Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992.2 April 2024 Release

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2023, 01:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 811 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by AmneZia
Just to be sure i was talking about the fact that this seems to be missing : (i don't know how accurate is this image, need an expert here)
That area has cladding over it in the spy photos.
Old 02-18-2023, 01:26 PM
SamFrancisco
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jplaro
My SA in the US also said that the 992.2 will be coming in 2024 as MY25. He said that was official information their received internally from Porsche.

I'm not sure I believe it as we see so many mules out there. On the flip side, I agree they just launched a few new models (T, Dakar, GT3RS) so it could make sense that we get one more year of .1
Yes … and the ST model is coming too on basis of the 992.1.
Old 02-18-2023, 05:55 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by 992.Turbo.S
I meant electric powered turbocharger instead of the traditional exhaust powered turbochargers.

Wasn’t this something that Porsche had applied for some kind of patent on or announced they were working on?
Mercedes is doing this for peones C63

Last edited by fxz; 02-18-2023 at 06:23 PM.
Old 02-19-2023, 02:51 PM
Pivot
Burning Brakes

Received 1,659 Likes on 604 Posts

Fake News Alert!!!

I got bored waiting, so I got ChatGPT to write a 992.2 press release with my wish-list… work with me, hopefully something for everybody… here goes:

Porsche Introduces the 992.2 Model with Exciting New Derivatives

Stuttgart, Germany - Porsche is proud to announce the latest addition to its 911 family - the 992.2 model, featuring an array of impressive performance upgrades and technologies that offer the ultimate driving experience.

The 992.2 model introduces four new derivatives that are sure to satisfy the most demanding car enthusiasts. The base 911 Carrera model now features a new flat-six boxer 3.0L turbo motor that delivers 400PS and an 8-speed PDK transmission, providing an exhilarating driving experience.

For those seeking even more power, the 911 Carrera S now inherits the 992.1 GTS motor with 485PS and a choice of 6-speed manual transmission or 8-speed PDK. This model promises an unparalleled driving experience, with impressive handling and acceleration.

The 911 Carrera GTS is a game-changer, boasting a naturally aspirated motor that delivers 500PS and a 150PS KERS hybrid system, producing a total of 650PS. This remarkable combination of power and efficiency offers the perfect balance between speed and fuel economy.

Last but not least, the 911 Targa 4S features the 400PS motor with a 100PS KERS system, producing 500PS in total. This innovation eliminates the turbo lag when starting at lower RPM, ensuring an effortless driving experience.

The 992.2 model is a true testament to Porsche's commitment to innovation and performance. With these impressive new derivatives, Porsche continues to push the boundaries of what is possible in the world of high-performance sports cars.

The 992.2 model is now available for order at Porsche dealerships worldwide. To learn more about these new models, visit the Porsche website or contact your local dealer.

About Porsche: Porsche is a German sports car manufacturer known for producing some of the world's most iconic and high-performance sports cars. Founded in 1931, Porsche has a rich history of engineering excellence, innovation, and design, with a focus on delivering an unparalleled driving experience to its customers.
The following 2 users liked this post by Pivot:
A Nonce (02-19-2023), VintageRacer (02-23-2023)
Old 02-19-2023, 02:58 PM
A Nonce
Instructor

Received 181 Likes on 68 Posts

Sounds very, very realistic (though I think technical details might be wrong). Worth looking back at this post to see how accurate it ended up being!

I’m sure ChatGPT is just summarizing what we have all been speculating and typing on here for months! I guarantee you that it ingests Rennlist quite regularly as it’s a great resource for anything Porsche related!

I do wonder what it learns when we talk about it. Does it get self-conscious? Can it finally settle if RAS is worth it?!
The following 3 users liked this post by A Nonce:
Macboy (02-19-2023), Pivot (02-19-2023), toph4242 (02-23-2023)
Old 02-19-2023, 03:01 PM
tejstar01
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Pivot
Fake News Alert!!!

I got bored waiting, so I got ChatGPT to write a 992.2 press release with my wish-list… work with me, hopefully something for everybody… here goes:

Stuttgart, Germany - Porsche is proud to announce the latest addition to its 911 family - the 992.2 model, featuring an array of impressive performance upgrades and technologies that offer the ultimate driving experience.

The 992.2 model introduces four new derivatives that are sure to satisfy the most demanding car enthusiasts. The base 911 Carrera model now features a new flat-six boxer 3.0L turbo motor that delivers 400PS and an 8-speed PDK transmission, providing an exhilarating driving experience.

For those seeking even more power, the 911 Carrera S now inherits the 992.1 GTS motor with 485PS and a choice of 6-speed manual transmission or 8-speed PDK. This model promises an unparalleled driving experience, with impressive handling and acceleration.

The 911 Carrera GTS is a game-changer, boasting a naturally aspirated motor that delivers 500PS and a 150PS KERS hybrid system, producing a total of 650PS. This remarkable combination of power and efficiency offers the perfect balance between speed and fuel economy.

