Sponsored by:

Another thread to vent on port delay and lack of support on PCNA

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2023, 12:43 PM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 876 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn
They joined in April 2023. Using ChatGPT for these posts. Troll.
Yep. Can’t find a block user function on here to weed through the garbage.
The following users liked this post:
detansinn (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 05:41 PM
porsche.earth
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by icanthelpit
Yep. Can’t find a block user function on here to weed through the garbage.

are you still crying over all the money you lost by not getting your car immediately? oversized children are amusing to study...please carry on acting like 70 year old babies, you all are providing valuable data for my research. /s

Last edited by porsche.earth; 04-09-2023 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-09-2023, 05:58 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,300 Likes on 1,367 Posts

OK @porsche.earth can you take a day or so off and cool it, while quietly continuing your research in private? Thanks

siberian
porsche.earth (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 06:09 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I've asked you nicely, this is your last warning before you get a time out.

siberian
porsche.earth (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 06:21 PM
porsche.earth
Racer

Originally Posted by Nielsenpty
Simply not correct. Fact check before believing.
2 major California ports shut down as union ‘withholds labor’ amid contract dispute | CBS 17
Ports of Los Angeles, Long Beach shut down as workers stay home amid contract talks - ABC7 San Francisco (abc7news.com)
Labor Shortage Closes Ports of LA and Long Beach for Second Day – NBC Los Angeles
Southern California ports reopen. Shutdown highlights high-stakes contract talks (msn.com)

The union that represents West Coast dockworkers and the industry group representing maritime shippers are several months into negotiating a new contract, which is focused, in part, on wages and the role of automation. The old contract, covering more than 22,000 workers at 29 ports, expired July 1.

tell me which facts are incorrect? how about you go fact check yourself....im sorry that some people don't like the facts of today's reality, but your dislike of reality does not equate to an ability to bend reality to your will, stop drying to diminish valid opinions based on real facts, such as the worker who I quoted.

Last edited by porsche.earth; 04-09-2023 at 06:28 PM.
Old 04-09-2023, 06:43 PM
Nielsenpty
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 34 Posts

be happy to tell you. This is what you quoted :

"No shortage- the companies are refusing to sign the contract which was supposed to be signed June of 22
They begged us to work thru covid, many of us died, and now they are refusing to sign our contract for nearly a year
… not correct. No one has refused to sign anything. The negotiations are still ongoing so there is nothing to sign.

They redirected cargo to the east coast last year to starve us out and are trying to strong arm us into accepting less work/automation
not correct. The shipping lines do not decide where cargo is going. Cargo is booked by the BCO to whichever port of entry they choose. They happen to increasingly choose the East coast. Perhaps to avoid the instability of the west coast ? (Not for me to say)

Suggest you check what facts these workers are trying to protect. Might surprise you to learn they are already earning above 200k with the best pension and healthcare plan in the US. What you call reality is one side of a multifaceted story. Your opinion is certainly valid despite the fact the is is misguided and naive. Go bend as you please but it would be appreciated if you can keep it to yourself
Old 04-09-2023, 08:00 PM
Homiebackrubs
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Also I want to add that I'm not sure if many or any Porsches actually go through the Long Beach or LA Port. I am Long Beach born and raised, my dealership is close to the Long Beach Port BUT Porsche sends everything through to San Diego Port because of contracts with them. My car is in the San Diego Port right now. Otherwise it would have gone to Long Beach, its 80 miles closer to my dealership. So unless the port issue in Long Beach/LA spreads to it's other unions in San Diego or Benicia, we don't have to worry. But still it's a pretty messy situation in the LB/LA ports in of it's own right and I hope it gets resolved soon.
Old 04-09-2023, 08:58 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Unions, how to do as little as possible for as much as possible for as long as possible...

siberian
The following 3 users liked this post by siberian:
PHX (04-11-2023), porsche.earth (04-10-2023), Schwarz992C4S (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 11:55 PM
offminorthreat
Intermediate

Received 52 Likes on 14 Posts

I've spent plenty of time on internet forums of varying types for varying interests for the past 25 years and I have to say this guy is up there with one of the biggest crackpots I have seen! Entertaining!
Old 04-10-2023, 02:07 AM
porsche.earth
Racer

Observing individuals far beyond their prime perform complex rationalizations to explain why they believe others don't merit equitable remuneration for their labor is quite amusing.

Imagine if one of you high-end watch merchants had a client who owed you a substantial sum for nearly a year. As this client engages in a prolonged conflict against you, hoping you'll give up or, quite literally, perish, you'd likely react similarly to these dock workers and other global employees.

