Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cargraphic Valve Control Unit

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2024 | 03:14 PM
brandobot
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cartod
Did it reset when you turned it off and restarted? Mine does it occasionally and a restart fixes it.
I did turn off the car and start it back up, light is still there. I'll try it a few more days as I take the car out and see if it helps.
Old 07-26-2024 | 07:08 PM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by brandobot
I did turn off the car and start it back up, light is still there. I'll try it a few more days as I take the car out and see if it helps.
probably need to make sure your connections are snug. Even if you think they are, disconnect and reconnect them. If no joy, Cargraphic. customer service is very good. Some units were shipped with some loose connections in the controller and if that is the issue they can walk you thrrough the easy fix.

GL
The following users liked this post:
brandobot (07-26-2024)
Old 07-26-2024 | 07:40 PM
RyuBraska
Racer

Originally Posted by Scottykenneth
Really did like the CarGraphic on my previous GT3 but this time around I went w the @Soul Performance valve deletes. Takes literally 5/10 min to install and no remotes/wires/modules/ or check engine lights and also cheaper. Valves open 24/7! Who wants the option to close them. Neighbors can suck it. 🤣
No drone at constant speed on the highway? It's the only time I wanted to close them on my GT4.
The following 2 users liked this post by RyuBraska:
Cartod (07-27-2024), Old Ranger (08-05-2024)
Old 07-26-2024 | 08:38 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

I'm trying out the SST valve controller for the imcoming car. It's about half the price and made in Germany as well.
Old 07-26-2024 | 09:22 PM
RyuBraska
Racer

Originally Posted by Shogunade
I'm trying out the SST valve controller for the imcoming car. It's about half the price and made in Germany as well.
Interesting... Much less expensive and looks the same. Please let us know how it goes.
Old 07-26-2024 | 10:06 PM
981KMAN
Rennlist Member

Do the other Exhaust Valve Controllers have the "Freestyle Mode" as listed below from SST?

Old 07-27-2024 | 03:40 PM
981MD
1st Gear

Default For sale?

Anyone else selling a used one? Or a discounted one for forums folks?
Old 07-27-2024 | 06:03 PM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RyuBraska
No drone at constant speed on the highway? It's the only time I wanted to close them on my GT4.
I close them when I don’t want to wake the grandkids. Initial start up until cats warm up is epic! 🎵🤣
Old 07-27-2024 | 06:57 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 981MD
Anyone else selling a used one? Or a discounted one for forums folks?
We still have them on sale for you guys and in stock. For more info: sales@supremepower.com

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Old 08-05-2024 | 09:46 PM
r4mi5awi
Instructor

Originally Posted by InTheClouds
CEL Update 3:
  • Upon starting the car after the most recent P04A1 code "pending" state, the CEL was immediately illuminated and reached "Stored" state (without another drive cycle)
  • Removed the Cargraphic from the car, and cleared the P04A1 "Pending" and "Stored" codes one more time
    • During removal, confirmed things were definitely installed correctly and all tabs locked in
    • Brief visual inspection of the Cargraphic wires and harnesses look normal as well
  • Took it for 3 drive cycles
    • No pending P04A1 code anymore
    • Everything seems fine

I hate to be that guy, but what would you suggest I do for next steps @SupremePower?
I'm in the same boat as you. 3 weeks after install I removed my unit as well. Kept getting a lot of errors and intermittent CELs. Yesterday, CEL stayed on permanently so that was the final straw.

During removal everything was secure. Wires weren't melted and the unit was still secure on the alternator cover. Maybe the zipties to secure excess wires were a bit too tight? Either way, after removal I opened up the cargraphic controller and nothing was loose or needed to be "clicked" in. Went for a short drive and CEL went away which was a relief.

My unit is version B so not sure if it's defective or not. It possibly can't handle heat during crazy summer temps or electrical interference being on top of the alternator. I locked the car and kept the key in a faraday box like most suggested during install which I didn't do initially.

I'll give the unit another try next summer and will purchase the flat6motorsports mount as well. I'll lock the car, store the key away, secure the wires but give enough slack so the connectors aren't in constant tension. Either way, not gonna bother reinstalling it again this summer... Not worth the frequent electronic gremlins, oh well...

Last edited by r4mi5awi; 08-05-2024 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-05-2024 | 10:21 PM
Fullyield
Drifting

Originally Posted by r4mi5awi
I'm in the same boat as you. 3 weeks after install I removed my unit as well. Kept getting a lot of errors and intermittent CELs. Yesterday, CEL stayed on permanently so that was the final straw.

During removal everything was secure. Wires weren't melted and the unit was still secure on the alternator cover. Maybe the zipties to secure excess wires were a bit too tight? Either way, after removal I opened up the cargraphic controller and nothing was loose or needed to be "clicked" in. Went for a short drive and CEL went away which was a relief.

My unit is version B so not sure if it's defective or not. It possibly can't handle heat during crazy summer temps or electrical interference being on top of the alternator. I locked the car and kept the key in a faraday box like most suggested during install which I didn't do initially.

I'll give the unit another try next summer and will purchase the flat6motorsports mount as well. I'll lock the car, store the key away, secure the wires but give enough slack so the connectors aren't in constant tension. Either way, not gonna bother reinstalling it again this summer... Not worth the frequent electronic gremlins, oh well...
If you bought new, what is the warranty period?
Old 08-05-2024 | 10:48 PM
C21ban
Racer

I haven’t installed mine yet as it was a pre-purchase waiting on my car. I am curious as well if there is any type of warranty @SupremePower . Does Cargraphic back the product?
Old 08-05-2024 | 11:00 PM
r4mi5awi
Instructor

Originally Posted by Fullyield
If you bought new, what is the warranty period?
Didn't buy new unfortunately. Doubt the fellow Rennlister I purchased it from was being slick. Could happen to a brand new unit as well.

I have a '24 992. Doubt the ECU is any different than any other model year. Will chalk it up to "installer error"/finicky install. We'll see next driving season!
Old 08-05-2024 | 11:10 PM
981KMAN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Shogunade
Any update on the SST units?

Old 08-06-2024 | 04:42 AM
jezzaa
Advanced

Based on SST's website their controller only fits the GT and S/T models?

Quick Reply: Cargraphic Valve Control Unit