Reaction from BMW drivers and other brands

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2022, 05:53 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,614 Likes on 819 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGWORM
When it comes to 911's the Turbo guys would mess with me. Mclaren guys would too. But anyone else in a base, S or 4S, GTS would ignore me as if I wasn't next to them. Which I liked. lol.
^ That's because the people who own Turbos or McLarens, etc tend to be a somewhat different group of people than the people who tend to buy Carrera models.

That's at least been my general observation
The following users liked this post:
SBAD (08-31-2022)
Old 08-30-2022, 06:10 PM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 678 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by FrostyAZ
I know there were a couple AZ posters to this thread, which is where I also live. My current Porsche is a 992 GT3 and it gets way more attention than I expected. My previous was a C4S and it got very little attention. I have been flipped off, tailgated, people wanting to race, thumbs up, and rubbernecking to the point of almost crashing. Really surprised that just adding a wing on the back makes so many other people react. A couple months ago I was being tailgated by a total POS and we passed a motorcycle cop. He immediately put his lights on and caught up to us. I thought I was getting a speeding ticket but instead he nailed the idiot behind me for following to close. Felt so good to see that happen. AZ definitely has its share of redneck morons.
Lived in Gilbert 1986-2020 and I totally agree with the morons and their lack of driving abilities. More people tried to race me than anywhere else I've ever lived. If you had a car or truck that even looked cool or a German auto (just had BMWs there, the lowly "asshat" @BIGWORM non-M types ) then some clown would always want to race.
Old 08-30-2022, 07:12 PM
BIGWORM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,059 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by PHX
Lived in Gilbert 1986-2020 and I totally agree with the morons and their lack of driving abilities. More people tried to race me than anywhere else I've ever lived. If you had a car or truck that even looked cool or a German auto (just had BMWs there, the lowly "asshat" @BIGWORM non-M types ) then some clown would always want to race.
Hold up... I am not implying everyone in a 3 series is an asshat. Im saying most people Ive run into that want to race me are asshat (mostly kids) in a 3 series they probably got from there mom.
Old 08-30-2022, 07:36 PM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 678 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGWORM
Hold up... I am not implying everyone in a 3 series is an asshat. Im saying most people Ive run into that want to race me are asshat (mostly kids) in a 3 series they probably got from there mom.
All good, my intent was sarcastic humor that can't hit over the internet with a smile and a nod and a frothy beverage!

And now what are you saying...cause my daughter started with a 3 series! Totally true, but again, kidding kidding kidding!

There was a clapped out 2006ish 3 series convertible that had "M550i" badging on it that tried to race us this past Sunday tho...never bothered to look, however based on my super sleuthing ability and the badge, I would garner a guess they fit your description.
Old 08-30-2022, 10:51 PM
Geruvah
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by inthesticks
In NYC it seems everyone with an Altima or Maxima is auditioning for the Fast and the Furious. Over tuned, terrible stance, loud (the bad kind) and aggressive. I try to keep my distance cause half those guys cant drive for ****.
I was going to say "I've only seen the Nissans" and now I see why. Saturday, though, it was an old jewish guy on Ocean Parkway with his Nissan Maxima. SUPER aggressive with his driving. Not the kind of person I was expecting when he finally came up next to me after seeing how he drove in my rear view mirror.

Last edited by Geruvah; 08-30-2022 at 10:57 PM.
Old 08-31-2022, 12:36 AM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

Originally Posted by voyagez.fr
Anyone here experiencing aggressive driving nature against their 992 from BMW 3 series drivers?

I drive in a very peaceful/safe manner and today witnessed multiple 3 series drivers floor their cars at a stoplight next to me. There are other cars on the road and the way these drivers drive creates a very unsafe environment.
Ohhh yeah, 3-series, M3/M4, and M5. Last week as I passed a few cars fairly gently on the right, M5 had to floor it behind me and approach me to show his acceleration...I gently applied my 10-piston calipers and got his **** to slow right down.
Old 08-31-2022, 09:05 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,502 Likes on 937 Posts

It seems my 992S is a magnet for every 18 year old with a Mustang, Camaro or loud Civic. Unsure if the catalyst is TV (Fast & Furious) or video games but I just wave and let them fly by ……..which is what they would expect their grandfather to do.
Old 08-31-2022, 10:13 AM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

No offense, but I feel like I'm listening to a bunch of cranky grampas. So what if somebody in an M5 decides to engage in some spirited driving?

I'm not advocating for all out street racing. But you get a stretch of wide open road and you both want to figure out whose car accelerates faster for a few seconds.

Not sure why people--particularly 911 owners--have to get so hot and bothered by that. Not a big deal
The following users liked this post:
surquhar (08-31-2022)
Old 08-31-2022, 10:32 AM
porscheprestige
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by voyagez.fr
Anyone here experiencing aggressive driving nature against their 992 from BMW 3 series drivers?

I drive in a very peaceful/safe manner and today witnessed multiple 3 series drivers floor their cars at a stoplight next to me. There are other cars on the road and the way these drivers drive creates a very unsafe environment.
I refuse to believe those drivers are over 25 years old...
So then , yes...I would say is normal.
Old 08-31-2022, 10:39 AM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

^ I'm 46 (and a doctor, AND a small business owner) and I'm totally fine with it.

Old 08-31-2022, 10:42 AM
porscheprestige
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tupper
^ I'm 46 (and a doctor, AND a small business owner) and I'm totally fine with it.
But do you drive a BMW ?
Old 08-31-2022, 10:54 AM
commie
Instructor

Received 104 Likes on 56 Posts

I don't get too many other cars that want to race me at the lights where I drive, and I don't have too much issues with it when I do get one of these encounters, because those I can choose to ignore and won't impact me too much.
What I hate the most are the drivers that were driving slow and when they see me wanting to change into their lane or merge into the lane while entering the highway, they would speed up to match my merging speed.
Even worse is when i then try to slow down to merge behind them, they would slow down as well.
The following 2 users liked this post by commie:
porscheprestige (08-31-2022), SBAD (08-31-2022)
Old 08-31-2022, 10:57 AM
porscheprestige
Instructor

Originally Posted by commie
I don't get too many other cars that want to race me at the lights where I drive, and I don't have too much issues with it when I do get one of these encounters, because those I can choose to ignore and won't impact me too much.
What I hate the most are the drivers that were driving slow and when they see me wanting to change into their lane or merge into the lane while entering the highway, they would speed up to match my merging speed.
Even worse is when i then try to slow down to merge behind them, they would slow down as well.
The Sunday drivers you mean ?
Old 08-31-2022, 10:57 AM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porscheprestige
But do you drive a BMW ?
LOL, actually I do. The M340i, with a modded exhaust. It's not an M3 but it's still pretty darn fast.

Do I go around trying to race people in it? No. But when I owned my 992 I would sometimes try to engage in a little light-hearted spirited driving with other newer Porsche's I ran into. As usual, most of them were driving slowly and disinterested, but I have on occasion met 911 drivers with some personality who wanted to engage in a little fun. I actually once had a guy in an AMG S63 try to race with me. I don't mind that stuff in the least, as long as you have open road and everybody knows that this is all in good fun--nothing to be a sour puss about
Old 08-31-2022, 10:59 AM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by commie
^ Whoa, who are those people? I've never encountered that

Quick Reply: Reaction from BMW drivers and other brands