992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992.2 Info

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 08:39 PM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Location: Right below the Northern Lights, when not travelling all around.
Received 177 Likes on 106 Posts

Last edited by TheGreatJ; 05-08-2024 at 08:58 PM. Reason: double post
Old 05-08-2024, 08:44 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,268 Likes on 640 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGreatJ
The turn signals will continue to be on the sides but the daytime running lights (horizontal strips) that used to be in the front bumper are now accommodated into the main light units. Not sure whether they will somehow show the turn signals as well..

I don't like the new rear lights that are on "two levels". The single light bar that came along with the 992 was just perfect (especially in the dark). No need to make it any more complicated with another light bar(s) under it. Not sure that I understand this change stylistically. I'm sure it's because of whatever is still under the tape concerning the PORSCHE logo but still..

The new rear bumper is ok, very much like GT3, although the exhaust pipes could be closer together, again as in the GT3. The front continues to look a bit unfinished. That's the biggest issue to me.

Not yet sure whether I like the new front light units either (the old ones, especially the matrix ones, were pretty close to perfection as well). Neither am I not sure whether I like the new engine grill at the back. Somehow the old one was more simplistic as were the other elements that are now bound to be changed. Why? - remains a mystery..
Turn Signals appear to definitely be going to in the headlights. Not sure how you think otherwise when there are vidoes of the blinkers in the headlights.
The following users liked this post:
alaris (05-09-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 08:45 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,902 Likes on 1,071 Posts

Looks far more aggressive with the centered exhaust tips and the protruding front lip. Wheels are more like the ubiquitous aftermarket split fives. Not sure where I stand on the auto radiator grills. Reminds me of catfish gills.

Overall a decent evolution. I'm sure I'm biased but I prefer the .1 to this supposed iteration.
Old 05-08-2024, 09:02 PM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Location: Right below the Northern Lights, when not travelling all around.
Received 177 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by slc4s
Turn Signals appear to definitely be going to in the headlights. Not sure how you think otherwise when there are vidoes of the blinkers in the headlights.
That's correct. I think they use both the main units and the side indictors for the blinkers (the first to signal towards the front and the latter towards the sides) but what's definitely gone are the daytime running light strips from the front bumper. I don't think that I have seen a "stripped" mule completely without the side indicators though or then I am completely confused at this point.

Last edited by TheGreatJ; 05-08-2024 at 09:03 PM.
Old 05-08-2024, 11:30 PM
CurryPuff
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Dream in PTS
Why would your incoming GTS fall through?
I haven't signed any paperwork, dealer hasn't charged me for a deposit and they are about 300 miles away from me. All I have is a used car purchase from them, but have heard from two folks so far (different parts of the country), where their car got sold off to someone else who was willing to pay a much higher ADM.
I'll also add, someone here did not have a nice experience with the same SA as I have.

The chances of this happening to me are extremely slim, but until I sign on the dotted line, it ain't mine.

Last edited by CurryPuff; 05-08-2024 at 11:32 PM.
Old 05-09-2024, 12:29 AM
soguinness
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by CurryPuff
I haven't signed any paperwork, dealer hasn't charged me for a deposit and they are about 300 miles away from me. All I have is a used car purchase from them, but have heard from two folks so far (different parts of the country), where their car got sold off to someone else who was willing to pay a much higher ADM.
I'll also add, someone here did not have a nice experience with the same SA as I have.

The chances of this happening to me are extremely slim, but until I sign on the dotted line, it ain't mine.
May I know which dealership? I will try something.
Old 05-09-2024, 12:42 AM
dchang81
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

Relying on what sounds like a scummy dealer seems odd to me
Old 05-09-2024, 12:59 AM
CurryPuff
Rennlist Member

Not comfortable disclosing the dealer on a public forum. Happy to talk via DM if you want.
I'm not overly concerned about what I mentioned above as I've had good interactions with the people there when I was picking up my current Porsche. My SA doesn't come across as the most switched on person in terms of sports cars (I'm not expecting an expert in any way). From allocation being offered till today, my buying a new car experience has been a few texts back forth on pricing and a phone call justifying an ADM (smaller than what I was reading about at the time, but certainly not MSRP), and probably 6 emails with my code and some small changes to it.

Would I have liked a nicer/personal experience when spec'ing a 190k car, yes, but then again I'm getting the car I want, so meh the rest is all fluff.
Old 05-09-2024, 01:20 AM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Are you able to see your order on TYD?
Old 05-09-2024, 01:24 AM
CurryPuff
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Shogunade
Are you able to see your order on TYD?
I've had the confirmation number from the day I accepted the allocation and gave a temp build code. Everything is in TYD. The car is at the port now and I have 2 of the four photos.
Again, not concerned about the delivery, but initially thought it was weird that despite asking for my cc details and a deposit of 5k to confirm the allocation, it was never charged and I didn't feel like saying take my money and hold it. In CA, deposits don't mean much.
Old 05-09-2024, 01:31 AM
Dream in PTS
Burning Brakes

Received 1,012 Likes on 468 Posts

Wishing you the best. Please report the outcome here either way.
Old 05-09-2024, 01:40 AM
CurryPuff
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dream in PTS
Wishing you the best. Please report the outcome here either way.
Thank you!

Here's what it looks like (tweaked the colours since the original photo was blown out).

Old 05-09-2024, 05:43 AM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Received 640 Likes on 383 Posts

The 992.2 sports design package is a gamble - looks wise - especially for the first EU customers that will get the car without seeing it.

If the dates are kept I am thinking to visit the factory in July to make a decision this.

TheGreatJ (05-09-2024)
Old 05-09-2024, 08:00 AM
Defrag
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGreatJ
I think this is the best sneak peek so far to the new 992.2 (Targa) GTS (almost fully unmasked) with the new Sport Design bumpers, PSE and GTS/Turbo centerlock wheels.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6qRSLnuMKu/?img_index=1

What do you think?
those photos show new seats btw, like mercedes style - they have a gap under the headrest.
Old 05-09-2024, 08:57 AM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Defrag
those photos show new seats btw, like mercedes style - they have a gap under the headrest.
No they don't. That's a shadow of the guys head.
PSPorsche (05-09-2024)

Quick Reply: 992.2 Info