Sponsored by:

Reaction from BMW drivers and other brands

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2022, 05:31 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,499 Likes on 961 Posts

Originally Posted by HashTag
True story from this morning. We're on the way back from the Together Fest at my dealership, right lane doing 72 in a 65 minding our own business. Out of nowhere comes this KIA SUV (the $99/month and a second one free kind) and flies by - just to get in front of me and immediately slowing down below the 72 I was going. So I leisurely switched to the left lane, passing the guy. He, of course accelerates and I (very slowly) keep up. At about 85 he has a car in front of him and needs to brake. Next thing he aggressively changed lanes, got behind me and started tailgating. As soon as I finished passing, I went back to the right lane (slowing down to 72). Now he gets next to me doing exactly my speed so that now I would have to brake. At this point I was fed up and floored it (M-Engineering tune for motor and PDK). Within a second there's a gap of the size of the USS Nimitz between us and I once again slow down. He was riding my butt until I got off. What in the world are people thinking... ???
I have experienced this in one form or another many times in my various 911s...they especially don't like the Turbos in my opinion. Always have to show their small d*ck energy. I always drive with the idea to create space between me and other drivers. This means never tailgating, and not preferring to be tailgated. This is why the TTS can be so valuable in unprecedented times like these.
Many of these people don't have happy families. Abused as children. Perpetual negativity that they hold that disgust toward the vaunted Turbo S. Poor b*stards.
The following users liked this post:
HashTag (09-03-2022)
Old 09-03-2022, 05:54 PM
malba2366
Burning Brakes

Received 750 Likes on 423 Posts

All the time...usually it is a 3 series with douchey M stripe grille inserts or a Model 3. I just let them pass...winning a stoplight race is about the most meaningless thing in the world to me.
Old 09-03-2022, 07:19 PM
911dude41
Drifting

Received 1,226 Likes on 705 Posts

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
I moved from CA to AZ 4 yrs ago and man all of that stuff you mentioned I've seen or experienced myself. I don't know WTF is up with AZ drivers. I have had drivers - typically in those huge monster trucks, flip me off as I'm riding my road bike completely within the bike lane minding my own business. I've also noticed that many AZ drivers MUST cut someone off no matter what. So if I'm in a line of cars and there's barely 2 car lengths btw me and the car ahead and no cars at all behind me and some dude or girl has to make a lane change into my lane, they won't just pull in behind me where there is infinite space, but absolutely MUST accelerate and squeeze in front of me. Left turns are super treacherous in AZ. I have seen more left turn intersection in accidents in AZ the past 4 yrs than I have seen in all 45 yrs I lived in California.

Then, during the winter mos when snowbirds come back to AZ, there are either people driving 55 mphs in the fast lane... or people speeding like crazy. There is no in between. There are some good things though. I do appreciate that the cops in AZ are much more relaxed and don't really care if you're doing 80-85 on the fwy or 60 mph in a 45 mph zone on the streets. I've also accelerated really hard to get on the fwy once and probably got up to 100 or so and slowed back down to 75 and a cop pulled up right behind me, watched me for a while - probably running my plate - then just left me alone.
Welcome to AZ. Lots of riff raff here and the majority of the people are not native to AZ so they bring in their own driving style of where they came from. Lots of "I'm better than you" types and idiots with something to prove.

Snow birds are the worst. Traffic jams start at 12pm in certain areas and they start 5-6 miles further back than they typically do during the season.

People are so tough in their cars when theyre surrounded by all the metal. They're dumb enough to follow you home too which is a recipe for disaster for both parties.

I'm well connected within Phoenix PD, the general consensus is that they've got bigger fish to fry than to heckle you for speeding. I've been seen speeding right past Phoenix PD multiple times. At worst I've been followed for a couple miles while they wait for me to do it right in front of them. Just chill out and they'll drive off. Many officers have told me they'd rather let someone go doing 50 in a 40 than to risk getting shot.

The lifted truck/diesel scene is dying and most of those guys are out in Peoria/West Valley.

Oh, I also used to swear AZ drivers are the worst in the world. Till I've driven to Nevada a dozen times. Nevada/Vegas takes the cake and it's not even close.

In AZ I've witnessed 3 wrong way drivers including one death. Hopped over the median on the 202 and ran up to the victims car and seen his limp body slouched to the side. Lost 2 friends to wrong way drivers and one has been in the hospital for 2 years. 6 month coma and 18 months in a vegetative state. He's a goner but his family refuses to pull the plug. F-150 head on into a motorcycle on the SR 51.
Old 09-03-2022, 08:03 PM
22CarreraS
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by HashTag
True story from this morning. We're on the way back from the Together Fest at my dealership, right lane doing 72 in a 65 minding our own business. Out of nowhere comes this KIA SUV (the $99/month and a second one free kind) and flies by - just to get in front of me and immediately slowing down below the 72 I was going. So I leisurely switched to the left lane, passing the guy. He, of course accelerates and I (very slowly) keep up. At about 85 he has a car in front of him and needs to brake. Next thing he aggressively changed lanes, got behind me and started tailgating. As soon as I finished passing, I went back to the right lane (slowing down to 72). Now he gets next to me doing exactly my speed so that now I would have to brake. At this point I was fed up and floored it (M-Engineering tune for motor and PDK). Within a second there's a gap of the size of the USS Nimitz between us and I once again slow down. He was riding my butt until I got off. What in the world are people thinking... ???
I have had similar idiots do this when I am driving my 2019 ZR1. The secret is to get so far ahead they can’t catch up. If that fails, exit and check email. I don’t get people challenging me in the 911. The ZR1 makes people find new levels of stupid!
Old 09-03-2022, 08:26 PM
rgraybill
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Usually more issues with small sedans being driven by women. Tailgating, cutting off, cranky faces, usually racing from one place to another and don't even notice what you're driving.
AlexCeres (09-03-2022)
Old 09-03-2022, 08:27 PM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 726 Posts