Please, shed a tear while you attempt to cope and simmer with frustration. It might even help regrow your hair, as it's apparent that all of you are experiencing hair loss and intense vexation. Have you tried asking PCNA to send you compensation for hair loss?

also @Nielsenpty "Your opinion article is quite lengthy, so I didn't go through it. Could you kindly share some facts and sources supporting your viewpoint? I'd be eager to read them. Otherwise, if you can't provide the evidence to substantiate your stance, we might have to assume that your argument lacks a factual basis and that you're merely here to provoke. (As a fisherman, I can't resist such dropping easily accessible bait, and I'm eager for your reply. I'm admittedly too indolent to conduct the research myself, as I suspect you might be too. It's the American way!)"

Originally Posted by siberian
Unions, how to do as little as possible for as much as possible for as long as possible...

siberian
Siberian just described The American Way

"
The Union’s coordinated actions are occurring while negotiations for a new coastwise contract continue. This latest work action comes three weeks after ILWU Local 13 in Southern California stopped complying with a contract provision providing employers the right to assign staggered shifts during meal periods (I'm laughing this is a hilarious move). These actions undermine confidence in West Coast ports, and threaten to further accelerate the diversion of discretionary cargo to Atlantic and Gulf Coast ports. The health of the Southern California and state economy depend on the ability of the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach to stem this market share erosion."

PMA_Statement_4.7.23.pdf (pmanet.org)

Delightful moments await everyone; this chess match is definitely one to keep an eye on. It will be quite amusing when the West Coast reaches a resolution, and subsequently, the Atlantic and Gulf regions choose to follow their lead and take advantage of their newfound leverages. Maybe the train folks will join in, possibly adding another bit of dynamism to the system!

Numerous citizens in Paris and other places currently experiencing large amounts of unrest within the population are earnestly evacuating currently, yet I opt to stay serenely oblivious and indifferent, even when considering the potential long-term consequences on supply chains and the possibility of worker unrest spreading to other locations.

Last edited by porsche.earth; 04-10-2023 at 02:59 AM.
Old 04-10-2023, 04:42 AM
Nielsenpty
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 34 Posts

Hard to take it serious and provide you with facts when you state you cant even be bothered to read what is available.... and you are asking for evidence yet you don't even realize you just provided the evidence yourself...... you initially state "companies are refusing to sign the contract" which I told you is simply not correct as there is nothing to sign..... and now you provide a quote stating "while negotiations for a new coastwise contract continue...." clearly showing that there is nothing to be signed at this stage given it is still being negotiated. Thus I can politely suggest you put up the mirror and take a good look at who is here to provoke
Old 04-10-2023, 05:30 AM
jeremylondon
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a bizzare thread and I am amazed the moderators have not canned some of these posts.

it’s a car forum
null (04-10-2023)
Old 04-10-2023, 06:45 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,465 Likes on 2,813 Posts

Originally Posted by Nielsenpty
Hard to take it serious and provide you with facts when you state you cant even be bothered to read what is available.... and you are asking for evidence yet you don't even realize you just provided the evidence yourself...... you initially state "companies are refusing to sign the contract" which I told you is simply not correct as there is nothing to sign..... and now you provide a quote stating "while negotiations for a new coastwise contract continue...." clearly showing that there is nothing to be signed at this stage given it is still being negotiated. Thus I can politely suggest you put up the mirror and take a good look at who is here to provoke
He’s a troll. It’s a waste of time.
The following 2 users liked this post by rk-d:
detansinn (04-10-2023), null (04-10-2023)
Old 04-10-2023, 12:56 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jeremylondon
This is a bizzare thread and I am amazed the moderators have not canned some of these posts.

it’s a car forum
We have tried as this thread has gone truly off the rails, however the Super Mod has overruled us. I would just sign off from this thread, hopefully like smoke sans oxygen it will die off on its own.

siberian
Old 03-09-2024, 12:02 PM
gt3forme2017
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by detansinn
I have to admit that I am a little confused as to how someone who’s doing the “bare minimum” and driving a Porsche 911 can be so bitter towards their “corporate overlords”. Really odd. Good luck with that.
This was exactly my reaction. We live in a bifurcated world of haves and have-nots.

If you are drving a 911 (or any Porsche) you are in the haves camp (1%), even though you may not know it.

I don't think it a question of work or corporate overlordship. It's a question of bitterness.

It's an unfortunate situation, but I don't think complaining about the overlords will help.

Quick Reply: Another thread to vent on port delay and lack of support on PCNA