Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2023, 12:36 PM
reddsektor
Pro

Received 509 Likes on 262 Posts
Default JCR valved titanium exhaust - C2S review

Got the JCR exhaust installed last night, thanks to @4rings

Original setup:
Fabspeed catless downpipes and PSE with valves full-open mod from m-engineering stage2 + pdk tune (also have do88 turbo inlets and Bmc filters).

Sound:​​
Deep, throaty, metallic-y with loud lows and high’s. It sounded similar to a F80 M3 with a remus exhaust for those that might know about that, but more refined. Low speed revs were super growling and always present. Downshift rev blips were ear-gasmic. But interestingly only near the max high end/redline the screaming of the exhaust sound would lose a little steam and volume. Weird. But overall the valve-open mod totally transforms the PSE into something entirely different. Loved it and still kind of miss it; it’s still the best thing you can do for your car if not going with a high end exhaust.

Volume:
Very loud but not obnoxious. 9/10 inside the cabin (for reference the car completely stock to
me was a 4/10). Loud presence inside the cabin, like the engine/exhaust was literally right behind your head.

New setup:
Same downpipes but now with the JCR valved exhaust. Keep in mind the valve-open mod from the tune is still there.

Sound:
Totally different than the original setup. Smooth(er), fuller, hollow, with a very distinct titanium-howl tone that really makes itself more present in its resonance as rpm’s climb and at the top end, screams with that horn/brass quality. Very bassy/pronounced at low end speeds. Downshift revs are crisp, can be felt, and sound glorious. Minimal drone.

Volume:
This was where I was originally unimpressed at first drive; the average overall volume was lower than the original setup. There was less noise inside the cabin. But then my buddy did some wot flybys with me standing outside, and I couldn’t believe how loud it was. So the volume was very external I thought. But then I drove it myself again, and my ears/brain adapted to this new sound profile and I started liking it, a lot. The titanium “wail” is definitely there, and I feel like the volume inside the car is also more “present” than it was at first. I would say it’s 8/10 in volume inside the cabin in automatic sports mode, 9/10 in manual mode, but a full 10 at the top end; unlike the original setup this one screams louder the closer you get to redline. You hear the exhaust as it’s really there at the back of the car, with bassy undertones inside the cabin. But it’s so addictive to chase the higher rpm’s because that titanium scream is intoxicating. Intoxicating inside the cabin. Overall it’s more of a hybrid now between exotic and a hint of (dare I say) formula car.

Other/final thoughts:
@4rings has an Akrapovic exhaust with Soul catless down pipes. We compared both of our cars, even drove both along side. They are very similar in their overall sound profile. The akrapovic may just be a hair louder, but it’s hard to tell. We need to compare more.

Overall very satisfied and thrilled with the JCR exhaust, and highly recommend it. I think it’s the best exhaust for the price, and I’ve researched all of the different exhaust sounds out there. I need to drive the car more (all of this was only from last night couple of hours of driving) to get an even better feel for everything. Also, I can’t say how loud it would be without catless pipes or atleast sport cats though; stock cats may not cut it. I also debated whether to get the non-valved non-silenced JCR exhaust version, as that would have been even more extreme. But ultimately decided I may still want to to use the valve function for silent mode drives (wife and kid smh). And JC was very responsive given the timezone difference, and answered any questions I had. Shipping was very fast from the UK.

Only have a couple of small clips from phone I’ll try to upload on YouTube. Don’t have pro recording equipment :/ , so of course it sounds better in person.

Last edited by reddsektor; 02-18-2023 at 01:27 AM.
The following 7 users liked this post by reddsektor:
AlterZgo (02-20-2023), badtoro99 (03-30-2024), JCR-Porsche (02-16-2023), Pad Bender (02-17-2023), Tifoso (02-16-2023), TK42ONE (02-16-2023), tourenwagen (02-16-2023) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-16-2023, 01:24 PM
Tifoso
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 48 Posts

Thanks for this thorough review! I'm surprisingly happy with my PSE, but if I ever decide to change, JCR is at the top of my list. Looking forward to hearing your clips, as I've never heard JCR on a non-Turbo 992.....
The following 2 users liked this post by Tifoso:
reddsektor (02-16-2023), tourenwagen (02-16-2023)
Old 02-16-2023, 01:34 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,062 Likes on 2,030 Posts

