Group Buy AC Jacks

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 10:12 AM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 693 Likes on 493 Posts
Default Group Buy AC Jacks

During and after the jack stand group buy there seemed to be a lot of interest in an additional GB for the AC jacks. In response to this, and because I need another jack to compliment the DK20 I already own, I have put together the following deal with Steve at Ultimate Garage.

Prices for the 4 different models are as follows:

DK20 - $228.00 ($40-55 estimated freight cost)
DK20Q - $247.00 ($45-65 estimated freight cost)
DK13HLQ - $357.00 ($65-80 estimated freight cost)
DK20HLQ - $475.00 ($70-85 estimated freight cost)

It is important to note that these prices include the rubber piece that goes on top of the jacking point. This rubber pad is usually an additional $18.00 so you should factor this cost in when doing any price comparisons. These orders will be taken through Steve and drop shipped to everyone individually. Estimated freight costs are continental US only. Jacks may be picked up in person at the Ulitmate Garage (northern New Jersey area) to save shipping but will be subject to 6% sales tax.

Jacks can be viewed through a link on the Ultimate Garage website...http://www.ultimategarage.com

Contact information will also be available on the web site. The deadline for ordering for the group buy is April 29th. We do need a minimum of 10 orders to get these prices. The total of 10 can be reached through any combination of the 4 models however. You can post any questions you may have here or contact Steve directly through the web site.

Thanks.

Jamie
Old 04-17-2004, 10:35 AM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 340 Likes on 238 Posts

Jamie,

You are either a great guy or a glutton for punishment. I think the former probably applies. Give a me a call next week to catch up on the transmission change, your DE and Watkins Glen in May.
Old 04-17-2004, 10:54 AM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the compliment Mike. This buy is much easier for me actually as I won't be handling the payment and the shipping. With the exception of answering the odd question here and there the work on this one's, for the most part, done.

I'll give you a buzz next week and hopefully we can get together at the Glenn in May.

Jamie
Old 04-17-2004, 12:25 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As with the jackstands, I'll vouch for these jacks being 100% top-notch. I have the DK13HLQ, and it's made my life SO much easier!

Note - it is NOT a trackside jack. I would not attempt to schlep that thing back & forth to & from the track. The shorter versions, perhaps, but not the high-lift.
Old 04-17-2004, 03:26 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Jamie,
Count me in for the Hq13HLQ.
Thanks for doing this again.
Old 04-17-2004, 03:42 PM
Jeff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Link

Jamie
I tried the link and it did not open - anyone else having that problem? I need more information -- don't know one jack from another. Thanks for your effort.
Old 04-17-2004, 05:24 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

My pleasure Greg.

Jeff are you having problems with the link to Ultimate Garage or the link on their site to see the jacks? I tried both and they seem to be working. Once you get to Ultimategarage.com.....click on the "tool" link and then scroll down to the jacks section (it is number 6). There are good pics and info on the different models.

I have the DK20 and it fits nicely under my RS height car. The DK20Q is the same jack with the dead lift. For me the dead lift was not a big issue because I like to get down and make sure the jack pad lines up nicely with the jack point before I lift the car. From that position it is easy to reach back and pump the handle to make contact. With the car being as low as it is it only takes a few pumps to make contact.

The next model up the 13HLQ (the one that Robert has) has a longer section at the low height. That is, the 13HLQ will allow you to put the jack further under a lowered car. The DK20 just has enough to get under to the jack points but not really any further. The 13HLQ will also lift the car quite a bit higher.

Hope this helps.

Jamie
Old 04-17-2004, 11:04 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think the 20 also has a higher lifting capacity?

The huge advantage of the 13HLQ is that in order to get a 993 on four jackstands, and have those jackstands situated on the car's jack points, you need to get the car on the front jackstands first, then lift the rear of the car by the engine. The higher you get the front end off the ground, the more the rear bumper drops, blocking the jack's access.

I lift each side of the car by the rear jackpoints first, and a) place the front jackstand (set to TALL), and b) put a pair of 2x12" pieces of lumber under each rear tire. Even with the monster 13HLQ, I need that extra 3.5" of height in the rear to slide the jack under the rear bumper to lift the back of the car by the engine.
Old 04-18-2004, 01:33 AM
solsrch
Pro

Jamie,
Just when I thought it was safe to peruse again . . .
Especially for a guy who is living with a Walmart special, how do I pass this up?
Seriously, thanks for going out there again and taking care of the rest of us!
Joe
Talk to you later.
Old 04-18-2004, 02:08 AM
Rezal
Burning Brakes

I can't even begin to tell you what an awesome guy Jamie is! We met through the jackstand group buy, and having him nearby in Ocean City, I thought he would be a great guy to hang out with occasionally. Well, I've had the pleasure of being with him more than just an occasion, the most recent being at Summit Point last weekend, where Jamie let me crash in at the motel room he was renting with his brother Doug (another great guy). The week prior to Summit Point, Jamie was kind enough to let me borrow his garage (and those marvelous AC jack and jackstands) to do his oil change. Then he went one step further to let me crash at his place the night before *and* got down and dirty with me for the oil change. Oh, and did I mention that he personally delivered the jackstands to me in Philly because he just happened to be in the area?

I guess this just goes to show the kind of friendships that can be formed through Rennlist.
Old 04-18-2004, 09:01 AM
solsrch
Pro

I hope to meet Jamie up at Hershey. I've talked to him on the phone a number of times. He recently completed his PSS-9/TRG sway bar install and I just got my sway bars on Friday (thanks Mark) from another Rennlister. Weekend after next I should be tackling this job but I've already received A TON of tips and help from Jamie. Not to mention the jack stand buy and all the work (including packing) he did. He definitely embodies the spirit of this web community.
Old 04-18-2004, 09:13 AM
Jeff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jamie -- thanks for the info. I opened the "links" link -- nothing there. The tools link was perfect. I haven't made up my mind on the jack -- not much of a DIY guy. However, I would like to install better mufflers at some point. Thanks again.
Old 04-18-2004, 09:17 AM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thank you for the kind words guys. This is all just a buildup for the ultimate group buy.....a race track. Just kidding, kind of.

Robert is corect that the lifting capacity of both jacks is reletivly high.
The 20 series jacks lift to a height of 20" with a reach of 21".
The two upper series jacks have a lift height of 29" with a reach of 32".
Without question the 13HLQ gives you the most versatility with ours cars.

Jamie
Jamie
Old 04-19-2004, 11:48 AM
Rezal
Burning Brakes

I'm bumping this for the benefit of the Monday morning crowd.

Jamie: I'm interested but will give you a buzz later today re: which version I want.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:04 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Jamie,

I'll take a DK13HLQ. It can keep my DK20 happy...

Quick Reply: Group Buy AC Jacks