Out here every lifted diesel truck blowing black smoke with 22s and off road tires sticking 12” out past the fender wants to run me.
Old 09-03-2022, 11:17 PM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 876 Likes on 416 Posts

I just pay little or no attention to them except for driving safety reasons. 50 years of motorcycle riding applied to what can this dumb *** do to collide with me is really all I’m concerned with while driving.
The following 3 users liked this post by icanthelpit:
AlexCeres (09-03-2022), jtsrenn (09-04-2022), Tompoodie (09-23-2022)
Old 09-03-2022, 11:58 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,662 Likes on 1,019 Posts

Originally Posted by rgraybill
Usually more issues with small sedans being driven by women. Tailgating, cutting off, cranky faces, usually racing from one place to another and don't even notice what you're driving.
yeah. Way way more issues with folks on the phone or just not paying attention as they miss their exit or fail to signal. Had a couple extra special ********, one try to race, and one threw a water bottle, but nothing I’d say generalizes to other marques as a whole. A lot of car guys … love to talk about cars.
Old 09-23-2022, 10:34 AM
GoCards67
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 85 Posts

What is it with Subaru drivers? For some reason they seem to be especially aggressive. Not just kids in WRX's either. Why is someone driving a Forrester wanting to race me? I don't get it.
Old 09-23-2022, 10:46 AM
dudeoverthere
Burning Brakes

Received 631 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by GoCards67
What is it with Subaru drivers? For some reason they seem to be especially aggressive. Not just kids in WRX's either. Why is someone driving a Forrester wanting to race me? I don't get it.
in my neck of the woods all subaru drivers do the following: 1) drive 5-10 mph under the limit 2) cruise in the left lane at aforementioned speed 3) count to 10 before going after the light turns green 4) run the red light becuase they missed the green due to long wait times 5) switch to my lane at a red light even though they would be first at the light had they stayed in their lane.
The following 2 users liked this post by dudeoverthere:
GoCards67 (09-23-2022), Smirnoff67 (09-23-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 01:50 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,465 Likes on 2,813 Posts

I’ll say this much - I’ve seriously told my wife if she sees an Altima then she needs to keep her guard and prepare for evasive maneuvers.

Not joking - Altima drivers are universally reckless psychopaths.
Old 09-23-2022, 08:07 PM
Smirnoff67
Pro

Received 463 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by dudeoverthere
in my neck of the woods all subaru drivers do the following: 1) drive 5-10 mph under the limit 2) cruise in the left lane at aforementioned speed 3) count to 10 before going after the light turns green 4) run the red light becuase they missed the green due to long wait times 5) switch to my lane at a red light even though they would be first at the light had they stayed in their lane.
My son calls those cars Boobaroos.. In northern Michigan those damn things are everywhere. Dime a dozen. They rank up there with Prius drivers IMO.
NastyHabits (09-24-2022)
Old 09-25-2022, 01:37 AM
kyosha
Track Day

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

in Colorado, the are the state car every think they are safe in the snow. I have more of them wrecked on the side of I 70 than any car including Tahoes..
we were going up Vail pass in a blizzard and watched a guy launch of a 200 ft cliff because of course Subaru can go 60 in a blizzard. the WRX guys are pretty good,
they know as my as I do about the 992. It is the Forsters are nuts. I got on the i 70 doing 75 mph and this woman in a Forster tailgated me trying to get me speed up,. i pulled over in the slow lane and being I 70 there was CHP hon the next onramp, Nailed her about 90mph
Old 09-25-2022, 10:13 PM
Richard V
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Did a 450 mile run to VA on Friday, and 450 back this morning. Started the first leg at 3:30am and today's at 5am, so the majority of the time was off-peak fun. A few hours into the runs, it seemed to be the pickup trucks that were the mis-equipped racers, much of the time. That and the occasional beater being beaten to absolute crap. You can smell when they're pushing waaaaay too hard.

Still infatuated with this car after 29k miles. c2s cab
Old 09-25-2022, 11:06 PM
dudeoverthere
Burning Brakes

Received 631 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by kyosha
in Colorado, the are the state car every think they are safe in the snow. I have more of them wrecked on the side of I 70 than any car including Tahoes..
we were going up Vail pass in a blizzard and watched a guy launch of a 200 ft cliff because of course Subaru can go 60 in a blizzard. the WRX guys are pretty good,
they know as my as I do about the 992. It is the Forsters are nuts. I got on the i 70 doing 75 mph and this woman in a Forster tailgated me trying to get me speed up,. i pulled over in the slow lane and being I 70 there was CHP hon the next onramp, Nailed her about 90mph
Welcome to Colorado. Here's you puffy jacket, Subaru, and large dog. Enjoy your stay.

Quick Reply: Reaction from BMW drivers and other brands