Sponsored by:

Tramont Cup 2 Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 06:12 PM
alps
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Brig993
Do you know if the rears in NB fitment 10x18 ET59 clear big red rear 993 TT calipers?
My car is fitted with big reds front and rear and the Tramonts fit with no problems. The RS has slightly different brakes than the turbo or 4S but this relates to piston size. As far as I know, the external dimensions of the calipers are the same as the turbo/4S, which is the important thing for wheel clearance. The picture shows the Tramont rear wheel with big red brake.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:21 PM
akrca4
Pro

Received 138 Likes on 64 Posts

GB Pricing and instruction added to first post.
Old 05-08-2018, 02:34 PM
Paseb
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by akrca4
GB Pricing and instruction added to first post.
Do we know shipping cost to Montréal, canada?
Old 05-08-2018, 02:36 PM
Paseb
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 54 Posts

Et 58 or 59 for rear NB car?
Old 05-08-2018, 04:25 PM
akrca4
Pro

Originally Posted by Paseb
Hi Seb:

I wasn't sure if you are still interested in the GB so I didn't ask Tramont specifically for shipping to Montreal, Canada. Just for reference, the previous quote I got from Tramont for shipping to Los Angeles, CA was 670 euro, but it should be cheaper for east coast.
If you are still interested, can you send me your full name and email address so I can add you to the spreadsheet? Also, if you know what offsets you are going with let me know that too. I think we have both et58 and et59 for people with NB, so it's really up to you.

Thanks.

Andy
Old 05-08-2018, 04:48 PM
Brig993
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

Et 58 or 59 for rear NB car?
You can go with either depending on your brake setup, desired look or tire size. I'm debating between 59 and 65 (993RS offset), I'm down for 65s right now. Rears at 59 and 65 will definitely clear big red rear calipers if you have them or plan on adding in the future.
Old 05-08-2018, 06:19 PM
Cowtown10
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a set of Tramont's going on my NB car this week.
et 47 front and et 63 rear
Ill post up some pics when I pick it up if anyone is interested before pulling the trigger on your group buy

Last edited by Cowtown10; 05-08-2018 at 06:50 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:05 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 985 Likes on 571 Posts

650 Euro to Toronto...
Old 05-09-2018, 12:44 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

I am interested in joining in for my Turbo, but have a couple quick questions (checked the thread, did not see answers).

-If shipped to WA for example, I assume the duty is 2.5%, and that the local state does not apply it's sales taxes? I am trying to figure out the total landed cost.
-When I talked to Tramont last year, they wanted a minimum 100 Euro up-charge if you wanted custom coloured centers, I assume everyone is ordering either silver or the GT2 colored centers?

Cheers,

Mike
Old 05-09-2018, 01:52 PM
akrca4
Pro

Hi Mike:

Also got your PM and I have added you to the list. I am not sure for the total landed cost, I guess someone ordered before can help!
For the color center, I can email Christine at Tramont and see. I think there was another RL asked about the different color center. However, Tramont is on vacation this week so we probably won't hear back from them until next week.

Originally Posted by Mike J
I am interested in joining in for my Turbo, but have a couple quick questions (checked the thread, did not see answers).

-If shipped to WA for example, I assume the duty is 2.5%, and that the local state does not apply it's sales taxes? I am trying to figure out the total landed cost.
-When I talked to Tramont last year, they wanted a minimum 100 Euro up-charge if you wanted custom coloured centers, I assume everyone is ordering either silver or the GT2 colored centers?

Cheers,

Mike
Old 05-09-2018, 02:18 PM
Brig993
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike J

Cheers,

Mike
Typically there should not be any sales tax due. Tramont does not have a physical presence in the USA but it depends on your state and how aggressive they are in collecting it or if they have an amazon. Someone reported paying $50 duty on the wheels maybe Pdaddy or those who ordered recently can chime in? I'm figuring all in somewhere around $3100-$3300 depending on shipping location and wheel options.

Does anyone know if we could realize additional savings by shipping a few sets to one location then we pick them up from there for example I see one or two zip codes on the list that are less than 20 miles from me; maybe we could have Tramont send those sets to one of our locations if the savings were significant enough?
Old 05-09-2018, 02:23 PM
akrca4
Pro

I am still waiting for Tramont on the combined shipping quote. Chuck, Manual911, and I are planning to have our wheels shipped to the same location. We will see what they come up with...

Originally Posted by Brig993
Does anyone know if we could realize additional savings by shipping a few sets to one location then we pick them up from there for example I see one or two zip codes on the list that are less than 20 miles from me; maybe we could have Tramont send those sets to one of our locations if the savings were significant enough?
Old 05-09-2018, 06:27 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

A bit more info - when I talked to them last year they did not supply any center caps. If you order the darker centers (ala GT2 or custom) you will need to match that color and have them painted. The centers of these wheels are painted using an epoxy that used the european RAL color codes, which will need to be matched by a local painter.

I am not sure if the silver color matches the standard silver color of the porsche centercaps, it might be close enough. Personally, I want a darker center color which contrasts really well with my Arena Red Turbo.

I will try to dig up some of the emails from Christine to add to the thread.

cheers

mike
Old 05-09-2018, 08:35 PM
rlme36
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts

The quote I have from earlier this year for the grey centers was 120 euro.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:26 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

From my conversations last year with Christine at Tramont - difficult to tell colors on a computer screen though - below are some snippets of that conversation:

Colors:
- "mat metal anthracite grey, its rather dark"

- "close to GT2, 9023 RAL + gloss coating" - "RAL 9023 is not as dark as the anthracite grey and is approaching the GT2 grey" - it was quoted then as 25 euros/wheel.

- "standard silver grey, its lighter than 9023 RAL" - "Our silver grey matches the color of the Porsche center caps." - I think this is a standard no cost color

As far as them doing colors, Christine said

We use epoxy paint with RAL code which needs to be cooked in oven, so we can not deliver a sample or small quantity.
We have one color which approaches this grey, RAL code : 9023 (it's a pearl dark grey approaching the GT2 GREY).
For your center caps color to match this grey you will have to look for a color with the same RAL code 9023 and have you center caps painted.
If you choose to have your wheels painted in other color than our standard silver grey, there will be an extra charge of 25,00 € per wheel
Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Mike

Quick Reply: Tramont Cup 2 Group Buy