Sponsored by:

Another thread to vent on port delay and lack of support on PCNA

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2023, 11:25 PM
kuang9
AutoX

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Another thread to vent on port delay and lack of support on PCNA

Sorry this is another thread to vent on the port delay and PCNA. My 23 Carrera 4 GTS arrived at port Emden on 11/29/22, and was only loaded to Glovis Sunrise on 3/14/23, after a whopping 3.5 months of delay at port (my on vessel dates were revised for a total of SEVEN times).
Throughout the delays, I've created multiple cases with PCNA to document the continuing delay and also to inquire the cause of the delay. The general answer I kept receiving was PCNA has limited visibility into port logistic, but I had continuing to request for escalation without success.
Two separate West Regional reps reached out to me and assured me PCNA is willing to work out a resolution with me due to the delay, and ask me to call them back once the vehicle is getting close to been delivered.

So, I reached out to the last West Region rep last week to discuss the "resolution" they had mentioned, only to receive a call from him today saying my case has been closed, and PCNA is not willing to provide any remedy or resolution they had mentioned on multiple occasions. It seems PCNA is considered these prolong delay as the new normal. What a frustrating experience I can say.

Popular Reply

04-07-2023, 08:07 AM
Denny Swift
Rennlist Member

Received 1,570 Likes on 663 Posts

If all the people who build obscenely expensive toys for us rich folk just stopped thinking about themselves for once and just saw how sad and pouty we get when we are deprived of our toys, they’d work harder. Yeah that’s it. Perhaps there should be grievance counselors assigned to help us deal with the trauma of having to wait for our toys to arrive. Life is just so hard and unfair sometimes….
Old 04-06-2023, 11:51 PM
joydrive
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 54 Posts

That’s a shame. The least they could do is apologize for being so far off in their estimate.

I hope you get your car soon and that you love it.
Old 04-07-2023, 01:34 AM
Prototyp1
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 29 Posts

Here's the problem. Without knowing the true detail of what's causing the delay, Porsche, or PCNA knows we are all suckers. Complaining all day but what else they are really can do or willing to do is questionable. If you're so pissed that you walk away from the car it will have zero problem to sell. Unfortunately the customer service is a thing of the past. Frankly I just think they just don't care about any of it anymore.
Old 04-07-2023, 01:40 AM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,062 Likes on 2,030 Posts

First they came for the electric steering columns, and I said nothing.
The following 7 users liked this post by shrimp money:
chance6 (04-09-2023), detansinn (04-07-2023), NickM (04-07-2023), pelucidor (04-08-2023), porsche.earth (04-07-2023), Schwarz992C4S (04-07-2023), Tedster (04-07-2023) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-07-2023, 06:45 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,465 Likes on 2,813 Posts

Labor shortages in the ports and shipping. I guess?

I honestly don't know where people work. I guess people don't need money anymore, which is ironic because people are apparently spending it hand over fist.

The majority of new hires seem to be flakes that can't fathom the concept of work or even showing up after they're hired. I assume gov't assistance is still a lucrative gig and they need to keep up with appearances of trying to find a job.

So who knows. Maybe it's genuine labor issues that are out of Porsche's hands...or it's institutional incompetence and/or apathy.

Last edited by rk-d; 04-07-2023 at 06:47 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by rk-d:
chance6 (04-09-2023), Schwarz992C4S (04-07-2023), shrimp money (04-07-2023)
Old 04-07-2023, 06:59 AM
porsche.earth
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d

I guess people don't need money anymore.
If folks are out of touch with an average workers mindset, let me share some of my own thoughts, gained from stepping into the shoes of an average worker (my thanks to cancer lol).

I do the bare minimum amount of necessary work. I have absolutely 0 incentive to do anything other than the bare minimum. Its not about the money, its about the principle of things. Corporate Overlords plan to turn this planet into a ****hole and then fly off on micromusks d1ck rockets, that doesn't fly for 99.999999% of the population. Why would I as a human being above all else be interested in helping god-awful corpos like that? Its not my fault they lack morals, its not my fault they're actively turning the planet is a ****hole, and its not my fault that the vast majority of terrible things going on on a daily basis are out of my control but entirely within the control of Corporate Overlords. What is in my control is my ability to decide that I care about money less than my values and limit my work output to the absolute minimum, which will in turn limit the amount of damage I contribute to the system of equations that represents life on earth.