Originally Posted by Tifoso
Thanks for this thorough review! I'm surprisingly happy with my PSE, but if I ever decide to change, JCR is at the top of my list. Looking forward to hearing your clips, as I've never heard JCR on a non-Turbo 992.....
The only non-turbo 992 is the GT3, which sounds 10x better with just the stock system. The turbos really kill the sound.
Old 02-16-2023, 01:37 PM
reddsektor
Pro

He meant non TT/TTS
The following users liked this post:
shrimp money (02-16-2023)
Old 02-16-2023, 01:47 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,451 Likes on 755 Posts

Nice review.

I am debating going non-valved non-silenced. Do you think it would drone now that you have your JCR installed??
Old 02-16-2023, 01:53 PM
reddsektor
Pro

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Nice review.

I am debating going non-valved non-silenced. Do you think it would drone now that you have your JCR installed??
Thanks! I think it would probably be minimal; JC said it wouldn’t.

I also went with valved because whenever I sell the exhaust it’ll be easier since most people will want to retain valve functionality.

I just drove it this morning and somehow it sounds even better or I’m just falling deeper in love.
Old 02-16-2023, 02:46 PM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

Received 4,319 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Great write up! Looking fwd to the vids
Old 02-16-2023, 05:11 PM
reddsektor
Pro

Only vids I have so far, sorry I didn’t really make a clip of going thru the gears/rev range yet.

The following 6 users liked this post by reddsektor:
AlterZgo (02-20-2023), Fcassells (03-07-2023), JCR-Porsche (02-16-2023), shrimp money (02-16-2023), Tifoso (02-16-2023), tourenwagen (02-16-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-16-2023, 05:22 PM
MonopolyMoney
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by reddsektor
Only vids I have so far, sorry I didn’t really make a clip of going thru the gears/rev range yet.

https://youtu.be/bj0aqxMGw88
Is your Aero Wing OEM? Or where do you get it/what was total cost?
Old 02-16-2023, 05:42 PM
Targa4GTSinTX
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks! I think it would probably be minimal; JC said it wouldn’t.

I also went with valved because whenever I sell the exhaust it’ll be easier since most people will want to retain valve functionality.

I just drove it this morning and somehow it sounds even better or I’m just falling deeper in love.
I'm interested, but will this void the warranty?
Old 02-16-2023, 05:49 PM
reddsektor
Pro

Originally Posted by MonopolyMoney
Is your Aero Wing OEM? Or where do you get it/what was total cost?
https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1289...aerokit-6.html

post #77-79
MonopolyMoney (02-17-2023)
Old 02-16-2023, 06:07 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,451 Likes on 755 Posts

That sounds pretty darn good. Thanks for the Video clip

So- if one goes with the non-valved JCR that would be like having a tune that keeps the Valves always open sort to speak??

Also - do you like having the Valves always open?
Old 02-16-2023, 06:38 PM
reddsektor
Pro

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
That sounds pretty darn good. Thanks for the Video clip

So- if one goes with the non-valved JCR that would be like having a tune that keeps the Valves always open sort to speak??

Also - do you like having the Valves always open?
Really good question, I asked JC that myself. He said the non-valved version will be just a touch louder than the valved-fully open version, because it doesn’t have those secondary smaller pipes/flow path that some of the exhaust still escapes thru (even when valves are open), thus reducing the sound a little.

Having valves fully open is a must imo, can’t get enough of it. Adds a deeper layer of aural pleasure in any exhaust.

Last edited by reddsektor; 02-16-2023 at 08:05 PM.
JCR-Porsche (02-16-2023)
Old 02-16-2023, 08:00 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your impressions!

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
Old 02-16-2023, 09:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 796 Likes on 427 Posts

https://youtu.be/bj0aqxMGw88
That sounds really good. I think I can catch some of the titanium resonance and I believe it sounds much better than as versions from soul and ipe.

Quick Reply: JCR valved titanium exhaust - C2S review