Sponsored by:

JCR valved titanium exhaust - C2S review

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2023, 10:12 PM
reddsektor
Pro

Received 511 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by Purekoryo
did you notice power loss with the valves fully open? I heard someone say that they saw via dyno the power loss from this.
Butt dyno I can say definitely no loss of power.

I am also tuned, and so M-engineering has even greater power gains from a completely valveless system per their data.
Old 02-22-2023, 01:50 PM
Tifoso
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by reddsektor
Nope. Those are the answers he gave me himself, as I had asked the same question. In order of loudness:

1. Non-valved non-silenced
2. Valved non-silenced
3. Non-valved silenced
Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
During normal driving valved is very close to the silenced (non valved) centre however once you get into throttle and the valves open on the valved system its louder than the (non valved) silenced centre

The non silenced non valved system is the loudest under all conditions

JC
Thanks guys. Jonny, I went back to my emails and what you actually said was the valved system would deliver "the most drone free experience" of the 3 options, when combined with the stock cats.

I realize now that doesn't necessarily mean it's the quietest overall, just that perhaps it is more civilized when cruising in the lower RPM range when the valves are closed? Is that correct?
Old 02-22-2023, 03:23 PM
reddsektor
Pro

Originally Posted by Tifoso
Thanks guys. Jonny, I went back to my emails and what you actually said was the valved system would deliver "the most drone free experience" of the 3 options, when combined with the stock cats.

I realize now that doesn't necessarily mean it's the quietest overall, just that perhaps it is more civilized when cruising in the lower RPM range when the valves are closed? Is that correct?
Yup, when I manually close my valves or drive in Normal, its civilized in the low rpm's. Still has a nice bassy undertone.
The following users liked this post:
mattchow (02-23-2023)
Old 02-24-2023, 05:53 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 939 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by Tifoso

Sorry, yes that's it. Putting sound into words can be challenging at times (even more so than determining sound from a video) but essentially the Valved System offers nice quiet sound with the valves closed and a nice delta with the valves open

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
Tifoso (02-24-2023)
Old 04-18-2023, 11:16 PM
1957Goldtop
Instructor

Received 148 Likes on 36 Posts

I’m interested in the JCR Valved Non-Silenced center. I really don’t want to tune (CEL) or get a valve controller, so from what I understand, I won’t need either if I keep the stock cats. Is this correct?

It seems as though, without the valve controller, I would just use the normal dial to switch between:

Normal: Valved

Sport/Sport+: Open

Is there any other difference between Sport and Sport+ with this exhaust?
Old 04-18-2023, 11:23 PM
reddsektor
Pro

Originally Posted by 1957Goldtop
I’m interested in the JCR Valved Non-Silenced center. I really don’t want to tune (CEL) or get a valve controller, so from what I understand, I won’t need either if I keep the stock cats. Is this correct?

It seems as though, without the valve controller, I would just use the normal dial to switch between:

Normal: Valved

Sport/Sport+: Open

Is there any other difference between Sport and Sport+ with this exhaust?
Your first question: correct

In Sport/Sport+ the valves aren't fully open either. They keep actuating to be partially open but never fully. You have to get a tune or valve controller for full open/max sound.

The only difference in Sport is like any other exhaust; you'll get the pops and burbles, whereas in Sport+ you won't.
Old 04-19-2023, 01:00 AM
1957Goldtop
Instructor

Received 148 Likes on 36 Posts

In Sport/Sport+ the valves aren't fully open either. They keep actuating to be partially open but never fully. You have to get a tune or valve controller for full open/max sound.

The only difference in Sport is like any other exhaust; you'll get the pops and burbles, whereas in Sport+ you won't.
Ah... the shop I'm working with suggested I look at the Soul exhaust because they say the JCR is LOUD... so I'm wondering if not full open is a good thing. 😄
Old 04-19-2023, 01:48 AM
reddsektor
Pro

Ah... the shop I'm working with suggested I look at the Soul exhaust because they say the JCR is LOUD... so I'm wondering if not full open is a good thing. 😄
I have catless downpipes, and the JCR valved non-silenced with valves full open (thru tune) and it’s the perfect amount of loudness and titanium howl without being obnoxious or overbearing. The Soul would be just a tad quieter.
Old 04-19-2023, 09:38 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,502 Likes on 937 Posts

Stay tuned. There should be multiple JCR exhaust reviews popping up on here in the next 90-120 days when the group buy exhausts are shipped.
tourenwagen (04-19-2023)
Old 04-19-2023, 10:16 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Question - I have the JCR non-silenced/non-valved delivering tomorrow. Per above though, with the non-valved the Valves are still not fully open??
Old 04-19-2023, 10:21 AM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Received 786 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Question - I have the JCR non-silenced/non-valved delivering tomorrow. Per above thought with the non-valved the Valves are still not fully open??
You have 0 valves so 100% open all the time. No need for valve controller or tune.
Old 04-19-2023, 10:42 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by Master Deep
You have 0 valves so 100% open all the time. No need for valve controller or tune.
Thanks- that is what I thought.

Boy I can not wait to get this installed.
Old 04-19-2023, 11:27 AM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

Received 4,396 Likes on 1,200 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Thanks- that is what I thought.

Boy I can not wait to get this installed.
Dont forget pics & vids!
Old 04-19-2023, 05:42 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 939 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by Fullyield
Stay tuned. There should be multiple JCR exhaust reviews popping up on here in the next 90-120 days when the group buy exhausts are shipped.
Half of the GB shipped last week, the remaining 16 next week 🙌🏼

JC
The following 3 users liked this post by JCR-Porsche:
Fullyield (04-21-2023), surquhar (04-19-2023), tourenwagen (04-19-2023)
Old 04-19-2023, 11:31 PM
TN_3
Pro

Received 271 Likes on 164 Posts

Stock exhaust is out…waiting on my non-valved/non-silenced to arrive tomorrow!
@JCR-Porsche

tourenwagen (04-20-2023)

Quick Reply: JCR valved titanium exhaust - C2S review