In my opinion, and in my experience, as a human being, acting like a lazy bum and spending time on my hobbies (driving in circles at night, doing things on the internet like playing with ChatGPT, taking photos, ****posting on rennlist, etc.) is significantly more enjoyable to me than helping corporate overlords like crackrock profit off of wage slaves - I'd be surprised if I'm the only one on this planet that feels this way, in fact, its pretty clear that a large portion of the population of Earth is growing rather discontent, moves by central bankers to keep average humans under their thumbs is certainly not helping the situation. However many people had French Revolution 2.0 on their 2023 bingo cards, the number will be quadrupled in 2024, for sure.

Protesters storm BlackRock's Paris office holding red flares and firing smoke bombs | CNN Business

“The meaning of this action is quite simple. We went to the headquarters of CrackRock to tell them: the money of workers, for our pensions, they are taking it,” Jerome Schmitt, spokesman for French union SUD, told CNN affiliate BFM-TV. CrackRock declined to comment.

Actions have consequences, lo and behold, corporate overlords are feeling some of the consequences for their actions. The idea that everyone on earth would prioritize money over principles is nonsensical, some people forget that religious values have permeated globally for millennia, and that we all have a responsibility as human beings to the planet we live on.

PCNA told you to suck it up and move on because guess what PCNA is going to have to do? Suck it up and move on (alternatively, the entire supply chain stops treating essential workers like slave laborers and delays in supply chains magically resolve themselves, although I know bean counters too well to think this is a solution grounded in reality, treating essential workers like slave laborers is too "important" to profits)

Last edited by porsche.earth; 04-07-2023 at 07:48 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Tedster (04-07-2023)
Old 04-07-2023, 07:42 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porsche.earth
If folks are out of touch with an average workers mindset, let me share some of my own thoughts, gained from stepping into the shoes of an average worker (my thanks to cancer lol).

I do the bare minimum amount of necessary work. I have absolutely 0 incentive to do anything other than the bare minimum. Its not about the money, its about the principle of things. Corporate Overlords plan to turn this planet into a ****hole and then fly off on micromusks d1ck rockets, that doesn't fly for 99.999999% of the population. Why would I as a human being above all else be interested in helping god-awful corpos like that? Its not my fault they lack morals, its not my fault they're actively turning the planet is a ****hole, and its not my fault that the vast majority of terrible things going on on a daily basis are out of my control but entirely within the control of Corporate Overlords. What is in my control is my ability to decide that I care about money less than my values and limit my work output to the absolute minimum, which will in turn limit the amount of damage I contribute to the system of equations that represents life on earth.

In my opinion, and in my experience, as a human being, acting like a lazy bum and spending time on my hobbies (driving in circles at night, doing things on the internet like playing with ChatGPT, taking photos, ****posting on rennlist, etc.) is significantly more enjoyable to me than helping corporate overlords like crackrock profit off of wage slaves - I'd be surprised if I'm the only one on this planet that feels this way, in fact, its pretty clear that a large portion of the population of Earth is growing rather discontent, moves by central bankers to keep average humans under their thumbs is certainly not helping the situation. However many people had French Revolution 2.0 on their 2023 bingo cards, the number will be quadrupled in 2024, for sure.

Protesters storm BlackRock's Paris office holding red flares and firing smoke bombs | CNN Business

“The meaning of this action is quite simple. We went to the headquarters of CrackRock to tell them: the money of workers, for our pensions, they are taking it,” Jerome Schmitt, spokesman for French union SUD, told CNN affiliate BFM-TV. CrackRock declined to comment.

Actions have consequences, lo and behold, corporate overlords are feeling some of the consequences for their actions. The idea that everyone on earth would prioritize money over principles is nonsensical, some people forget that religious values have permeated globally for millennia, and that we all have a responsibility as human beings to the planet we live on.
Yeah, still don’t get it.

And it would be wonderful if people did the bare amount of work necessary. Perfect! The problem is when they do no work or don’t even show up at all.
Old 04-07-2023, 07:49 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,099 Likes on 2,995 Posts

As someone who was waiting for their 992 in 2019 with months of EPA hold, there really is nothing new here. It takes time. Porsche and other automakers don’t want these delays, but the world is what it is.

Porsche and PCNA are better than others at communication. Ford just directs you to your dealer who doesn’t have any information. My Ford F150 Lightning sat at port for nearly 3 months with no communication from Ford until about 45 days in and no communication beyond that… until it just showed up at the dealer.
Old 04-07-2023, 07:50 AM
porsche.earth
Racer

Yeah, still don’t get it.

And it would be wonderful if people did the bare amount of work necessary. Perfect! The problem is when they do no work or don’t even show up at all.
You understand it and you don't understand it simultaneously? You're confused on a quantum level it seems, one of my specialties don't fret

The bare minimum amount of work necessary = good = Why the hell would you show up to work if you don't need to?

