Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery woes

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2022, 01:16 PM
turbonator
Instructor

Received 117 Likes on 60 Posts

Disappointing that you had to pay even $150. Ever since the diesel scandal and huge fine, I feel the entire VW group's customer service is going down the drain. They fight customers on warranty claims more and more.
Old 05-18-2022, 01:20 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,007 Likes on 566 Posts

Originally Posted by satk
Just to close the loop on the thread re: my battery issue. Took the car to the dealer today and was sweating out whether I would even make it there but luckily I did. I explained the 2 events over the weekend and they do their diagnostics and find the battery is bad. HOWEVER, since I drove less than the 6k per year as outlined in the manual the battery would not be covered under warranty (I've heard this approach/excuse used in other rennlist posts - Porsche is going to tell me how many miles per year I have to use my car - I don't think so). I told them the that they were going to have to do better than that and push back to Porsche and tell them:

a.). that when the car was delivered to the US it sat in Davisville trying to get through emissions for 3 months (that couldn't have helped the battery);
b.). that the car is trickle charged religiously and I had the proof to back that up (Battery Tracker from Anti-Gravity); and
c.). that the cigarette lighter functionality that was supposed to come with the car was broken and I had to go out and come up with an alternate solution to charge the battery.

I was fully prepared to escalate this to but the service manager came back and advised that they would settle at covering most of the cost (my cost $150 out of $873 total). Crazy right? All this while dealing with the 5 morning conference calls. Ugh.

Car runs great now by the way. Hope this helps someone. Interestingly enough the voltage signature in Battery Tracker looks different (more stable/less volatility) from the bad to new battery.
Glad to hear you were able to get somewhat of an acceptable resolution and that the battery tracker was available to use as a helpful tool for proof...if it's not too much trouble and you are able to, would you be so kind as to email us a few screenshots showing the before and after for the old and new battery? I think you should still be able to access the data prior to changing out provided it synced before...just so we can review it as well and have it for reference for comparing. chad@antigravitybatteries.com Thank you!
Best regards,
Chad
Old 05-18-2022, 08:02 PM
satk
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sure Chad.

Sending now.
The following users liked this post:
Antigravity (05-18-2022)

Quick Reply: Battery woes