Last but not least, the 911 Targa 4S features the 400PS motor with a 100PS KERS system, producing 500PS in total. This innovation eliminates the turbo lag when starting at lower RPM, ensuring an effortless driving experience.

The 992.2 model is a true testament to Porsche's commitment to innovation and performance. With these impressive new derivatives, Porsche continues to push the boundaries of what is possible in the world of high-performance sports cars.

The 992.2 model is now available for order at Porsche dealerships worldwide. To learn more about these new models, visit the Porsche website or contact your local dealer.

About Porsche: Porsche is a German sports car manufacturer known for producing some of the world's most iconic and high-performance sports cars. Founded in 1931, Porsche has a rich history of engineering excellence, innovation, and design, with a focus on delivering an unparalleled driving experience to its customers.
I bet the Carrera S does not come with the 6 speed manual!!! It will be the same 7 speed manual IMO!!
Old 02-19-2023, 03:15 PM
Pivot
Burning Brakes

Revised FAKE Press Release:

Porsche Introduces the 992.2 Model with Exciting New Derivatives and a Revolutionary Financing Scheme

The 992.2 model introduces four new derivatives that are sure to satisfy the most demanding car enthusiasts. The base 911 Carrera model now features a new flat-six boxer 4.0L motor that delivers 400PS with an 8-speed PDK transmission, providing an exhilarating driving experience.

In addition to these exciting new derivatives, Porsche is also introducing a revolutionary financing scheme for its customers. Shareholders of P911 preference shares, listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (XETRA), will receive a price reduction on the new 992.2 cars. For every 100 of P911 shares held for a year, customers will get 1% price reduction.

The 992.2 model is a true testament to Porsche's commitment to innovation and performance. With these impressive new derivatives and financing scheme, Porsche continues to push the boundaries of what is possible in the world of high-performance sports cars.

The 992.2 model is now available for order at Porsche dealerships worldwide. To learn more about these new models and financing scheme, visit the Porsche website or contact your local dealer.

Old 02-23-2023, 12:07 PM
adrianp89
Pro

Received 459 Likes on 206 Posts

What are the thoughts of Lava Orange returning for next year/992.2?
Old 02-23-2023, 12:54 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by adrianp89
omg again the salmon ?
Old 02-23-2023, 01:03 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,829 Likes on 954 Posts

Fake News Alert!!!

Emphasis on fake. Wrong on just about every level. If you are going to put together a fantasy, make it believable, good, or both. And don't use BMW's marketing line in your press release.
Old 02-23-2023, 03:28 PM
Pivot
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
Emphasis on fake. Wrong on just about every level. If you are going to put together a fantasy, make it believable, good, or both. And don't use BMW's marketing line in your press release.

if you can do better… sow us.
Old 02-23-2023, 04:26 PM
Stespa
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 53 Posts

Colours are such a personal choice which inevitably creates endless debates.
I miss both Lava Orange and Midnight Blue Metallic. I think Agate Grey has been around for quite a while now and Crayon had its time.
Really curious to see what surprises 992.2 will bring us
The following users liked this post:
adrianp89 (02-23-2023)
Old 02-23-2023, 04:57 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,946 Likes on 5,209 Posts

I'd rather see the return of Lime Gold Metallic.

And that's was about as close to urine as one could get on a car.
Old 02-23-2023, 05:03 PM
adrianp89
Pro

Received 459 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I'd rather see the return of Lime Gold Metallic.

And that's was about as close to urine as one could get on a car.
Sounds like you need to drink some more water lol
Old 02-23-2023, 05:14 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,829 Likes on 954 Posts

if you can do better… sow us.
Sure. Why not.

Fake News Alert!!!

Porsche Introduces the new 2024 911 992.2 Model with Exciting New Derivatives

Stuttgart, Germany - Porsche is proud to announce the latest addition to its 911 family - the 992.2 model, featuring an array of impressive performance upgrades and technologies that offer next generation electric assisted hybrid performance.

The 992.2 model introduces four new derivatives that are sure to satisfy the most demanding car enthusiasts.

Beginning with the 911 Turbo and 911 Turbo S, the 911 Turbo will mate the existing 3.7L flat-six engine with a pair of 400 volt electric motors offering a combined 712 HP, while the Turbo S will produce a staggering 836 HP.

All 911 Carrera all wheel drive models will also feature a similar hybrid electric system, mating a single 400 volt electric motor with the 3.0L turbo-charged flat-six engine. These will be available as the 911 Carrera, 911 Carrera 4S, 911 Carrera GTS4, offered as Coupe, Cabriolet, and Targa models, and all featuring Porsche's world class 8 speed PDK transmission.

For those seeking a manual transmission, Porsche is proud to offer the 911 Carrera T, 911 Carrera S and 911 Carrera GTS in manual rear wheel drive only models, all of which feature modest improvements in power over the 992.1 generation.

All 992.2 models will feature a fully digital dashboard including a digital tachometer, optional extended navigation and media touchscreen for passengers, as well as optional driver's heads up display (HUD).

The following users liked this post:
Cokerrat (02-23-2023)

Quick Reply: 992.2 April 2024 Release