*UPDATE* - RennTT - Special LWF Offer

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 07:25 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *UPDATE* - RennTT - Special LWF Offer

***This was already cleared with John***

As many of you know, I have started a business selling Porsche parts and doing installation services here in the Bay Area. The name of my new company is RennTT Motosports. I decided to establish a company to provide products and services to Porsche folks at hopefully reasonable prices. I have been a Porsche fanatic for a number of years, and now I am channeling my passion. At this moment, I am a Distributor for The Racers Group Products, Brembo, Bilstein, Fabspeed, Recaro, Intercomp, Pagid and a few others as well as just about any factory part. I will also be adding Sparco hopefully very soon. I am a little premature here as my website is just being completed, but I want to kick things off.

I will also be carrying a lot of common Porsche Parts in inventory, and my door is always open so those of you in the Bay Area that need a part , bolt, brake fluid, or whatever late at night or on the weekends, do not hesitate to give me a call.

So with Christmas just around the corner I have the following special to offer. This is not a group buy, minimum # of orders, etc. The price is the price whether one person or ten people want to take advantage. The offer is for a complete Light Weight Flywheel set up as follows:

Package 1 993 N/A Cars
RS Lightweight Flywheel
RS Clutch Disc
RS Pressure Plate
GT2 throwout bearing (these are more expensive than RS and better)
Starter Ring Gear
Guide Tube for Throwout Bearing
Pilot Bushing
Flywheel Bolts
Pressure Plate Bolts
Crankshaft Rear Main Seal (always a good idea to replace if you're there)

Total Price $1250

Package 2 993TT Cars
Same as above except for a TT Pressure Plate instead of the RS Pressure Plate

Total Price $1300

Package 3 BIG HP Turbo 993TTs Guess which package I have???
This has the brand new Sachs GT2 Pressure plate with 1100nm (800 lb feet) of clamping force (List price is $1199 on this part alone ). Also included is a special clutch disc with a sprung hub that is organic on one side, and buttons on the other for smooth engagment on the street, and great clamping power at the track.

Total Price $1500

One option for all packages would be to replace the fork shaft and bearings. This would be an additional $90.

The only additional costs would be tax (8.25%) if I ship to California residents, and then the actual shipping costs.

One last part of this is that for every unit I sell between now and Christmas, I will be donating $50 to Toys for Tots, and will post the receipt (for those skeptics )...

This offer is good until 1/15/04.

Thanks and please let me know if you have any questions, or how I can help.

Bob
RennTT Motorsports
bob@renntt.com

Last edited by viperbob; 01-08-2004 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-11-2003, 07:54 PM
YellowC4S
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now all you newbies know why we told you to stay away from ViperBob...lol...
Old 12-11-2003, 07:59 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

ViperBob,

You complete and utter dirty dog. My xmas list is full to overflowing, and now this "must have" clutch deal comes along. I'm already on Santa's "naughty" list, and can't add anything else. Have you no mercy? Gadzooks.

How much labor to install the TT unit? Can you accept Beanie Babies and Pokemon Cards? (yes, I'm not beyond stealing from my kids, that's the evil you inspire)
Old 12-11-2003, 08:00 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Viperbob, can you PM me an installed price as I am in SoCal but would be willing to drive up for this! Thanks. Oh, I have a 993 NA.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:05 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

The GT2 PP and LWF is just terrific, I had it on my 3.8 and it might be on the TT...hmmmm...awesome price Bob! Congrats and best wishes on your new venture. If You need the assistance of my PMS or German connects just let me know.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:15 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Thanks Glen. So is there a new home for that awesome Turbo???
Old 12-11-2003, 08:29 PM
Greg H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Bob-

Are you installing these too? Post here or PM me the installation cost.

Greg H.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:30 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Not yet, lots of tire kicking going on. I drove it to work today and whew it is fast! Definitely faster in acceleration than the 996 Supercup. There is like 20 mins left in the auction so we will see if somebody is for real soon. Let me know if You need anything and again best wishes on the new adventure! I will be buying a motorcycle in N.Cal soon and will stop in to see You before I drive it home. Going to run down 1 ,visit my son and do a few other things enroute I have always wanted to do. If any of You guys know of a fresh BMW GS or K 1200 RS or GT thats what I will buy to make the trip back. Give me the heads up if You see one, heck I would take it as partial trade on the TT.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:32 PM
poorb0yw
Addict
Rennlist Member

HI Bob-

Look like great prices. Best of luck with your growing business. Hopefully someday I will be able to do the same.
Old 12-11-2003, 09:39 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Bob,
Congrats on the new venture.
those are great prices. Not that I would know I sure am glad your all the way up north!!

did I read right? Glen is on his way to CA?......I've got to hide my checkbook. For you newbies...Glen IS DARTH VADER, stay far away from him, If you thought car salesman had the ability to take your cash....noooooooo wayyyyyy....Glen makes them seem harmless!!! FWIW I was going to let Glen manage my Portfolio......he did.....I have no $$$$ left!!
Old 12-11-2003, 10:05 PM
KRA993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi Bob,

Congratulations and good luck. Is there anyway to quantify the difference in street driveability of your two TT packages. Is the pedal feel much different, will my wife notice it? Which package would you recommend for a car with k24's and upgraded ecu?
Old 12-11-2003, 10:33 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Keith,

Thanks.

The nice thing with the Turbos is that the power assisted clutch hides the extra pressure required for the GT2 pressure plate. I have no noticable difference in driving with the High HP setup in my car. With the K24s and your ECU I'd go with the GT2 pressure plate. You'll NEVER have any issue then..
Old 12-11-2003, 10:35 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Well Phil,

If you want to get some of your money back, I'd take those BBS wheels you got from Glen off your hands..

Just trying to help you out..
Old 12-11-2003, 10:42 PM
KRA993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bob,

Thanks, now lets talk about your install rates

Old 12-11-2003, 10:46 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Originally posted by viperbob
Well Phil,

If you want to get some of your money back, I'd take those BBS wheels you got from Glen off your hands..

Just trying to help you out..
*blush* a--hem....cough cough......Bob, My car is stock.....?? wheels and all!

Quick Reply: *UPDATE* - RennTT - Special LWF Offer