Pro

Received 332 Likes on 205 Posts

State Farm, best IMHO.

Old 12-31-2022, 10:53 AM
dhjaffe
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnC4S
I am in WNY and Erie Insurance was more than happy to add ‘22 GT3 to my existing policy which also include 2 other Porsches.

John
Good to know. I'm also in Western NY. I'll try Erie Insurance if my agency doesn't come through next week. Thanks!
Old 12-31-2022, 10:59 AM
dhjaffe
Instructor

Originally Posted by Smirnoff67
Try this link. It has every State.

https://www.porscheautoinsurance.com/

​​​​​​​
Yes, that link has every state. But as soon as you pick a state they don't cover, the website says "Porsche Auto Insurance is currently available in Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, and Wisconsin".
Old 12-31-2022, 11:24 AM
Smirnoff67
Pro

Received 463 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by dhjaffe
Yes, that link has every state. But as soon as you pick a state they don't cover, the website says "Porsche Auto Insurance is currently available in Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, and Wisconsin".
I'm in Florida and I got a quote. A ridiculously expensive quote, but a quote nonetheless. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Old 01-01-2023, 02:19 PM
tonup
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

My 2023 Targa 4S is on the boat. I should be getting it during the 2nd week of January. It will be registered in New York State. I contacted my insurance agency to give them some information in anticipation of the car's arrival. My insurance is currently through Traveler's. The agency told me that their underwriter is away for a few days so they will only know, when the underwriter gets back, as to whether they can insure my car. They said that, because the car cost over $150,000 (my build costs considerably more than that) and is a sports car, they may not be able to insure it. I was really shocked to hear that. Has anyone had any similar issues insuring their 911's? What do you do if you can't get insurance for your car?
I have just signed up all my cars with Grundy Insurance out of Pennsylvannia on recommendation of my SA. These are car people and insure all types of regular cars and collectibles, and will insure for agreed value. Their rates are the best I have ever gotten, and the people are first rate. PM me if you would like more info. Happy New Year!
The following 2 users liked this post by tonup:
dhjaffe (01-01-2023), Smirnoff67 (01-01-2023)
Old 01-01-2023, 10:05 PM
APEX GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 133 Posts

My 2023 Targa 4S is on the boat. I should be getting it during the 2nd week of January. It will be registered in New York State. I contacted my insurance agency to give them some information in anticipation of the car's arrival. My insurance is currently through Traveler's. The agency told me that their underwriter is away for a few days so they will only know, when the underwriter gets back, as to whether they can insure my car. They said that, because the car cost over $150,000 (my build costs considerably more than that) and is a sports car, they may not be able to insure it. I was really shocked to hear that. Has anyone had any similar issues insuring their 911's? What do you do if you
can't get insurance for your car?

- hanover insurance is the best for pricing on porsche 911s

- hagerty is the best provider for total value coverage
Old 01-01-2023, 10:13 PM
Mmade992
Racer

Received 256 Likes on 122 Posts

When I recently purchased my wife's 2018 Panamera Turbo ST, my Gieco insurance said they couldn't cover it because they valued it at 150k (190K new) and I was shocked as I have a new 21 992S without issues. Never had to put in a claim on any of my cars and I have five cars and a house policy with them for the past 20 years. I got so mad, I decided to shop around and it was a blessing in disguise as I switched to Allstate and saved over $2500 per year with them with the same coverage. They said they will cover any car up to 250k or under without question.

I figured being with one company for more than 20 years without any incidents would get me major discounts..... Boy was I wrong! This has now taught me, It's always good to shop around for insurance every few years to see what your options are. Gieco tried to get me back but the damage was done and I'm now saving thousands! Give them a call!
Old 01-02-2023, 12:58 PM
blackland
Burning Brakes

Received 437 Likes on 254 Posts

Try Chubb insurance, it is expensive but very good. We have many cars in our family insured in both Georgia and Florida that are in excess of $200K and have had no issues.
The following 2 users liked this post by blackland:
dhjaffe (01-02-2023), Richard_Wallace (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 09:53 PM
jjw285
Racer

Received 215 Likes on 100 Posts

Good to know. I'm also in Western NY. I'll try Erie Insurance if my agency doesn't come through next week. Thanks!
I sell Erie. Even before I did, I’ve always used them.

