Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cargraphic Valve Control Unit

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2024 | 02:58 PM
malba2366
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Vicbastige
After following the Cargraphic story for years and having one for close to a year myself I can say there are almost no downsides other than cost and install (which really is a very easy DIY). Reasons I have seen for for removing and selling:

- selling/trading in th car it was on
- owner changes to a valveless cat-back
- owner tuned their car

another way to look at it is since it is plug 'n play, you could just take the leap knowing you could esily remove and sell it on this forum. I don't think you will find that necessary.

I would agree...I have not done any modification to a car with a greater cost to benefit ratio, sounds great with valves open and you can return it to OEM performance for highway cruising when you want zero drone.

Old 06-05-2024 | 04:17 PM
jhenson29
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by anjizkit
mm.. why did you remove? am in the fence so trying to look at cons.
it says in the for sale ad.

I got an m eng tune so the valve controller was redundant.
Old 06-22-2024 | 06:14 AM
andresito
Rennlist Member

Default My Cargraphic Experience

I might be having a faulty unit as per Dundon. My car sounds like it gets muffled from 5k to 9k RPM. Anyone else?

Here is my story though:

Coming from a 991.2 GT3, I just bought a 992 GT3. I used to have a Dundon setup on my .2 and LOVED the sound. I physically kept the valves unplugged. I recently decided to get the same Dundon kit for the 992 and to my ears, it didn't sound as loud. Until I decided to get the Cargraphic module which gives it that proper sound from 1k to 4k. My issue is that, when I first installed the Dundon kit, I was having a valve issue so I got a CEL. So I took it to the dealer to recode the valves and no CEL. (completely normal, Dundon recommends doing so) Now, I'm not sure if my valves got properly recoded with a PIWIS to allow for them to fully open from 5k to 9k because my exhaust sounds a bit muffled from 5k to 9k with the Cargraphic module on. (Although technically, whether the valves got recalibrated or not, the PCM shouldn't interfere with the module) It seems like the Cargraphic module just adds sound from 1 to 4 and from 5 to 9 its not as loud as it should be. Not only that but under lots of hear, the controllers stop working after a certain amount of time. They start working again when the car has cooled off. I might have a faulty unit...

My last alternative is to get the Soul connectors valve delete. I can live without valves. I just wanted to be respectful towards neighbors lol.
Old 06-24-2024 | 11:34 AM
dmia
Advanced

Originally Posted by andresito
I might be having a faulty unit as per Dundon. My car sounds like it gets muffled from 5k to 9k RPM. Anyone else?

Here is my story though:

Coming from a 991.2 GT3, I just bought a 992 GT3. I used to have a Dundon setup on my .2 and LOVED the sound. I physically kept the valves unplugged. I recently decided to get the same Dundon kit for the 992 and to my ears, it didn't sound as loud. Until I decided to get the Cargraphic module which gives it that proper sound from 1k to 4k. My issue is that, when I first installed the Dundon kit, I was having a valve issue so I got a CEL. So I took it to the dealer to recode the valves and no CEL. (completely normal, Dundon recommends doing so) Now, I'm not sure if my valves got properly recoded with a PIWIS to allow for them to fully open from 5k to 9k because my exhaust sounds a bit muffled from 5k to 9k with the Cargraphic module on. (Although technically, whether the valves got recalibrated or not, the PCM shouldn't interfere with the module) It seems like the Cargraphic module just adds sound from 1 to 4 and from 5 to 9 its not as loud as it should be. Not only that but under lots of hear, the controllers stop working after a certain amount of time. They start working again when the car has cooled off. I might have a faulty unit...

My last alternative is to get the Soul connectors valve delete. I can live without valves. I just wanted to be respectful towards neighbors lol.
Thank you for sharing. Sounds like a few of these valve controllers are starting to exhibit finicky reliability. I think I’m going to pass unless I decide to get a tune.
Old 07-09-2024 | 12:25 PM
Brhade81
AutoX

Sorry if covered already, but I was curious if the Cargraphic valve controller (with valves fully open) make the car idle similar to cold start (in terms of how loud)?

