive", today, Alan...
No wonder half the world thinks us weak... we get upset at the thickness of each others letters. Just KIDDING.
gee... I don't know if we should be taking hints about life/angst balance from a guy that choses to publicly attack a particular nation and it's people via his avatar...
Old 01-03-2005, 07:17 PM
billh1963
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by purrybonker
gee... I don't know if we should be taking hints about life/angst balance from a guy that choses to publicly attack a particular nation and it's people via his avatar...
Gee...maybe you're a little sensitive too? Last time I looked Canada was an independent country...not a French Colony, Oui?

Maybe he's saying he doesn't want any cheese with some people's whining (wining)?
Old 01-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Leland Pate
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was puzzled at first, Purrybonker.
But now it is clear you have somehow associated my avatar with some sort of anti-French sentiment.
Now, don't get me wrong here, I will knock the French anytime I get the chance, but my avatar, sir, is simply a statement directed at a certain variety of PCA members who'd rather spend the day tasting wine or playing golf that doing something... oh, I don't know... CAR related.

Funny... I wonder how many others think I'm making some sort of "Freedom Fry" type statement with my little avatar.
Well, it's back to the drawingboard.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:51 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Sorry Leland but I, too, thought your avatar was a "freedom-fry" type thing. That is, until I realized that your last name (Paté) is ACTUALLY FRENCH, meaning a spread made from duck (or other) liver.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:51 PM
seege
Addict
Rennlist Member

Talking

I dont think anyone could be too anti - France with the last name Pate.
edit-Eric you beat me to it. foiled again by slow typing skills.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:01 PM
M491
Racer

Wow, some of you guys need to get out more often. Never heard of the Porsche "wine and cheese" crowd?!? That's a common saying that only been around for . . . a couple of decades or so.

That's hilarious that some of you jump to thinking that avatar is some kind of anti-French thing! LOL! Unreal.

Keep it up, Leland.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:06 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Arrwin

Nice depth of humor, Arrwin.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:07 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

so, my last post on this topic...

1. i ordered a MEDIUM, not LARGE...cant speak to the software that is being used for order management at Pelican.

2. i called to confirm delivery time, in which i read back what i thought i had ordered (MEDIUM)

3. i didnt pick up the fact that the confirmation email had a - (Dash) L at the end and that it represented the size

4. the parka came and it was the wrong size. not enough time to get the right size out. told Pelican i wanted to return. told them i thought it was their error. was told nope, and that there would be shipping and stocking fees associated with returning it.

5. to this moment, i know what i ordered and pulled down on size -- it was a medium, not large

the dishonest business practices come from the idea of covering a mistake by making a customer pay for it...i think that is wrong and dishonest...

i didnt "threaten" to air anything, but explained to Travis that i was a member of rennlist and planned to let people know what a bad experience i had this morning...

as i said, you decide whether to believe me story or not, i actually have no "horse" in this race, other than trying to help raise awareness to fellow rennlisters...

obviously my experience this morning must have been an anomoly based on all the support pelican is getting here... still wont convince me to be a customer after this morning, but i believe too each their own on this stuff...

also will probably keep such opinions to myself in the future because i am not sure this turned out to be a productive exercise for anyone....
Old 01-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
also will probably keep such opinions to myself in the future because i am not sure this turned out to be a productive exercise for anyone....
No, actually it did - just not in the way you'd expected.

Quick Reply: Dishonest Business Practices -- Pelican Parts