Sponsored by:

Adm!!??

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2022, 08:05 PM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Received 476 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by SBAD
…That is a boon for dealers in that they don’t need to carry inventory…
Or salespeople for that matter.

DaveGee
Old 04-13-2022, 09:02 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,030 Posts

If you believe inflation is real, and not giving up in the next 1-2 years, then why would high line car values plummet?

China is creating the next moment with its lockdowns currently. From day one they’ve pushed the narrative that it came from a seafood wet market, then CIA, packaging for chicken from Brazil, and now they’ve banned the largest Ecuadorian shrimp producer for five months because supposedly they found Covid on the master carton. Their current lockdowns are going to cause another logjam at the ports, and a supply shortage.

The producer’s price index is at 11.2%, that’s going to be passed on down to the consumer eventually.

Old 04-13-2022, 09:52 PM
356Fan3
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
This chip shortage is a scam. One year, two years, now four years. I'm not buying it anymore. The automakers like the market just the way it is - zero inventory chain, sales over MSRP, record profits, and they can concentrate on transitioning their production base away from ICE towards subsidized EVs. So the chip shortage will never end. People are paying $15K over for Ford Broncos, and everything else out there too. Hopefully a cleansing economic recession will occur shortly.
My local dealership delivered/sold 22 cars last month. All preordered, definitely confusing on what’s really happening. I’d be interested on seeing what Porsche is trending for sales in Q4 2022 and Q1 2023. I’m on an allocation list for a Cayenne GTS, apparently at the end of this year.
Old 04-13-2022, 11:07 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,797 Likes on 971 Posts

Originally Posted by 356Fan3
My local dealership delivered/sold 22 cars last month. All preordered, definitely confusing on what’s really happening. I’d be interested on seeing what Porsche is trending for sales in Q4 2022 and Q1 2023. I’m on an allocation list for a Cayenne GTS, apparently at the end of this year.
There is nuance. They are selling these cars that are pre-ordered; all with long lead times...........but there's nothing to sell to walk-in customers, which affects the monthly bottom line. My Porsche dealership said they will have no more 911's coming in after June/July, so they will be relying solely on trying to buy vehicles from prior customers.
Old 04-13-2022, 11:18 PM
OttawaSteve
Burning Brakes

Received 581 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
Only hope would be Porsche instituting price controls on their dealers for new cars (not much they can do about used ones). Evidently, Porsche doesn't have the will to do that. The dealers have a hard enough time getting zero cars - instituting price controls would probably trigger a revolt.
In most states, it isn't legal for Porsche to do that. That's why the US has ADM's and Canada doesn't, even with similar demand. Mind you, they have ways of getting around it. We see lots of "used" cars with less than 1,000 km and asking prices well above MSRP.
Old 04-14-2022, 10:15 AM
shrimp money
Race Car

Old 04-14-2022, 11:14 AM
CO 992
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
Agree - If people are “paying too much” then the market will eventually correct that mistake. In that event, those who are patient will benefit.

Of course, in some situations like air cooled Porsches, I don’t think the market is going to ever go back to where it was before. In which case, people aren’t paying too much - they are simply paying market value.

Paying a modest ADM on a GT Porsche is not necessarily stupid money - after initial depreciation those cars may very well appreciate over time. At the very least, the money lost is well worth the enjoyment the car provides.
"On a GT Porsche" is the key here and I totally agree. The people paying 20k over on a 2S or 40k over on a GTS are (eventually) gonna have a bad time if they don't keep in mind the ADM they are paying now is an "enjoy it now" fee and nothing else.
The following 2 users liked this post by CO 992:
detansinn (04-14-2022), WCGhost (04-21-2022)
Old 04-14-2022, 02:47 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,647 Likes on 778 Posts

Originally Posted by CO 992
"On a GT Porsche" is the key here and I totally agree. The people paying 20k over on a 2S or 40k over on a GTS are (eventually) gonna have a bad time if they don't keep in mind the ADM they are paying now is an "enjoy it now" fee and nothing else.
That remains to be seen. I think that some of these "highly offensive" ADMs in the range of 5-6% of MSRP may turn out to be less than the increase in MSPR from 22 to 23.
The following users liked this post:
M3Inline6 (04-14-2022)
Old 04-14-2022, 02:52 PM
lamacan
Rennlist Member

