Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

18" Cup 2 wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2023, 07:44 AM
paranoidandroid
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts

is it just me or do the wheels on your 964 look more like Cup1’s?

Originally Posted by dantonio
I've been researching the various wheel options for my NB car, looking to get a set of monoblock style wheels in an appropriate narrow body fitment as an alternative to my TechArt 3-piece wheels. In my research I found that Mille Miglia once made an 18" replica of the Cup 2 wheel, but it sounds like the quality was quite poor and they were prone to damage. I found a company in Ontario, Augment Wheels, that makes custom forged wheels, and they specialize in slightly improved ("OEM+") designs that can be custom made to any size and fitment. I see they have examples of the Cup 1 wheel on a number of 964s and they look awesome! I was in contact with them recently about making a set of custom 18" Cup 2 wheels and they said no problem! Best of all, the price seems super reasonable ($850 USD/wheel).

Eager to hear opinions on this concept - would anyone else be tempted to do a set of 18" Cup 2s? Any concerns about quality or strength with a custom forged wheel?

Link to an old thread here with some discussion about the MM replicas, with some nice pictures of what I have in mind.
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...ii-wheels.html

Quick Reply: 18" Cup 2 wheels