Sponsored by:

Looking for opinions on base 911 build

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2024, 04:17 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 901 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by whatsshakin
Guess I’m the only husky guy in the thread, but at 5’10 200lbs the 18 (and 4) way seats pinched uncomfortably in a way the 14 way did not. Seriously go and try and sit in all the options before dropping six figures on a car. I’m very glad as I did, otherwise I’d be stuck with a car I couldn’t sit in.
Strange because from the photos at least, it looks like the 4 way standard (non-sport-plus) seats have the least aggressive side bolstering, so should pinch the least.
Old 02-15-2024, 04:51 PM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 114 Posts

That's a really nice build OP. Are you planning to keep the car for a while or will you be looking to move into an upgrade soon after owning it. I say the latter because a lot of folks end up doing it. So Spec accordingly as some options don't provide value that others would.

I had ACC in my 992S and hardly used it. When I did use it, I thought it was an interesting feature but at $2,000 it was a easy-no on my next Spec.
I'm surprised by the number of rattles in the vehicle, I could tell my 992 S had door rattles but the car was so loud that it often didn't matter. With that said, I wouldn't skip out on extended fuel tank for that reason.

Old 02-15-2024, 05:31 PM
ctdwp
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by itrocks4u
That's a really nice build OP. Are you planning to keep the car for a while or will you be looking to move into an upgrade soon after owning it. I say the latter because a lot of folks end up doing it. So Spec accordingly as some options don't provide value that others would.

I had ACC in my 992S and hardly used it. When I did use it, I thought it was an interesting feature but at $2,000 it was a easy-no on my next Spec.
I'm surprised by the number of rattles in the vehicle, I could tell my 992 S had door rattles but the car was so loud that it often didn't matter. With that said, I wouldn't skip out on extended fuel tank for that reason.
I would like to keep it for four years...my history says I might not make it to three. I'm not sure the ACC will get used much, except for an infrequent long road trip. I was intrigued about how it makes the PDK shifting more intelligent, per detansinn's earlier post. I'm just not sure if that translates into a real noticeable difference. I am not encouraged by your rattles...they really drive me crazy.
Old 02-15-2024, 05:46 PM
remington
Burning Brakes

Received 1,448 Likes on 517 Posts

Originally Posted by ctdwp
I would like to keep it for four years...my history says I might not make it to three. I'm not sure the ACC will get used much, except for an infrequent long road trip. I was intrigued about how it makes the PDK shifting more intelligent, per detansinn's earlier post. I'm just not sure if that translates into a real noticeable difference. I am not encouraged by your rattles...they really drive me crazy.
I use ACC a lot in my Base but I commute to work in it, a lifesaver in stop and go California traffic, may not be how you will use yours. If rattles bother you, the 992 is going to be tough to love, I hate rattles also but a stiff-suspension sports car is going to rattle. I've had to come to terms with it.
Old 02-15-2024, 05:52 PM
ctdwp
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by remington
I use ACC a lot in my Base but I commute to work in it, a lifesaver in stop and go California traffic, may not be how you will use yours. If rattles bother you, the 992 is going to be tough to love, I hate rattles also but a stiff-suspension sports car is going to rattle. I've had to come to terms with it.
No commute and do not sit in traffic a lot (usually, I can avoid highways during rush hour)...the exception would be getting stuck in traffic on a long road trip. Do you feel the benefit your ACC has on PDK shifting?
Old 02-15-2024, 06:08 PM
remington
Burning Brakes

Received 1,448 Likes on 517 Posts

Originally Posted by ctdwp
No commute and do not sit in traffic a lot (usually, I can avoid highways during rush hour)...the exception would be getting stuck in traffic on a long road trip. Do you feel the benefit your ACC has on PDK shifting?
Not particularly. I just wouldn't own a modern vehicle without ACC. The exception would be a track car. Porsche charging $2k for ACC in 2024 when it's standard in almost every base-trim economy car from Japan is possibly the most egregious price gouge of all the Porsche options, and that's saying a lot.

Last edited by remington; 02-15-2024 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-15-2024, 08:34 PM
mcacs1
Instructor

Received 116 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by remington
I use ACC quite a bit as well on my daily commute. For a daily driver, it's a very useful feature (to me at least). FYI, I have LCA, but I refused to get LKA.
Old 02-15-2024, 09:56 PM
whatsshakin
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
Strange because from the photos at least, it looks like the 4 way standard (non-sport-plus) seats have the least aggressive side bolstering, so should pinch the least.
Sorry, I meant the 4 way sport-plus, not the 4 way sport/comfort seats :-)

Quick Reply: Looking for opinions on base 911 build