Instructor

Received 94 Likes on 47 Posts

nvm

Last edited by Clark W Griswold; 06-18-2020 at 02:03 PM. Reason: im dumb
Old 06-18-2020, 03:09 PM
LionelB
Burning Brakes

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts

Well not fun. I still want one But as you said they are out of stock. My local P dealer called today saying they are expecting deliveries end of Aug or Sept only....
Old 06-18-2020, 04:06 PM
darylbowden
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by LionelB
Well not fun. I still want one But as you said they are out of stock. My local P dealer called today saying they are expecting deliveries end of Aug or Sept only....
I ordered one through getPorscheParts.com, they are saying 3-4 weeks shipped from Germany.

X-post from 964:
https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ours-here.html
Old 06-18-2020, 04:23 PM
LionelB
Burning Brakes

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by darylbowden
I ordered one through getPorscheParts.com, they are saying 3-4 weeks shipped from Germany.

X-post from 964:
https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ours-here.html
Yes but it does not look like they have a euro version.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:29 AM
nk993
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by nk993
Thought I would give an update on my issues with this bull**** product. I ended up locating the manufacturer and getting in touch with them. They are called Kraemer Automotive. They were actually very nice and helpful. They walked me through some steps and ultimately determined that the unit is definitely faulty and needs to be replaced. However, they can't do it themselves and the process has to go through Porsche. They said they have even gotten in touch with Porsche directly and informed them.

That is when we get to a hive of incompetence known as Porsche. Everyone at Porsche is playing hot potato and tossing the issue to someone else. Porsche Germany said they have to follow ze processes and handed over the whole case to Porsche UK and I was told to get in touch with my Porsche Center. I got in tough with a few, including the HQ at Reading, and nobody had any information or had heard anything at all. So I got in touch directly with Porsche customer care (for around the 3rd time). They said they also don't have anything from Porsche Germany but to forward them all my communication with Kraemer and proof of purchase. I did. No reply for a couple weeks until I chased them up yet again. Today they get back to me with some bull**** about how I would have to return the product to Teile.com (the distributor I purchased it from). So basically they don't want to honor the warranty on a product that they literally just launched. Teile for their part have been very accommodating and said I can absolutely send it back, but their issue is that they have no stock of other radios and Porsche is out of stock as well. It is also crazy for me to have to uninstall a product, ship it back to Germany, get a new one shipped back, install it again instead of just driving over to Porsche so they can deal with this crap themselves.

I am very exasperated at this point with the incompetence on display by Porsche, the exceptionally poor customer service (this issue has been ongoing for 2 months), and the complete disregard for the quality of the parts they released.

Another update. I just received this ridiculous email: "Dear Mr. xxxx

The warranty on a part is two years from the date that it was supplied by Porsche. We don’t know when this was originally supplied by Porsche, so we don’t know if a warranty applies. We can’t even be sure that it was new when supplied to you. There simply isn’t sufficient information for a Porsche Centre to provide a replacement under warranty, which I imagine is why you’ve encountered difficulty so far."

This is about the new radio. The radio that was released 2 months ago. They cant be sure I did not buy it more than 2 years ago.... Also just FYI, i supplied all receipts, invoiced, purchase proof etc...

Has anyone ever encountered such ridiculousness from Porsche? Any advice on how I should deal with this?
Old 06-22-2020, 08:16 AM
Railmaster.
Three Wheelin'

Received 108 Likes on 79 Posts

This is about the new radio. The radio that was released 2 months ago. They cant be sure I did not buy it more than 2 years ago.... Also just FYI, i supplied all receipts, invoiced, purchase proof etc...

Has anyone ever encountered such ridiculousness from Porsche? Any advice on how I should deal with this?
I have never tried to claim a guarantee directly from Porsche if I bought the part from another company offering genuine Porsche parts.

**** happens, send it back to the company ho sold the unit to You and have a refund, then buy a new one when they are availabe.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:45 AM
Clark W Griswold
Instructor

Received 94 Likes on 47 Posts

send it back and file dispute with credit card you used.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:37 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 390 Posts

Another update. I just received this ridiculous email: "Dear Mr. xxxx

The warranty on a part is two years from the date that it was supplied by Porsche. We don’t know when this was originally supplied by Porsche, so we don’t know if a warranty applies. We can’t even be sure that it was new when supplied to you. There simply isn’t sufficient information for a Porsche Centre to provide a replacement under warranty, which I imagine is why you’ve encountered difficulty so far."

I cannot imagine the frustration you have been encountering, which might be expected by a lesser company for a lesser product, but not from Porsche, which is trying its best to create great experiences with anything Porsche.

The two posts above mine are good ideas. Another is to do one or both of these suggestions: Search LinkedIn for a product manager at PCNA who might handle accessories or the like and write that person a letter along with all of the BS you have encountered and it MIGHT get noticed or some attention. The second idea is to write a similar letter and send it to Porsche and or PCNA on Twitter. I have found Twitter remarkable for getting some attention in large organizations. The reason, I believe, is that someone at Porsche is assigned to monitor Porsche's Twitter account and they probably don't get much action, so they are eager to help when they do. You might do the contact through Twitter's messaging function or, make your letter into a JPEG (not PDF) and tweet it to Porsche and PCNA along with your incredible dissatisfaction with their utter BS.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 06-23-2020, 06:58 AM
Railmaster.
Three Wheelin'

Received 108 Likes on 79 Posts

Whats the fuss? You have talked to the company who sold you the faulty unit (not Porsche) and they offer you to return the unit and have your money back? Right?
Then wait until the units are available again and buy a new one.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:49 PM
Reg Liyanage
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Lightbulb Porsche Classic Radio Thread

I'm thinking of buying a Porsche Classic Radio,
feel free to post some pics and your thoughts!
Old 09-22-2020, 11:51 PM
skl2
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 149 Posts

There are probably 30 of these threads already but I’ll bite because I just installed mine today. Took about an hour and fired right up. Noticed much better sound quality immediately. Love the look and will play more with the functionality this weekend. Glad I did it.
Old 09-23-2020, 01:20 AM
sacman
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by skl2
There are probably 30 of these threads already but I’ll bite because I just installed mine today. Took about an hour and fired right up. Noticed much better sound quality immediately. Love the look and will play more with the functionality this weekend. Glad I did it.
I bought one to replace the after market Alpine but haven't had the chance to install it. Do you have any tips or thread that you follow for instructions to share? Thanks.

QN
Old 09-23-2020, 01:57 AM
Gbos1
Rennlist Member

Received 764 Likes on 536 Posts

The search function is ur friend. Many threads on this already.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:28 AM
nk993
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Here is the main thread, no need for another one: https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...sic-radio.html

Also, do not buy it. It is ****. Ready my posts. Also it is currently on backorder while they resolve the issues I highlighted. It has been on backorder since end of March/early April. Last update I got was "hopefully before end of the year" for when they will get the new, allegedly fixed, batch. If you are able to buy it now, it is from the original potentially damaged batch.

Last edited by nk993; 09-23-2020 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:35 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 779 Likes on 344 Posts

Here is the main thread, no need for another one: https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...sic-radio.html

Also, do not buy it. It is ****. Ready my posts. Also it is currently on backorder while they resolve the issues I highlighted. It has been on backorder since end of March/early April. Last update I got was "hopefully before end of the year" for when they will get the new, allegedly fixed, batch. If you are able to buy it now, it is from the original potentially damaged batch.
installed mine a month ago works terrific.

Quick Reply: Porsche Classic Radio