If you don't need to show up, that means you're at the bare minimum levels. Doing more than the bare minimum means showing up when you don't need to. They are doing exactly as they should by not showing up or showing up and doing no work, if their efforts are not being valued appropriately. If they showed up and did work when they felt their work was not being valued properly, it would only hamper their bargaining power. Not a single reason on earth for them to do that. The corporate overlords they're playing the game against will not hesitate to do anything that will bolster their own positions.

Its literally just a simple high school math problem involving a system of equations, amazes me that it isn't clear to everyone (Don't ask to see the math work, I'm not going to type it, I'm not getting paid to give this lecture/share insights into the shoes others wear gained through personal experience do you understand now?)

Last edited by porsche.earth; 04-07-2023 at 08:05 AM.
Old 04-07-2023, 08:03 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porsche.earth
You understand it and you don't understand it simultaneously? You're confused on a quantum level it seems, one of my specialties don't fret

The bare minimum amount of work necessary = good = Why the hell would you show up to work if you don't need to?

If you don't need to show up, that means you're at the bare minimum levels. Doing more than the bare minimum means showing up when you don't need to. They are doing exactly as they should by not showing up or showing up and doing no work, if their efforts are not being valued appropriately. If they showed up and did work when they felt their work was not being valued properly, it would only hamper their bargaining power. Not a single reason on earth for them to do that. The corporate overlords they're playing the game against will not hesitate to do anything that will bolster their own positions.

Its literally just a simple high school math problem involving a system of equations, amazes me that it isn't clear to everyone (Don't ask to see the math, I'm not going to type it, I'm not getting paid to give this lecture )
That’s nice. We’ll see what happens when the house of cards collapses.
The following 2 users liked this post by rk-d:
detansinn (04-07-2023), Guzzgreg (04-07-2023)
Old 04-07-2023, 08:04 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,099 Likes on 2,995 Posts

I have to admit that I am a little confused as to how someone who’s doing the “bare minimum” and driving a Porsche 911 can be so bitter towards their “corporate overlords”. Really odd. Good luck with that.
The following 5 users liked this post by detansinn:
Denny Swift (04-07-2023), Humbucker427 (04-10-2023), icanthelpit (04-09-2023), mikey94025 (04-08-2023), TheGeneral (04-07-2023)
Old 04-07-2023, 08:05 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by detansinn
I have to admit that I am a little confused as to how someone who’s doing the “bare minimum” and driving a Porsche 911 can be so bitter towards their “corporate overlords”. Really odd. Good luck with that.
Those small business corporate overlords are real SOBs aren’t they.
detansinn (04-07-2023)
Old 04-07-2023, 08:07 AM
porsche.earth
Racer

That’s nice. We’ll see what happens when the house of cards collapses.
Indeed, JPow recently said "inflation will hurt the poorest among us" and then did his best to make inflation as bad as possible over the next few months. Going to be hilarious, especially what happens to crime rates (if you dont understand, do some research), when the house of cards collapses. Ahh well, I'll stock up on costco popcorn no matter what happens, whether the house of cards is propped up perpetually or not.

Originally Posted by detansinn
Porsche 911 is not that expensive, even an uber driver can buy one these days. Cope and seethe, are you really considering a Porsche 911 an expensive car unaffordable to any real car enthusiasts?

Last edited by porsche.earth; 04-07-2023 at 08:14 AM.
Old 04-07-2023, 08:07 AM
Denny Swift
Rennlist Member

Received 1,570 Likes on 663 Posts

If all the people who build obscenely expensive toys for us rich folk just stopped thinking about themselves for once and just saw how sad and pouty we get when we are deprived of our toys, they’d work harder. Yeah that’s it. Perhaps there should be grievance counselors assigned to help us deal with the trauma of having to wait for our toys to arrive. Life is just so hard and unfair sometimes….
The following 10 users liked this post by Denny Swift:
alin2 (04-07-2023), Dezeinstein (03-09-2024), DodoBird (04-07-2023), eagle1960 (04-07-2023), icanthelpit (04-09-2023), mikey94025 (04-08-2023), por356 (04-08-2023), porsche.earth (04-07-2023), shrimp money (04-07-2023), Tedster (04-07-2023) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-07-2023, 08:12 AM
porsche.earth
Racer

Originally Posted by Denny Swift
Perhaps there should be grievance counselors assigned to help us deal with the trauma of having to wait for our toys to arrive.

I'm sitting here laughing at the thought of customers asking Porsche repeatedly to send a grievance counselor immediately because xyz
shrimp money (04-07-2023)

Quick Reply: Another thread to vent on port delay and lack of support on PCNA