Sponsored by:

My Porsche App Keeps Logging Me Out

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2022, 11:37 AM
jtsrenn
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts
Default My Porsche App Keeps Logging Me Out

Any one else seeing this issue? The MyPorsche app on Android has suddenly started logging me out. I have it set up as a widget on my phone. I have had the car since April and it's kept me logged in that whole time. The day after I get the car back from the three days at the PPF/Ceramic shop this started happening. (I can't see any possible correlation though) Seems to be logging me out after less than an hour but I don't have hard numbers. There's no "Keep Me Logged In" option in the settings. Unless Porsche has changed their security policies I'm not sure why the behavior has changed.
Old 09-30-2022, 05:38 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,455 Likes on 799 Posts

Doesn't seem to be happening here.

I did notice that my Bose bass/treble settings reset to 0 last time I drove it, so that's likely not fixed after all.
Old 09-30-2022, 06:46 PM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Received 385 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by jtsrenn
Any one else seeing this issue? The MyPorsche app on Android has suddenly started logging me out. I have it set up as a widget on my phone. I have had the car since April and it's kept me logged in that whole time. The day after I get the car back from the three days at the PPF/Ceramic shop this started happening. (I can't see any possible correlation though) Seems to be logging me out after less than an hour but I don't have hard numbers. There's no "Keep Me Logged In" option in the settings. Unless Porsche has changed their security policies I'm not sure why the behavior has changed.
I had to log in for each of my vehicles yesterday, though it seems to be behaving.
Old 09-30-2022, 10:39 PM
jtsrenn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dhirm5
Doesn't seem to be happening here.

I did notice that my Bose bass/treble settings reset to 0 last time I drove it, so that's likely not fixed after all.
Yeah, I've been having the same issue with the Burmester too since shortly after i picked up the but the app problem didn't start until yesterday. It's hyper-effing-annoying.
Old 09-30-2022, 11:05 PM
ENCT
Rennlist Member

Received 359 Likes on 185 Posts

I have been having the same problem for the last few days with my 911. I picked up a Macan GTS a week ago and they cannot get it on the app, claim they are having issues.
Old 10-02-2022, 09:43 AM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 749 Posts

Must have been an update, as when I got in my 2022 992 yesterday (haven't driven it in about 1 week) - I had to log into my PCM again, it popped up "log in as guest".

I assume an update happened or something. Once I did, it seemed ok over a series of stops, etc. that I made all day yesterday.
Old 10-02-2022, 01:24 PM
jtsrenn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Richard_Wallace
Must have been an update, as when I got in my 2022 992 yesterday (haven't driven it in about 1 week) - I had to log into my PCM again, it popped up "log in as guest".
I assume an update happened or something. Once I did, it seemed ok over a series of stops, etc. that I made all day yesterday.
Thanks. Actually the issue isn't with the PCM (which has been mostly fine other than it keeps forgetting my audio settings) but the My Porsche app on my phone. Screenshots below showing the app logged in and logged out. I've tried rebooting the phone, clearing the cache and data of the app, and finally uninstalling/reinstalling the app but none of that fixed it.

Old 10-02-2022, 06:28 PM
Ull
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

In scenarios like this I find it easiest to just delete the app because a. Its an app b. You don't need it (to drive your car) and c. You're not being paid to spend time doing tech support for app devs.

leave a review in the app store, download it again in a few months if you feel like using the app again the bug will be fixed by then, probably

Last edited by Ull; 10-02-2022 at 06:31 PM.
Old 10-08-2022, 09:54 PM
Hoodini
Track Day

Received 30 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Same issue

I had the exact issue too.
Old 10-08-2022, 10:32 PM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Received 385 Likes on 223 Posts

Anyone having this issue with iOS?
Old 10-08-2022, 10:39 PM
jtsrenn
Rennlist Member

I'm probably going to jinx it with this post but the issue has seemed to have resolved itself. It's stayed logged in the last few days, I haven't changed anything. Maybe it was an issue on the server side.
Old 10-09-2022, 10:39 AM
rustyk
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 30 Posts

I’ve been having this issue since delivery in May, iOS. 992TTS. I will be pleasantly surprised if addressed.

Quick Reply: My Porsche App Keeps Logging Me Out