Sponsored by:

992.2 order - week 8?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2023, 03:06 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,621 Likes on 927 Posts

Deleted

Last edited by RatherJaded; 09-18-2023 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-18-2023, 03:09 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,621 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by Marcha
It’s more likely that this is the normal lies and customer manipulation on the part of this Swedish dealer.
At this point dealers globally have no idea when the 992.2 will be available or what the updates will consist of.
You will most probably find that the dealer has a car on order that is due in late Feb. They obviously want your trade in to also make the extra mark up. When week 8 ‘24 comes they’ll tell you there’s still no sign of the 992.2 facelift but they have this lovely 992.1 here that they can let you have in return for your trade in. Meanwhile you haven’t signed for a car with anybody else and by next Feb you’ll be more likely to take their car rather than starting from scratch looking for an allocation with another dealer.
The 992.2 will most likely be revealed at the Frankfurt Motor show in September 2024 just like the 991 was. No idea why anybody would think it would be L.A. The extra delay is obviously due to implementation of the hybrid tech.
All only my suppositions but that’s how I see it.
If I were you I wouldn’t fall for this dealers BS, go and see some others and keep an open mind.

There is a hole in your theory. The Frankfurt Motor Show is no longer held in Frankfurt. It is now held in Munich. Fall of 2024 is too late for the 992.2 reveal as MY25 will be in production prior to Sept 2024. The reveal will be held prior to Fall 2024 as the .2 will be a MY25.

Last edited by RatherJaded; 09-18-2023 at 03:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Gavster1967 (01-28-2024)
Old 09-18-2023, 05:48 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 887 Likes on 545 Posts

It would not be out of the ordinary for European markets to get the facelift/revision as MY 2024 while the US doesn't get it until MY 2025. This has happened with other Porsche models before where it launches with a one model year earlier designation in Europe than the US so it's not far off for the speculation to be that European orders for .2 open mid-February 2024 and start taking delivery late spring/early summer 2024 and be designated as MY 2024 cars in Europe but US doesn't get it's order allocations until late spring/early summer with deliveries happening late summer/early fall and be designated as MY 2025 cars.
Old 09-19-2023, 03:20 AM
Oreos
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

My experience from the UK: placed an order in June for an early .2 (ie I'll take a 992.2 wherever they're ready) was guided to come into dealership to spec the car in Oct 2023. Followed up recently and still guided for Oct. The certainty with which people on here (not this thread in particular) talk about when this car is and isn't coming out is fascinating (and I accept that my dealer could be talking utter nonsense).
Old 09-19-2023, 04:50 AM
Marcha
Instructor

Received 327 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Oreos
My experience from the UK: placed an order in June for an early .2 (ie I'll take a 992.2 wherever they're ready) was guided to come into dealership to spec the car in Oct 2023. Followed up recently and still guided for Oct. The certainty with which people on here (not this thread in particular) talk about when this car is and isn't coming out is fascinating (and I accept that my dealer could be talking utter nonsense).
of course your dealer is talking utter nonsense. For a start you haven’t placed an order for an early 992.2 whatever your dealer has told you. Neither Porsche GB nor Porsche GmbH are taking orders for 992.2 at this stage. The 992.2 is not on the configurator and nor do we even have a pricing structure for it. It doesn’t exist. Baffling how you think you’ve placed an order for it. Lol.
Old 09-19-2023, 04:52 AM
Oreos
Intermediate

of course your dealer is talking utter nonsense. For a start you haven’t placed an order for an early 992.2 whatever your dealer has told you. Neither Porsche GB nor Porsche GmbH are taking orders for 992.2 at this stage. The 992.2 is not on the configurator and nor do we even have a pricing structure for it. It doesn’t exist. Baffling how you think you’ve placed an order for it. Lol.
You're making some assumptions of my thinking and reading between the lines which aren't there. Again, people's certainty and conviction of their own point of view on this forum never ceases to amaze

Last edited by Oreos; 09-19-2023 at 04:55 AM.
Old 09-19-2023, 02:08 PM
Marcha
Instructor

Received 327 Likes on 116 Posts

You're making some assumptions of my thinking and reading between the lines which aren't there. Again, people's certainty and conviction of their own point of view on this forum never ceases to amaze
I didn’t make any assumptions. I merely read what you typed.

“My experience from the UK: placed an order in June for an early .2 (ie I'll take a 992.2 wherever they're ready)”

You said you placed an order in June for an early .2 and I simply pointed out that you did not. That’s just a fact.

Even when the .2 does come out you most probably won’t get an early one in the uk. You know all those people who get the Halo car allocations like the GT3RS, Sport Classic, GT2, Dakar, Speedsters etc? Well all those people will jump the queue in front of you and the early cars will be flipped into the grey market for a large profit. You’ll get one when the market has cooled and there’s no longer any grey money to be made by the dealer principals friends at the Golf Club. That’s how it works.
Your choices will be:
1.)Buy a new 992.1 now and be happy that they at least let you buy a car.
2.) Buy an early 992.2 on the grey market from a re seller at £30k+ over rrp.
3.) Keep sitting on your “order” for a 992.2 until 2026 when they let you buy one at 30% more than they cost now.
Have fun.
wl911c4gts (09-19-2023)
Old 09-19-2023, 02:31 PM
Oreos
Intermediate

I didn’t make any assumptions. I merely read what you typed.