Go to ANY body shop (in states erie covers) and 10 of 10 will tell you Erie is the absolute best company to work with during claims.

They will also work with you on total loss value with the utmost flexibility.

I know this is coming across as a sales pitch, but my $185k GTS will cost me $700 ANNUALLY, with supreme limits. I get no special discounts either.

there is no “150k cap” with them. They won’t nickel and dime you on your claim. If you have good credit and a solid driving history, there is no better.

Last edited by jjw285; 01-03-2023 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-03-2023, 11:01 PM
dhjaffe
Instructor

Yay! Traveler's came through and will insure my car. I guess I worried for nothing. $1699 for 12 months with good limits. Obviously not the cheapest, though!
The following users liked this post:
Smirnoff67 (01-04-2023)
Old 01-04-2023, 02:03 AM
Smirnoff67
Pro

Originally Posted by jjw285
I sell Erie. Even before I did, I’ve always used them. Go to ANY body shop (in states erie covers) and 10 of 10 will tell you Erie is the absolute best company to work with during claims. They will also work with you on total loss value with the utmost flexibility. I know this is coming across as a sales pitch, but my $185k GTS will cost me $700 ANNUALLY, with supreme limits. I get no special discounts either. there is no “150k cap” with them. They won’t nickel and dime you on your claim. If you have good credit and a solid driving history, there is no better.
​​​​​​​Does your company write policies in Florida?
Old 01-04-2023, 08:54 AM
jjw285
Racer

Originally Posted by Smirnoff67
Does your company write policies in Florida?
unfortunately no, that helps them them keep the rate lower in other states. Florida is a tough state to do insurance.
Old 01-04-2023, 09:20 AM
Smirnoff67
Pro

unfortunately no, that helps them them keep the rate lower in other states. Florida is a tough state to do insurance.
​​​​​​​Tell me about it. Thank you for letting me know .
Old 01-04-2023, 11:31 AM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 749 Posts

I sell Erie. Even before I did, I’ve always used them.

Go to ANY body shop (in states erie covers) and 10 of 10 will tell you Erie is the absolute best company to work with during claims.

They will also work with you on total loss value with the utmost flexibility.

I know this is coming across as a sales pitch, but my $185k GTS will cost me $700 ANNUALLY, with supreme limits. I get no special discounts either.

there is no “150k cap” with them. They won’t nickel and dime you on your claim. If you have good credit and a solid driving history, there is no better.
You should do a thread / post on what to watch out for when getting insurance. A long time ago I had a middle of the road insurance (was my first porsche) and was with SF. I quickly found out when someone hit my DD that these discount insurance companies when covering repair are not worth the discount price you pay.

Since then I have moved all my insurance to Chubb (same would apply to Firemans Fund, Pure, Erie, and a few other specialties) - you do get what you pay for - which hopefully is never needed. But making it right without hassle is worth a bit more for me.

I do think most are not really aware that not all companies handle claims the same way - would be a good educational post on what the differences are, what to expect, why go for some of the premium companies, etc.
Old 01-04-2023, 11:48 AM
jjw285
Racer

Originally Posted by Richard_Wallace
You should do a thread / post on what to watch out for when getting insurance. A long time ago I had a middle of the road insurance (was my first porsche) and was with SF. I quickly found out when someone hit my DD that these discount insurance companies when covering repair are not worth the discount price you pay.

Since then I have moved all my insurance to Chubb (same would apply to Firemans Fund, Pure, Erie, and a few other specialties) - you do get what you pay for - which hopefully is never needed. But making it right without hassle is worth a bit more for me.

I do think most are not really aware that not all companies handle claims the same way - would be a good educational post on what the differences are, what to expect, why go for some of the premium companies, etc.
You mean give out my insurance knowledge for free?!?! I get paid for that...

The problem with insurance, since everyone has it, they think their the expert. So I can give proper advice till I'm blue in the face and half the people will be convinced they know better.

But maybe I'll throw a thread up and just give some 101 knowledge.
The following users liked this post:
Richard_Wallace (01-04-2023)

Quick Reply: Targa 4S Uninsurable?