Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adm!!??

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2022 | 07:50 AM
Il CP
Pro

Originally Posted by slc4s
buy a fun gap car. While I wait I picked up a wrangler 392 with extreme recon package (paid $1k over msrp) and haven’t had the top on since the week it came home. Honestly I smile as much in that thing as I ever have in a car. It’s fantastic
Very sound advice. There's something to be said for cars that makes you smile at 30 mph
Old 04-17-2022 | 08:16 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by slc4s
buy a fun gap car. While I wait I picked up a wrangler 392 with extreme recon package (paid $1k over msrp) and haven’t had the top on since the week it came home. Honestly I smile as much in that thing as I ever have in a car. It’s fantastic
I have the TTS and 993, and honestly those cars are a blast. I have very limited garage space, so when the allocation does arrive I’ll need to decide if I want to trade in the TTS or not. The Turbo S is the best car I’ve ever owned, so there is no guarantee that I will. That said, by the time the allocation comes I may be ready for a change. I usually get the itch by year 2.

I am actually looking right now at getting a cheaper, fun car to have on hand as a beater. M2 competition has been on my radar, but I’m waiting for the right one to come along.
Old 04-17-2022 | 08:23 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Wait until car manufactures announce MY23 msrp

You may be better off (less out of pocket) buying a my22 w adm

Do not be surprised when u see a 20-30 percent bump from inflation

So stand ur ground on msrp, wait...and pay more out of pocket

Anyone considering selling..hold until announcement of revised msrp

Last edited by Izzone; 04-17-2022 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-17-2022 | 08:51 AM
Il CP
Pro

Originally Posted by Izzone
Wait until car manufactures announce MY23 msrp

You may be better off (less out of pocket) buying a my22 w adm

Do not be surprised when u see a 20-30 percent bump from inflation

So stand ur ground on msrp, wait...and pay more out of pocket

Anyone considering selling..hold until announcement of revised msrp
Doubt that very much. Here in Europe and many other places, we don't see those insane ADM's. It's a US and partly UK thing. By raising prices that much, they would really hurt themselves in the rest of the world.
Old 04-17-2022 | 05:27 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Il CP
You are missing the point. It's about the fact that a 911 simply does not feel special enough to warrant an ADM. I actually don't know many who own both a Pista and 765. It tends to be either one or the other for most of us. Senna is a different story.

Perhaps it would be better to say, why pay an ADM for a 911 when you have an 812, F8 or 720S as a daily driver as well? That's what I find to be what differentiates in this segment. The money and actual price of the ADM dies not really matter. It just makes zero sense to pay ADM for something that by comparison is not much higher on the ladder than say a BMW M or Audi RS. When that is the point of vantage, ADM on a regular 911 just seems utterly bonkers. If it was about being cheap, there would be no exotics in the garage at all.
I think you have some caviar on your lip, sir.

The following users liked this post:
tomingrassia (04-18-2022)
Old 04-17-2022 | 05:32 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rk-d
I am actually looking right now at getting a cheaper, fun car to have on hand as a beater. M2 competition has been on my radar, but I’m waiting for the right one to come along.
M2 is a great choice as a "fun beater", but if you're already in that ~$60k range you could also consider 718s and definitely 981s. Depends on what you want it for, and what your tolerances are for used cars.

Personally I was considering skipping the 992 altogether with all the wait and nonsense, and finding an M2 CS. If I could have found one for sub-$100k that was well taken care of, I would have done it. Seems that others have caught on the CS and the market is perking up for them, but I still think it's a relative bargain at that price point if you can tolerate all the BMW-ness.
Old 04-17-2022 | 07:09 PM
Il CP
Pro

Originally Posted by manifold danger
I think you have some caviar on your lip, sir.
Doubtful as I hate that stuff. But did make myself a nice cheap potato and leak soup for dinner.
Old 04-17-2022 | 07:44 PM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by Mt cowboy
Looking at a gts, with just the options I want. 40000$ adm, and a lowball offer for my 2020 4000 mile c2s. How long can this last?
This crap is gonna last until inventory starts coming in ...which means production ramp-up, better supplies, more allocations, then time to ship the vehicles. You're looking at 1 year+ IMO.
Old 04-17-2022 | 08:12 PM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by Drew46
That remains to be seen. I think that some of these "highly offensive" ADMs in the range of 5-6% of MSRP may turn out to be less than the increase in MSPR from 22 to 23.
I can tell you that some suppliers of metals and metal parts are increasing their prices 10-20% across the board. Roll all that up and if you wanna maintain profit margins, your MSRP could be taking a substantial hike for MY 2023.
Old 04-17-2022 | 08:31 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by manifold danger
M2 is a great choice as a "fun beater", but if you're already in that ~$60k range you could also consider 718s and definitely 981s. Depends on what you want it for, and what your tolerances are for used cars.

Personally I was considering skipping the 992 altogether with all the wait and nonsense, and finding an M2 CS. If I could have found one for sub-$100k that was well taken care of, I would have done it. Seems that others have caught on the CS and the market is perking up for them, but I still think it's a relative bargain at that price point if you can tolerate all the BMW-ness.
M2 CS would be awesome, but there are none <$100k.