I have an Akra slip on. For those with the Akra slip on, does the valve controller increase or improve the sound further?
Old 07-09-2024 | 02:01 PM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Brhade81
Sorry if covered already, but I was curious if the Cargraphic valve controller (with valves fully open) make the car idle similar to cold start (in terms of how loud)?

I have an Akra slip on. For those with the Akra slip on, does the valve controller increase or improve the sound further?
No. When I start mine with (Cargraphic) valves open, it is head turning loud. Once the cats heat, it calms down quite a bit. Still much better than without.
The following users liked this post:
Brhade81 (07-10-2024)
Old 07-09-2024 | 10:37 PM
malba2366
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Brhade81

You can set the cagraphic to start the car in OEM mode, or for it to stay in whatever mode the car was in last. It is way too loud for me to start the car in valves open mode...especially when parked in the garage.
Old 07-09-2024 | 11:05 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by malba2366
You can set the cagraphic to start the car in OEM mode, or for it to stay in whatever mode the car was in last. It is way too loud for me to start the car in valves open mode...especially when parked in the garage.
But its so awesome. Especially when grown men jump in surprise.
Vicbastige (07-09-2024)
Old 07-10-2024 | 12:24 AM
Brhade81
AutoX

My question was more so trying to get a sense of how loud it is with the Cargraphic (valves open) at normal idle.

We all know the cold start even on a non Cargraphic equipped 992 is LOUD. I actually wish normal idle was as loud as cold start (I know, not for everyone).

Is normal idle with Cargraphic (valves open) about as loud as the cold start with no Cargraphic?

Old 07-10-2024 | 04:02 AM
jezzaa
Advanced

No it isn’t. Sounds similar to when pse is open at idle, maybe just slightly louder
The following 2 users liked this post by jezzaa:
Brhade81 (07-10-2024), shrimp money (08-06-2024)
Old 07-10-2024 | 07:52 AM
RyuBraska
Racer

What is the TLDR of the 59 pages of this thread? Worth it on a GTS? Easy to install?

I had it on my GT4. It made a big difference in sound at low RPM, cruising around town. I appreciated the option to go back to OEM or close when on the highway. Mine stopped working after 4 years though, after my battery dying.
Old 07-26-2024 | 02:36 PM
brandobot
Rennlist Member

Just got a check engine light after 200 miles of having the cargraphic. The car started in valves open mode early this morning and I quickly went to close the valves via the remote to quiet it down. The CEL immediately began to flash and after 20-30 seconds, it is a solid light.
Old 07-26-2024 | 02:54 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RyuBraska
What is the TLDR of the 59 pages of this thread? Worth it on a GTS? Easy to install?

I had it on my GT4. It made a big difference in sound at low RPM, cruising around town. I appreciated the option to go back to OEM or close when on the highway. Mine stopped working after 4 years though, after my battery dying.
Best mod for sound for the money. 1
Cartod (07-26-2024)
Old 07-26-2024 | 02:58 PM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by brandobot
Just got a check engine light after 200 miles of having the cargraphic. The car started in valves open mode early this morning and I quickly went to close the valves via the remote to quiet it down. The CEL immediately began to flash and after 20-30 seconds, it is a solid light.
Did it reset when you turned it off and restarted? Mine does it occasionally and a restart fixes it.
Old 07-26-2024 | 03:03 PM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Really did like the CarGraphic on my previous GT3 but this time around I went w the @Soul Performance valve deletes. Takes literally 5/10 min to install and no remotes/wires/modules/ or check engine lights and also cheaper. Valves open 24/7! Who wants the option to close them. Neighbors can suck it. 🤣

Quick Reply: Cargraphic Valve Control Unit