992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche finance & lease rates 2023

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2024 | 04:35 PM
jjw285
Racer

I also dislike taxes. Can we perhaps just all stop paying those too?
The following 4 users liked this post by jjw285:
dixonk (01-02-2024), Icegrill (01-02-2024), TheGeneral (01-02-2024), Vernin (01-02-2024)
Old 01-02-2024 | 04:35 PM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jjw285
I also dislike taxes. Can we perhaps just all stop paying those too?
hahaha honestly! I love this comment
Old 01-02-2024 | 04:36 PM
McNamara
Racer

Originally Posted by Vernin
Paying-to-play is buying it at MSRP like we have been for at least the last 18 years.
Dealers are exploiting their customers it is that simple.
I remember when Dealerships valued their customer, and I am not even that old,
Yet I remember, from Las Vegas Porsche, Brumos Porsche, Porsche North Scottsdale, Porsche of Albuquerque, and Porsche of Rocklin. They valued creating a future relationship with a client, instead of trying to extract all the money they could from a one-time sale.
I will 100% go back to a dealership where I am treated like a human being trying to buy a car,.
I would tell a dealership to F off if they didn't and treated me no better than a cash cow, that only exists to give them money.
The sense of entitlement is hilarious. No one owes you a car pal, at MSRP or otherwise.
The following users liked this post:
Icegrill (01-02-2024)
Old 01-02-2024 | 04:37 PM
McNamara
Racer

hahaha honestly! I love this comment
Except it apparently sailed right over your head.
Old 01-02-2024 | 04:38 PM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by McNamara
Except it apparently sailed right over your head.
It did not it went under me
Old 01-02-2024 | 04:41 PM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by McNamara
The sense of entitlement is hilarious. No one owes you a car pal, at MSRP or otherwise.
I understand your perspective, but the essence of my point is about mutual respect in the customer-dealer relationship. It's not about entitlement to a car, but rather being treated respectfully during the purchase process. Building a lasting relationship matters more than a single transaction, don't you think?
Old 01-02-2024 | 04:52 PM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

@McNamara Allow me to rephrase my statement to ensure my message is clearer to you since it appears my previous words might have been misconstrued.

I believe that fostering long-term relationships between customers and dealerships is vital. In the past, I've experienced excellent service from specific dealerships that prioritized building relationships rather than maximizing short-term profits. For me, the treatment I receive during the purchasing process significantly influences my choice of where to conduct business. Respectful and ethical treatment plays a crucial role in my decision-making when selecting a dealership. Or any company providing a service, or selling goods

Last edited by Vernin; 01-02-2024 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-02-2024 | 05:01 PM
double-o-seven
Instructor

McNamara -> Yes you are in denial of reality -> easy allocation process for the 911 T at MSRP in today's market. I got mine very easily at MSRP. Three dealers competed for me in the Bay Area.

Can you handle the truth? LOL

Absolute truth is not a narrative. You are the one with bullsh*t narrative and ADM delusions on the T.

Last edited by double-o-seven; 01-02-2024 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-02-2024 | 05:02 PM
jjw285
Racer

@McNamara Allow me to rephrase my statement to ensure my message is clearer to you since it appears my previous words might have been misconstrued.

I believe that fostering long-term relationships between customers and dealerships is vital. In the past, I've experienced excellent service from specific dealerships that prioritized building relationships rather than maximizing short-term profits. For me, the treatment I receive during the purchasing process significantly influences my choice of where to conduct business. Respectful and ethical treatment plays a crucial role in my decision-making when selecting a dealership. Or any company providing a service, or selling goods
We all would want that. But, at the end of the day, they are selling a limited (or VERY limited) commodity that is highly sought after.

From a business perspective, if they are selling their product for $175k, but it is selling for $250k thereafter -- they have a choice to make. Take the ADM or stay true to their loyal customers. There are dealers out there that haven't don't ADM. Is that smart? IDK, I don't run a dealership.

No one LIKES the ADM. It is just the free market at work. I'm not some conspiracy guy either. Its just supply and demand. If it's only a couple thousand stopping a guy/girl from his dream car -- who am I to judge them for paying it?
Vernin (01-02-2024)
Old 01-02-2024 | 05:07 PM
double-o-seven
Instructor

Too bad that ADM days are over for many regular 911 trims. Perhaps the impatient fools that paid their sad ADMs want others to be suckers like them, while dealer employees here push their narrative and act very hard to look like regular consumers. LOL.