Honestly, I’d prefer to have something in the 50s, but any M2 in that price range has a lot of miles on it, which is not something I’m keen to do. So the search continues.
Old 04-18-2022 | 02:47 PM
ssiminou
Banned

I think the ADMs are here to stay for some time. Will things eventually trend towards MSRP for Base and S? Yes. GTS / Turbo / Turbo S may stay above MSRP for a bit longer, but when production conditions finally improve (or rates go up enough to affect demand), we should see most new cars trend towards sticker. Now, if you a think a new 992 GT3 will ever be readily available at sticker (without a great relationship or losing a ton on a trade), I think that's delusional. But we may see ADMs on them go down as Porsche releases RS / ST / and Sport Classic (though one could argue that GT3 ADMs won't go down...the ADMs for the other stuff will just be higher! Lol)

I'm in touch with a lot of SA's across the country. As many know, CA and FL are the worst by far in terms of ADM. I have a great SA on the east coast who's rather fair with ADMs and is a stand-up guy overall. He's helped a few people on here. He may not have open slots for everything right now, but he's expecting some soon and is adding people to his list.

He's currently doing ~$10k for Base and S, ~$15k for GTS / all Targas, ~$35-40k for Turbo / Turbo S, ~$50k for Winged GT3, ~$65k for Touring GT3. It seems to me these ADMs are below market (in SoCal, it'd be double these ADMs in most cases), and if they're MY22 slots, it'll be cheaper than MY23 + ADM, as we all anticipate a large price increase. I'm providing this info here as a data point for everyone. However, if anyone's been searching for a good dealership to work with, is willing to pay a reasonable ADM, and would like to get on a list with this SA, you're welcome to PM me. There's nothing in it for me except goodwill.

One more thing I'd like to mention: I think the days of there being a plethora of slots available will not return, even if we trend towards sticker. Most things -- if either priced at MSRP or with a reasonable ADM -- will be presold. You'll have to wait to get a slot. You only see dealers with open allocations if they're asking the high ADMs (like $100k+ for GT3). Hence, the best way to get one of these cars is to get on a list with a good SA, be persistent in contacting them, and hope for the best.

Last edited by ssiminou; 04-18-2022 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-18-2022 | 02:51 PM
Drew46
Drifting

Originally Posted by ssiminou
if they're MY22 slots, it'll be cheaper than MY23 + ADM, as we all anticipate a large price increase.

What's your over/under on the percentage price increase in MSRP?
ssiminou (04-18-2022)
Old 04-18-2022 | 03:01 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Originally Posted by Drew46
What's your over/under on the percentage price increase in MSRP?
Chevrolet just released MY23 Corvette pricing, and to everyone's surprise, it really didn't change much...even a lot of the major options are priced the same.

I think Porsche's price increase will be 3-4%-ish...if they do something on the higher end / much higher, they'll probably include more standard equipment or more options as a part of the packages. If they do something on the lower end / lower to look "better," they'll probably increase option pricing and make more things a-la-carte. I think we'll see the craziest price increase between 991.2 3RS and 992.1 3RS, which isn't the best comparison, and of course it's yet to be revealed.
Old 04-18-2022 | 03:37 PM
michaelp
Rennlist Member

I suspect no price increases until the 992.2 release. We're headed into an economic slow-down second half of this year (see Fed's action, etc). Car manufacturers absolutely know demand will take a hit. ADMs will revert back to super exclusive GT cars.
ron4sc (04-20-2022)
Old 04-18-2022 | 03:50 PM
Drew46
Drifting

Originally Posted by michaelp
I suspect no price increases until the 992.2 release. We're headed into an economic slow-down second half of this year (see Fed's action, etc). Car manufacturers absolutely know demand will take a hit. ADMs will revert back to super exclusive GT cars.
I will take the other side of that bet any day. Annualized inflation is over 6% but that number is trending even higher (>7.5%) over the last 4 months and is not expected to ease anytime soon. Why would any manufacturer hold their MSRP flat instead of their scheduled annual increase? I predict 3% at a minimum, expect 4-5% and would not be shocked by 6-7% or more.

The manufacturers see what the dealers are getting and they will want a piece of that since their costs are shooting up. There is no harm in setting a high MSRP as they can always bring it back down with programs and incentives, leaving the consumer feeling like they got a nice discount. Setting it too low (for the current market) puts all the upside in the dealership's pockets.

BTW, Tesla just announced increases from 4.5%-9.5% across its range. And that is not an annual increase since they increased in October of last year.

But time will tell.

EDIT: MSRP on the Corvette only increased about 1.5% and Range Rover increased roughly 3.5% across the range (no pun intended).

Last edited by Drew46; 04-18-2022 at 03:56 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Drew46:
chance6 (04-18-2022), Master Deep (04-18-2022), rhr992c4s (04-18-2022)

Quick Reply: Adm!!??