Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*UPDATE* - RennTT - Special LWF Offer

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 11:00 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best of luck Bob. Hope it takes of for you.

Now; my wish list is a GT2 front and rear spoiler and some Recaro RS seats.........
Old 12-11-2003, 11:27 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

There are a lot of questions locally on installations. At this time, I am just getting some new space and can not do the installations myself until well into late January. There is another very excellent person here in the area that would be able to do any installs required. His name is Tony Colicchio, and is the owner of TC Design www.tcdesignfab.com He is aware of the need here is able to handle any installations needed in the Bay Area. He does excellent work, and is very reasonable. Install times are roughly 6 hours for a C2 and 10 hours for a Turbo or C4S (that darn big tranny does cause a problem here) and Tony charges a modest $75 / hour.

So for a complete installation on a C2 you are WELL under $2k for a complete install with the LFW. Even with a Turbo with the badest setup around, you are under $2500. And if anyone wants to see the setup in a Turbo, I can arrange test rides....

I hope this helps the folks locally.

Thanks.

Last edited by viperbob; 12-11-2003 at 11:48 PM.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:38 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

wow....great prices Bob!!! Congrats on your new venture!
Old 12-11-2003, 11:52 PM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 512 Likes on 229 Posts

Congratulations on your new endeavor. If I may be of any help, please let me know.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:59 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Originally posted by ScottMellor
Best of luck Bob. Hope it takes of for you.

Now; my wish list is a GT2 front and rear spoiler and some Recaro RS seats.........
Thanks Scott..

By coincidence, I am just taking over a narrow body nose and a GT2 spoiler to the paint shop tomorrow. The GT2 tail will have to wait until after I mount my new big brakes that will be here tomorrow along with the RS rear calipers...

Old 12-12-2003, 12:04 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,055 Likes on 2,851 Posts

What do the fork shaft and bearing do? Is this recommended for all customers? Is there a short life for these pieces?

Thanks! And thanks for posting the sweet deal
Old 12-12-2003, 12:43 AM
nels415
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Bob,

Damn you! This was my next planned mod, but I'm not ready for it yet! Actually I could come by tomorrow night for the rear sway if you want? Then that will leave your weekend wide open.

-nelson
Old 12-12-2003, 05:14 AM
EricGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bob,

When is the grand opening of the new shop?
Old 12-12-2003, 10:29 AM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Hi Bob..!

First - I want to take a moment and offer Jen's and my sincerest wishes for continued success and prosperity with your business..!!! And Welcome again as a Rennlist Sponsor!!

Second - about these package prices...... FANTASTIC!!!!! (I told Jen about your post last night, and I still have some convincing to do that a "LWF" is a "maintenance item" and NOT an upgrade. She is still a little skeptical .. Wish me luck!!!
Old 12-12-2003, 12:49 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Kim,

That is a good idea, but I think he is going to need a little traction in the rear wheels, so if the roads are still wet or snowy this could be a problem. Maybe if you started in the garage to get some traction and then dumped the clutch ***Warning*** It would be best to back into the garage and then leave the garage door OPEN when attempting this maneuver...

Also, brake torques work. It is a little tricky with a stick, but doable. Maybe some carefully sprayed oil into the clutch area could help...

Just trying to help you out John. Then all you need to do is call Abe Anderson to help rectify the poor clutch situation. I'm sure he would love to take your car apart...

Old 12-12-2003, 01:02 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts
Default Re: RennTT Motorsports - Special LWF Offer

Originally posted by viperbob
[B]

Package 3 BIG HP Turbo 993TTs Guess which package I have???
This has the brand new Sachs GT2 Pressure plate with 1100nm (800 lb feet) of clamping force (List price is $1199 on this part alone ). Also included is a special clutch disc with a sprung hub that is organic on one side, and buttons on the other for smooth engagment on the street, and great clamping power at the track.

Total Price $1500
Bob
Do you have this clutch package fitted ?
Can you describe the disc take up compared with stock and sintered.
Thanks
Old 12-12-2003, 02:09 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Yes TB993TT, I have the HIGH HP one fitted to my car right now. Here are the pictures of the disc. One one side is a strong organic material, and the other side is a carbon button style.

It holds the torque great at high RPMs, especially with the new GT2 Pressure Plate. The nice thing on the street with stop and go driving is that it is very compliant. You can slip it a little to make nice smooth engagements... It requires just a little more in the RPM department to engage smoothly from a stop. This is a little caused by the clutch, and a little caused by the lighter flywheel.

If you want the carbon buttons on both sides, that can be done at the same price. Now I have not tried that personally, so I do not know how smooth the engagements would be. It would still have a sprung hub, so that should help..
Old 12-12-2003, 04:17 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,717 Likes on 2,344 Posts

bob, congrats on your new business.
now i am really afraid to even go close to your neighborhood fearing what i might come home with!!!

i vouch for tony colicchio as well. does a great job worked on my porsches and miatas. i drive about 70min in heavy traffic just so he can work on my machines!
Old 12-12-2003, 04:56 PM
cfdarch
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Bob

Is your LWF different from the one Gert sells??? If so how??? thanks in advance and good luck in your new adventure.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:23 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Cary,

I can not and won't compare my offerings to any other vendor on Rennlist. I do not feel that it would be appropriate. I can only tell you the components that I have assembled with the pricing. It is up to you then to make the decision as to which offering best suites your purposes. I hope you understand.

Thanks...

Last edited by viperbob; 12-12-2003 at 06:25 PM.

Quick Reply: *UPDATE* - RennTT - Special LWF Offer