Received 404 Likes on 228 Posts

well, a friend of mine just said he was offered an in stock GTS (florida) today at $40K over. i asked my dealer, who i have a great relationship with, what market is here in LA and he said the last two they sold were $25K over, but there is no allocation in the country before august/september. offer $30k and enjoy the car.
Old 04-14-2022, 08:10 PM
michaelp
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 61 Posts

For what it's worth. I'm not seeing much inventory movement in the used 911 market in my state. Almost all the dealerships are asking outrageous over MSRP prices for 992s. These cars used to move, fast. Like one weekend fast. Something changed in the last month, these cars aren't moving. Used inventories are starting to increase. Seeing some price reductions. I suspect rising interest rates have put a cold wet blanket on the outrageous demand.

Last edited by michaelp; 04-14-2022 at 08:21 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by michaelp:
Airbag997 (04-24-2022), WCGhost (04-21-2022)
Old 04-14-2022, 08:15 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Originally Posted by michaelp
For what it's worth. I'm not seeing much inventory movement in the used 911 market in state. Almost all the dealerships are asking outrageous over MSRP prices for 992s. These cars used to move, fast. Like one weekend fast. Something changed in the last month, these cars aren't moving. Used inventories are starting to increase. Seeing some price reductions. I suspect rising interest rates have put a cold wet blanket on the outrageous demand.
Could be anecdotal. In SoCal that is definitely NOT the case. Cars are moving quickly with significant ADM.
Old 04-14-2022, 08:20 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,138 Likes on 641 Posts

For what it's worth. I'm not seeing much inventory movement in the used 911 market in state. Almost all the dealerships are asking outrageous over MSRP prices for 992s. These cars used to move, fast. Like one weekend fast. Something changed in the last month, these cars aren't moving. Used inventories are starting to increase. Seeing some price reductions. I suspect rising interest rates have put a cold wet blanket on the outrageous demand.
Possibly. Or it's just flat out greed. Just saw that my local dealer had a 992 CS in stock, asking $180k. Decent spec but original MSRP less than $140k. I know they haven't had it long, and the car has less than 1k miles on it... but holy **** that's the worst gouging I've seen for just a "regular ***" S.

If it goes quickly that will answer quite a few questions.
chance6 (04-17-2022)
Old 04-14-2022, 08:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 796 Likes on 427 Posts

Possibly. I followed a couple c2s on cars.com last week. one was Initially listed at 230ish k with the exclusive interior. Shark blue. Price reduced to 199k and was sold a day or 2 later. Other was an aerokit car listed in the 190’s. sold in a few days. Although I don’t know what they sold for, if it was anything close to the asking price, it would indicate crazy is still here. And yes, I said that right, both were c2s.
Old 04-14-2022, 08:22 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

For what it's worth. I'm not seeing much inventory movement in the used 911 market in my state. Almost all the dealerships are asking outrageous over MSRP prices for 992s. These cars used to move, fast. Like one weekend fast. Something changed in the last month, these cars aren't moving. Used inventories are starting to increase. Seeing some price reductions. I suspect rising interest rates have put a cold wet blanket on the outrageous demand.
Well in the Midwest, it’s been raining every single day for like 3 weeks.
michaelp (04-14-2022)
Old 04-14-2022, 08:23 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Originally Posted by manifold danger
Possibly. Or it's just flat out greed. Just saw that my local dealer had a 992 CS in stock, asking $180k. Decent spec but original MSRP less than $140k. I know they haven't had it long, and the car has less than 1k miles on it... but holy **** that's the worst gouging I've seen for just a "regular ***" S.

If it goes quickly that will answer quite a few questions.
Theres a white one here in SoCal that is listed for $180k that is about to sell to a friend of a friend.

Quick Reply: Adm!!??