Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for opinions on base 911 build

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2024, 06:56 PM
meyecul
Pro

Received 377 Likes on 210 Posts

I Like others have said, I would ditch the FAL. With no driveway issues its a definitely not needed on the base. I have 2023 GT Silver C2 and even when approaching something that I would think could be questionable, it has is always been fine. In really really questionable situations then you can always approach at a bit of an angle to ease your mind further.

On the color. I love my GT Silver and at the same time also love my chalk Macan GTS, so have lived with both types (arctic and chalk while not the same, still in the family idea with one another). Just remember colors like chalk and arctic have become so common place trendy by so many brands, the one thing to say about a GT silver 911 is its timeless and will never go out of style. So perhaps think about how long you intend to keep the car as it may help with deciding your color choice. Whatever you choose, buy for you, not the next owner.

I would do the crests like others have mentioned. I have the full leather in black with sportex seat centers, chalk stitching (which should just be called white) and crests. They are so little $$ in the scheme of it all and add nice touch imo.

Since your interior choice and mine are along the same lines, one thing I wish I would have known was to add the interior trim in "light" silver. I wanted the contrast just as it shows in the configurator to break up the black a bit. BUT, the trim is misrepresented in the configurator. It shows as light silver as standard and when you select the light silver option box, nothing changes. I actually checked this when building my car but did not select the light silver option as it appeared to be no difference, so figured why spend the $. What you actually get as standard what is what they call dark silver, which should just be called dark gray as its not silver at all. This includes the interior door handles as well. On a side note, do not confuse what I am saying with the aluminum interior trim option. That is light silver as well in tone but also takes away the standard textured detail replacing with actual smooth aluminum. Many like the dark silver and I think it ended up looking overall fine as well, but still would have preferred what my eye was seeing in the configurator when building.

Last edited by meyecul; 02-12-2024 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-12-2024, 07:26 PM
edofloat
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 68 Posts

Drop the FAL, and black wheels, with the savings you could get the exclusive wheels and add black to those if you wanted. The exclusive wheels look awesome with your build.
Old 02-12-2024, 07:34 PM
ctdwp
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nvbirdman
I would include adaptive cruise control.
I considered it, but I only use it for really long road trips, which will probably not be done in this car. I might use it for traffic but don't sit in much of that.
Old 02-12-2024, 07:36 PM
ctdwp
Advanced

Originally Posted by meyecul
I Like others have said, I would ditch the FAL. With no driveway issues its a definitely not needed on the base. I have 2023 GT Silver C2 and even when approaching something that I would think could be questionable, it has is always been fine. In really really questionable situations then you can always approach at a bit of an angle to ease your mind further.

On the color. I love my GT Silver and at the same time also love my chalk Macan GTS, so have lived with both types (arctic and chalk while not the same, still in the family idea with one another). Just remember colors like chalk and arctic have become so common place trendy by so many brands, the one thing to say about a GT silver 911 is its timeless and will never go out of style. So perhaps think about how long you intend to keep the car as it may help with deciding your color choice. Whatever you choose, buy for you, not the next owner.

I would do the crests like others have mentioned. I have the full leather in black with sportex seat centers, chalk stitching (which should just be called white) and crests. They are so little $$ in the scheme of it all and add nice touch imo.

Since your interior choice and mine are along the same lines, one thing I wish I would have known was to add the interior trim in "light" silver. I wanted the contrast just as it shows in the configurator to break up the black a bit. BUT, the trim is misrepresented in the configurator. It shows as light silver as standard and when you select the light silver option box, nothing changes. I actually checked this when building my car but did not select the light silver option as it appeared to be no difference, so figured why spend the $. What you actually get as standard what is what they call dark silver, which should just be called dark gray as it's real not silver at all. This includes the interior door handles as well. On a side note, do not confuse what I am saying with the aluminum interior trim option. That is light silver as well in tone but also takes away the standard textured detail replacing with actual smooth aluminum. Many like the dark silver and I think it ended up looking overall fine as well, but still would have preferred what my eye was seeing in the configurator when building.
Great feedback on the interior trim.
Old 02-12-2024, 07:41 PM
Andig
6th Gear

Received 14 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adrianp89
I would drop power steering plus and upgrade to the 18 ways. I just like the way the seats look, they look more like sport car seats. I would also go high gloss and the wheels since you packaged other high gloss black. I would also drop the sports exhaust (this can be programmed). I would also consider the 930 interior package.
Definitely agree on upgrading to the 18 ways and the 930 package really lifts the interior (to my eyes anyway). The pic attached is my 18 ways in black with chalk stictching, embossed headrests and the 930 package.

Old 02-12-2024, 08:37 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 902 Likes on 504 Posts

This "interior inlays" option, I notice it comes in a lot of different trims - leather, aluminum, the color of the car itself, etc. See what each of them looks like in the configurator.

Last edited by nyca; 02-12-2024 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-12-2024, 08:40 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,096 Likes on 655 Posts

Good advice above.
You really need to sit in the seats if you can. I’ve had both and my wife and I much prefer the 18s.
Wheels are literally the easiest things to change. Put that money towards an aftermarket set if you wish.
I’ve never had FAL. You can buy a lot of spoiler lips for $3k.
I wouldn’t pay extra for painted logos but I always delete them anyhow.
Agate is less but I’m not a fan of the darker flat colors so just ignore me.

Old 02-12-2024, 08:53 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,199 Likes on 1,373 Posts

My only comment is this: get a T so you get the go-fast parts you've had to add in at high costs included in base T form.
Old 02-12-2024, 09:19 PM
30YrDream
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by meyecul
... one thing I wish I would have known was to add the interior trim in "light" silver. ... Many like the dark silver and I think it ended up looking overall fine as well, but still would have preferred what my eye was seeing in the configurator when building.
Any real photos to share? I'm interested in seeing the difference too. Thanks Rennlist.
Old 02-13-2024, 07:07 AM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

GT Silver colored interior trim

The following users liked this post:
ctdwp (02-13-2024)
Old 02-13-2024, 07:16 AM
PanHopeful
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Is the 911 on the right side of the trim a factory option?

Originally Posted by Scott P
GT Silver colored interior trim

The following users liked this post:
30YrDream (02-13-2024)
Old 02-13-2024, 07:25 AM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

No, I ordered it from Suncoast
Old 02-13-2024, 08:13 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,442 Likes on 911 Posts

If available, get extended range fuel tank. At $280, best value on entire option list.
The following 2 users liked this post by Fullyield:
Jaye Bass (02-13-2024), yrralis1 (02-13-2024)
Old 02-13-2024, 08:24 AM
PanHopeful
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks!
Originally Posted by Scott P
No, I ordered it from Suncoast
Old 02-13-2024, 10:25 AM
ctdwp
Advanced

Originally Posted by Fullyield
If available, get extended range fuel tank. At $280, best value on entire option list.
I have read about a noise issue related to the extended range tank...is that still an issue on the 2024's?

Quick Reply: Looking for opinions on base 911 build