Last edited by double-o-seven; 01-02-2024 at 05:14 PM.
Vernin (01-02-2024)
Old 01-02-2024 | 05:15 PM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jjw285
We all would want that. But, at the end of the day, they are selling a limited (or VERY limited) commodity that is highly sought after.

From a business perspective, if they are selling their product for $175k, but it is selling for $250k thereafter -- they have a choice to make. Take the ADM or stay true to their loyal customers. There are dealers out there that haven't done ADM. Is that smart? IDK, I don't run a dealership.

No one LIKES the ADM. It is just the free market at work. I'm not some conspiracy guy either. Its just supply and demand. If it's only a couple thousand stopping a guy/girl from his dream car -- who am I to judge them for paying it?
The historical absence or rarity of Additional Dealer Markups (ADMs) on Porsche 911s over the past 18 years underscores a time when the automotive industry, particularly dealerships, operated with a focus on transparent and consistent pricing strategies.

Seriously for like two decades, Porsche 911 models, despite being limited and highly sought-after vehicles, were typically sold close to their Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP). Or under

Dealerships maintained this practice, demonstrating a commitment to fair pricing and customer satisfaction.
This approach contributed to fostering trust, loyalty, and positive long-term relationships between dealerships and their clientele.

The recent emergence of ADMs on Porsche 911s and other Porsche vehicles marks a notable departure from their longstanding industry norm.

Highlighting the historical context of minimal or nonexistent ADMs on Porsche 911s emphasizes the recent shift in dealership practices.
This shift honestly should raise ethical considerations regarding pricing transparency and fairness, especially in maintaining customer loyalty and trust. I cannot speak on how to run a dealership but if I were to, I would adhere to retaining as many customers as possible while still charging under or close to the MSRP of the car.

Balancing business profitability with ethical treatment of customers ultimately shapes a dealership's long-term success and reputation within the automotive market. Neglecting customers for short-term gains will negatively impact your sales in the future when fewer people come to you for business.
Old 01-02-2024 | 05:16 PM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by double-o-seven
Too bad that ADM days are over for many regular 911 trims. Perhaps the impatient fools that paid their sad ADMs want others to be suckers like them, while dealer employees here push their narrative and act very hard to look like regular consumers. LOL.
Exactly
double-o-seven (01-02-2024)
Old 01-02-2024 | 05:22 PM
McNamara
Racer

Originally Posted by double-o-seven
So where's your car?
Old 01-02-2024 | 05:25 PM
double-o-seven
Instructor

McNamara -> I have a particular build date and a delivery date for my 2024 911 Carrera T. It is in writing with the dealer's manager signature and my signature.

I bet you will still deny reality, because you sound like one of those fools.

Last edited by double-o-seven; 01-02-2024 at 05:27 PM.
Vernin (01-02-2024)
Old 01-02-2024 | 05:36 PM
McNamara
Racer

The historical absence or rarity of Additional Dealer Markups (ADMs) on Porsche 911s over the past 18 years underscores a time when the automotive industry, particularly dealerships, operated with a focus on transparent and consistent pricing strategies.

Seriously for like two decades, Porsche 911 models, despite being limited and highly sought-after vehicles, were typically sold close to their Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP). Or under

Dealerships maintained this practice, demonstrating a commitment to fair pricing and customer satisfaction.
This approach contributed to fostering trust, loyalty, and positive long-term relationships between dealerships and their clientele.

The recent emergence of ADMs on Porsche 911s and other Porsche vehicles marks a notable departure from their longstanding industry norm.

Highlighting the historical context of minimal or nonexistent ADMs on Porsche 911s emphasizes the recent shift in dealership practices.
This shift honestly should raise ethical considerations regarding pricing transparency and fairness, especially in maintaining customer loyalty and trust. I cannot speak on how to run a dealership but if I were to, I would adhere to retaining as many customers as possible while still charging under or close to the MSRP of the car.

Balancing business profitability with ethical treatment of customers ultimately shapes a dealership's long-term success and reputation within the automotive market. Neglecting customers for short-term gains will negatively impact your sales in the future when fewer people come to you for business.
You want to shake your fist at dealers when what you should be blaming is basic economics. In case you haven’t noticed, luxury goods have gone up in demand/price. ADMs are a perfectly logical consequence of that.

Quick Reply: Porsche finance & lease rates 2023