The following users liked this post:
mysushi (09-29-2022)
Old 09-26-2022, 05:42 AM
palladio
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Nyx
+1 set here.

Let’s get this going again for another round. I’m in no rush but would like to see an order by years end.
I’m still in for a set for my NB 993 if a group buy is possible.
Old 09-26-2022, 05:46 AM
palladio
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FLYT993

brushed.
That must be a wide body. So polished rims and brushed centers instead of anodized or powder coated? Looks great!
Old 09-26-2022, 10:50 PM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

she's not a wide body. but the wheels have been expanded from 10 to 10.5...yes, brushed faces and polished lips. thanks!!
Old 09-27-2022, 11:06 AM
listnner
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

she's not a wide body. but the wheels have been expanded from 10 to 10.5...yes, brushed faces and polished lips. thanks!!
What ET are your wheels ?
Old 09-28-2022, 11:36 AM
palladio
Rennlist Member

Also, are you running 265/35 standard tires on the rear?
Old 09-28-2022, 04:16 PM
listnner
Instructor

Originally Posted by 95_993
I did +58 on the rears and it’s perfect on NB.

Did you have to roll your rear arches to accommodate ET58 ?
Are those 265/35 18 tires ?
Old 09-28-2022, 09:02 PM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

original 10x18 ET65
modified 10.5x18 ET59

i’m running 285/35 with rolled lips. still rub a little on hard compressions.
Old 09-28-2022, 09:41 PM
listnner
Instructor

original 10x18 ET65
modified 10.5x18 ET59

i’m running 285/35 with rolled lips. still rub a little on hard compressions.
Wow, 285/35 is a tall tire to pair with an aggressive offset, so theoretically it may not rub at all if you dropped to 285/30.
I am trying to work up the best ET for my wheel build (10.5 x 17)
Old 09-29-2022, 10:09 AM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 188 Posts

$hit show 2.0 regarding shipping for me.

Back in 2013, I ordered a set of Tramont Cups for my C4S. At that time Tramont did not arrange shipping, that was my responsibility. The ensuing shipping was stunningly complicated. In a nutshell…shipper refused to accept them in two boxes, demanded they be palletized. That changed the shipping to “large freight “, and instead of $230ish, now $1500ish. Stop shipment ordered, but with the time difference…didn’t hit the parcel until it was on the ground in Tennessee. Where it was then immediately sent back to France…”large freight, another $1500ish, AND damaged. The whole thing ended when a Rennlister knew the CEO of FED EX, and sent him the mindless ramblings from me on these very pages. There was eventually a happy ending.

So, I wanted set for the new to me 03 Boxster S…I reached out to Christine directly, asked if she remembered that ill fated first order all those years ago. Yes she did indeed, and while the discount I was provided wasn’t 10%, the order went in.

So, now those wheels are sitting in Cleveland, Ohio(day 2) awaiting me to submit DOT/import paperwork. But…and this is where I get completely confused…Tramont nor DHL seem to know how to provide that paperwork. I spent hours yesterday, and essentially been on this since 6am EST today, when Christine again alerted me about the paperwork need.

It’s like she hasn’t done this 50+ times previously.

Remarkable to believe…

Anyway…I assume that everyone here who bought these lovely wheels previously from Tramont…had to submit the same import documents. Anyone remember the process, cause it’s apparent that Tramont doesn’t.

Old 09-29-2022, 10:15 AM
Tdubs32
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Magdaddy

Back in 2013, I ordered a set of Tramont Cups for my C4S. At that time Tramont did not arrange shipping, that was my responsibility. The ensuing shipping was stunningly complicated. In a nutshell…shipper refused to accept them in two boxes, demanded they be palletized. That changed the shipping to “large freight “, and instead of $230ish, now $1500ish. Stop shipment ordered, but with the time difference…didn’t hit the parcel until it was on the ground in Tennessee. Where it was then immediately sent back to France…”large freight, another $1500ish, AND damaged. The whole thing ended when a Rennlister knew the CEO of FED EX, and sent him the mindless ramblings from me on these very pages. There was eventually a happy ending.

So, I wanted set for the new to me 03 Boxster S…I reached out to Christine directly, asked if she remembered that ill fated first order all those years ago. Yes she did indeed, and while the discount I was provided wasn’t 10%, the order went in.

So, now those wheels are sitting in Cleveland, Ohio(day 2) awaiting me to submit DOT/import paperwork. But…and this is where I get completely confused…Tramont nor DHL seem to know how to provide that paperwork. I spent hours yesterday, and essentially been on this since 6am EST today, when Christine again alerted me about the paperwork need.

Remarkable to believe…

Anyway…I assume that everyone here who bought these lovely wheels previously from Tramont…had to submit the same import documents. Anyone remember the process, cause it’s apparent that Tramont doesn’t.
maybe check with Darin at Fister as he is a reseller. I know he gets these regular for customers.
Old 09-29-2022, 12:12 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Tdubs32
maybe check with Darin at Fister as he is a reseller. I know he gets these regular for customers.
I’m sure you’ll pay a bit more going through FD as opposed to directly through Christine at Tramont.
Old 09-29-2022, 12:16 PM
Tdubs32
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by P-daddy
I’m sure you’ll pay a bit more going through FD as opposed to directly through Christine at Tramont.
Likely, but I was thinking more with regards to the import paperwork the poster was inquiring about. Wasn't implying the group buy. The poster already purchased the wheels direct.
Old 09-29-2022, 04:15 PM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy

Remarkable to believe…

Too funny (in a bad way.) I ordered a replacement wheel in July (they went on vacation for a month) and she instructed me to submit paperwork to DHL last week. I asked how, because it wasn't obvious on their website. She responded to my inquiry to her for instructions asking ME how to submit to DHL because "another customer" was having trouble, I responded thinking she meant to send someone else the email, but Im guessing she ignored/missed my prior email and asked me to help you.

For what its worth, when I bought the wheels a few years ago, there was none of this headache. But yes, it was Christine both times so you'd think she would have a handle on it.

If you figure it out, please let me know.
Old 09-29-2022, 04:20 PM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 106 Posts

Ok, found the old emails from 2018:

TJ,

Please find the DHL tracking number of your parcels :1694827654

According to the tracking result just 1 parcel appears since the beginning although we send 2. I do not know why and I still am waiting for DHL to give me an explanation.

Could you please try to contact them and see how many parcels they have ?

You will also need to give them your tax ID number and fill the DOT form and statement of intended use (see enclosed).

Once you have paid the customs the parcels remain on hold at the customs about 5-6 days.

Please keep me informed.

Best Regards
​​​​​​​Christine,

They contacted me and sent me the DOT form, I have already returned it. They have not asked for a Tax ID or a statement of use.

I will call them tomorrow and let you know what they say.

Thank you.
​​​​​​​Christine,

Before I got a chance to call, all 4 wheels were delivered.
Apparently DHL contacted me directly. I was never given instructions.

Quick Reply: Tramont Cup 2 Group Buy