“My experience from the UK: placed an order in June for an early .2 (ie I'll take a 992.2 wherever they're ready)”

You said you placed an order in June for an early .2 and I simply pointed out that you did not. That’s just a fact.

Even when the .2 does come out you most probably won’t get an early one in the uk. You know all those people who get the Halo car allocations like the GT3RS, Sport Classic, GT2, Dakar, Speedsters etc? Well all those people will jump the queue in front of you and the early cars will be flipped into the grey market for a large profit. You’ll get one when the market has cooled and there’s no longer any grey money to be made by the dealer principals friends at the Golf Club. That’s how it works.
Your choices will be:
1.)Buy a new 992.1 now and be happy that they at least let you buy a car.
2.) Buy an early 992.2 on the grey market from a re seller at £30k+ over rrp.
3.) Keep sitting on your “order” for a 992.2 until 2026 when they let you buy one at 30% more than they cost now.
Have fun.
You love an assumption with no data to provide reference or guidance.
Old 09-19-2023, 04:47 PM
Opoints
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 992.2 Targa GTS

Hi all, I have a 2022 Targa GTS in Lava and wanted to order a 992.2 when available. do you think they will be producing them or everything re starts so Carrera S, then 4S then GTS and it could be 2025 or 2026?
Old 09-20-2023, 02:50 AM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

This is from a reliable source:

Announcement is in February and maybe configurator also. S and GTS will be hybrid - I really hope this is bad info.

Last update I had was that first cars will be delivered in May and last week I was updated that S and GTS and getting delayed - makes sense to be honest considering the delays of the Cayenne and more specifically of the Cayenne e-hybrid.

We will know more soon hopefully. Remember Porsche will announce the new Macan soon - October or November? Configurator of Macan should be December. So for 992 we will hear offiially on February and hopefully the configurator will follow soon. From someone that has stupidly cancelled his 991.1 gts4 allocation last may and sitting and waiting for the 992.2 I do not have much hope that we will see cars delivered before summer 2024. Additionally if the S and GTS are hybrid, I will probably go for a base - this is another big decision.
Charcharius (10-14-2023)
Old 09-20-2023, 02:56 AM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Unfortunately I am 100% certain and this is coming directly from Porsche that you will not be able to spec a 992.2 in october. You will not even be able to spec the new Macan in October which is coming before the 992.2

I will also take the 992.2 when it is ready but again I do not expect to get car before Summer 2024 and looks more like Autumn 2024. As before the big decision will be for which car to go for IF you do not want a hybrid.
Oreos (09-20-2023)
Old 09-20-2023, 03:06 AM
Oreos
Intermediate

Originally Posted by silversurfer6
Unfortunately I am 100% certain and this is coming directly from Porsche that you will not be able to spec a 992.2 in october. You will not even be able to spec the new Macan in October which is coming before the 992.2

I will also take the 992.2 when it is ready but again I do not expect to get car before Summer 2024 and looks more like Autumn 2024. As before the big decision will be for which car to go for IF you do not want a hybrid.
I agree with all of that. My push back was to his assertion that I think I've made an order when I clearly say I haven't spec'd anything. I was just sharing my experience.
Old 09-20-2023, 07:18 AM
Opoints
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, thanks. do you think they will be releasing the GTS series or will it be staggered when they finally do release it? I wonder if the dealer will let me let 2 people behind me on waitlist go ahead of me so I can get closer to when the 992.2 is released for ordering? thx so much.
Old 09-20-2023, 10:16 AM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Opoints
Ok, thanks. do you think they will be releasing the GTS series or will it be staggered when they finally do release it? I wonder if the dealer will let me let 2 people behind me on waitlist go ahead of me so I can get closer to when the 992.2 is released for ordering? thx so much.
The initial info is that base, S and gts models would be released at launch. Also that S and GTS would be hybrid. New info is S and GTS would be delayed towards the end of 2024.

Let's wait and see for new reliable info for now. The facts though are:

1) February Official Announcment
2) February Configurator Online - this might change
3) First cars to be delivered May the earliest
4) S and GTS will be delayed towards end of year
5) S and GTS would be hybrid. I hope this is wrong and it is not a fact. This means only a base and Turbo would be ICE - kind of does not make sense in my mind but I guess we will know much more on the models and engines.

Last edited by silversurfer6; 09-20-2023 at 06:11 PM.
Opoints (09-22-2023)
Old 09-20-2023, 10:20 AM
adrianp89
Pro

Received 435 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by silversurfer6
The initial info is that base, S and gts models would be released at launch. Also that S and GTS would be more hybrid. New info is S and GTS would be delays would be delayed towards the end of 2024.

Let's wait and see for new reliable info to be now. Certain facts though are:
1) February Official Announcment
2) February Configurator Online - this might change
3) First cars to be delivered May the earliest
4) S and GTS will be delayed towards end of year
5) S and GTS would be hybrid. I hope this is wrong and it is not a fact. This means only a base and Turbo would be ICE - kind of does not make sense in my mind but I guess we will know much more on the models and engines.
When I picked up my GTS last month, the sales rep told me the next GTS would be hybrid.

Quick Reply: 992.2 order - week 8?