Sponsored by:

'23 Targa GTS Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2022, 03:28 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 198 Posts
Talking '23 Targa GTS Build

I was lucky enough to secure a Targa GTS allocation last week. In fact, I previously had a GTS 4.0 allocation, so I gladly gave that up for the Targa. Any thoughts on the build? I made a conscious decision to exclude PDCC from my build since I don't need the extra performance and prefer the natural feel, body roll and all (although I'm pretty sure body roll is minimal already)
http://www.porschecode.com/PP6ZKDK5

What I am waffling over:
  • Black interior with deviated yellow stitching or
  • Keep my current graphite blue with deviated chalk stitching (I selected deviated stitching option even though the leather option includes graphite blue w/ chalk stitching. I learned the hard way that there is difference and I want all the stitching :P)
Also I rarely see a Targa top other than black, Hopefully the blue top does not seem too out of place on the GTS.

Last edited by JCZ5; 10-07-2022 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-06-2022, 03:43 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by JCZ5
I was lucky enough to secure a Targa GTS allocation last week. In fact, I previously had a GTS 4.0 allocation, so I gladly gave that up for the Targa. Any thoughts on the build? I made a conscious decision to exclude PDCC from my build since I don't need the extra performance and prefer the natural feel, body roll and all (although I'm pretty sure body roll is minimal already) http://www.porsche-code.com/PPFZVW62

What I am waffling over:
  • Keep my current graphite blue with deviated chalk stitching (I selected deviated stitching option even though the leather option includes graphite blue w/ chalk stitching. I learned the hard way that there is difference and I want all the stitching :P)
Also I rarely see a Targa top other than black, Hopefully the blue top does not seem too out of place on the GTS.
graphite blue with deviated chalk stitching - so great!
Old 10-06-2022, 03:48 PM
kim9701
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 104 Posts

Congrats!!
Just a general rant here... Porsche sure knows how to maximize their margin by simply using color as options. Leather color, Seat Belt color, Gauge dial color, Stitch color, Body color, Colored Crest, etc. I do appreciate the choices one can make to create a very personalized Porsche, but do those options really need to cost that much?
Old 10-06-2022, 04:01 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Originally Posted by Bruce R
graphite blue with deviated chalk stitching - so great!
Awesome! It certainly adds some uniqueness

Originally Posted by kim9701
Congrats!!
Just a general rant here... Porsche sure knows how to maximize their margin by simply using color as options. Leather color, Seat Belt color, Gauge dial color, Stitch color, Body color, Colored Crest, etc. I do appreciate the choices one can make to create a very personalized Porsche, but do those options really need to cost that much?
You're not wrong...Porsche knows these "frivolous" options are probably 99% profit / markup. But at the end of the day, we love these trinkets of optionality just to inject some individuality compared to the masses of other cars where we're bound by set options. Alternatively, Porsche is one of the only mainstream brands that allow you to customize so easy at this stage. Other marquees charge thousands of dollars just to have a hand drawn line at the entirely of the car (looking at you, Rolls Royce).
Old 10-06-2022, 04:40 PM
Zakato70
Advanced

Received 90 Likes on 27 Posts

I was lucky enough to secure a Targa GTS allocation last week. In fact, I previously had a GTS 4.0 allocation, so I gladly gave that up for the Targa. Any thoughts on the build? I made a conscious decision to exclude PDCC from my build since I don't need the extra performance and prefer the natural feel, body roll and all (although I'm pretty sure body roll is minimal already) http://www.porsche-code.com/PPFZVW62

What I am waffling over:
Congratulations on the car. There will be as many permutations and combinations of opinions as there are possible builds. LOVE the 930 option on the interior leather and the addition of the crest. Did the same for my Targa GTS and will see it in person next month (if the ship makes it safely to San Diego, and the truck makes it to my dealership safely). For $170, may I suggest you look at the Illuminated Lateral gills in lighting? There was a good discussion here .

I have a sneaking suspicion that there may be some other changes before the freeze point. Enjoy the journey.
RZ
Old 10-06-2022, 05:37 PM
MontBlanc911
Pro

Received 316 Likes on 158 Posts

congrats! may i ask which dealer you are with?
Old 10-06-2022, 05:54 PM
F8Driver
Pro

Received 331 Likes on 195 Posts

What I am waffling over:
I don't think you'll miss the PDCC. I opted for the lowered suspension delete on my GTS coupe (local road conditions are abominable), no PDCC. Handling is still superb, body roll minimal, ride firm (but not too firm).
Old 10-08-2022, 04:41 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Originally Posted by Zakato70
Congratulations on the car. There will be as many permutations and combinations of opinions as there are possible builds. LOVE the 930 option on the interior leather and the addition of the crest. Did the same for my Targa GTS and will see it in person next month (if the ship makes it safely to San Diego, and the truck makes it to my dealership safely). For $170, may I suggest you look at the Illuminated Lateral gills in lighting? There was a good discussion here .

I have a sneaking suspicion that there may be some other changes before the freeze point. Enjoy the journey.
RZ
Can't wait to see your photos! Care to share your build code? I always like to take inspiration from what else I see lol.

Originally Posted by F8Driver
I don't think you'll miss the PDCC. I opted for the lowered suspension delete on my GTS coupe (local road conditions are abominable), no PDCC. Handling is still superb, body roll minimal, ride firm (but not too firm).
That is what I hear from some folks who have opted against PDCC. At the end of the day, it is still a 911 and it will handle brilliantly. With the Targa, I am looking for a luxury spec anyways. Thank you for the feedback!
Old 10-08-2022, 06:42 PM
Zakato70
Advanced

A version of my Porsche Code is here. Also, this is 2023 pricing whereas my car will be 2022 and the PTS color does not look as good in the configurator so I pasted a couple of actual pics of the car below. The color looks different, even in the two pics. Hope you find a tiny bit of inspiration here and there. Your configuration is pretty much outstanding.
RZ

Old 10-08-2022, 06:53 PM
JCZ5
Pro

@Zakato70 - Your build is simply stunning! Wow, wow, wow...Lucky you got a PTS slot. I inquired and apparently PTS is on hold for the rest of the year. This is a tremendously classy build.

So you had me thinking again...Now I am thinking of pairing graphite blue with racing yellow stitching. I looked at some Ferrari's with deep navy or blue gray interior with yellow stitching and they look great! If I can't get PTS, maybe this will add some uniqueness to what I am trying to do. NEW CODE: http://www.porsche-code.com/PP8B6LD1. Would love your thoughts on this?

Example of graphite blue with yellow stitching in a 718: https://www.718forum.com/threads/gra...itching.25602/

Last edited by JCZ5; 10-08-2022 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-08-2022, 07:30 PM
Zakato70
Advanced

@Zakato70 - Your build is simply stunning! Wow, wow, wow...Lucky you got a PTS slot. I inquired and apparently PTS is on hold for the rest of the year. This is a tremendously classy build.

So you had me thinking again...Now I am thinking of pairing graphite blue with racing yellow stitching. I looked at some Ferrari's with deep navy or blue gray interior with yellow stitching and they look great! If I can't get PTS, maybe this will add some uniqueness to what I am trying to do. NEW CODE: http://www.porsche-code.com/PP8B6LD1. Would love your thoughts on this?

Example of graphite blue with yellow stitching in a 718: https://www.718forum.com/threads/gra...itching.25602/
I like the yellow/blue contrast! Not sure if I would go as far as changing the seatbelts. Leaving the Tach and stitching yellow does a nice job of breaking up the blue interior. Keep playing around. It took me a couple of months to lock in.

RZ

Quick Reply: '23 Targa GTS Build